1.    #1  
    I installed Nano. How do I access it?

I've looked at the webos-internals.org site. I know the answer is there but I don't know how to interpret it. Please, someone, dumb it down for me. I want to create and edit .txt files.
    Nano is a console-based text editor (screenshot) and not an app which could be used from the webos gui. You need to ssh into your phone in order to use it.
  3.    #3  
    Does SSH-ing in to my phone mean that I'm typing on a client, not on the Pre? I thought a "root" session could be established using the Pre itself.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    "rooting" into your pre is from a computer, not from within the pre. you can use WOSQI or Terminal, or whatever you use on a PC (I'm a mac user so I don't know what Windows users need). I don't know that it's possible to 'root' a pre FROM a pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Does SSH-ing in to my phone mean that I'm typing on a client, not on the Pre? I thought a "root" session could be established using the Pre itself.
    You can install the terminal application from Preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate