Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes
    awesome app
    got rid of a patch that preware thought was still their and cudqnt remove it
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    So my TP auto updated to 3.0.5. The 14 patches I had installed show as still installed inside Preware, but their functionality are all gone.

Looking at the EPR description, it tells me that running EPR will restore all backed up files from any ipk installation.

Just to understand better, what is the restoration process?

If it takes the pre-modified files that were retained as a back up to the mod and puts them back, thus replacing the modified files with the pre-modified files, is it possible that some of the files that were modified would not be different in 3.0.5, since the back ups were made in 3.0.4?

Or is there some other process, and running EPR is correctly called for in this case, and the files will somehow be restored to a 3.0.5 state?

Can someone help my understanding?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    So my TP auto updated to 3.0.5. The 14 patches I had installed show as still installed inside Preware, but their functionality are all gone.

Looking at the EPR description, it tells me that running EPR will restore all backed up files from any ipk installation.

Just to understand better, what is the restoration process?

If it takes the pre-modified files that were retained as a back up to the mod and puts them back, thus replacing the modified files with the pre-modified files, is it possible that some of the files that were modified would not be different in 3.0.5, since the back ups were made in 3.0.4?

Or is there some other process, and running EPR is correctly called for in this case, and the files will somehow be restored to a 3.0.5 state?

Can someone help my understanding?

Thanks!
    EPR checks md5sums of the files to make sure it doesn't restore files that have been updated in the OTA.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    EPR checks md5sums of the files to make sure it doesn't restore files that have been updated in the OTA.

-- Rod
    Sweet! This completely helps me with my understanding the why to use EPR in this case.

Off topic comment: I don't know what I will do in the event webOS development goes in a direction where it (or apps) never comes back to phones in a big way. Quite frankly, you and webOS-Internals are primary reasons I even got a Pre in the first place, therefore I hope to learn a planned road map of the future of webOS someday from you, just saying.

Thanks
    Last edited by jdod; 01/16/2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234