Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I'm very confused about the Saved Package List feature in Preware. After reading this thread I was under the impression it saved the list of all the Preware patches I have installed on my pre, so that when I upgrade Preware or upgrade WebOS I can go back and have Preware automatically install all the previous patches I've applied.

Well, last night I noticed that the version of preware I was using was outdated, so I went into the Saved Package List and pressed "Update". A message appeared at the bottom of the screen saying, "Preware: Wrote Saved Package List". Then I proceeded to update Preware. After the update all my patches were gone and I went into the Saved Package List and could not find a way to restore all my previous patches.

So, can someone please explain to me what this feature does aside from telling me when updates are available for preware installed patches, apps, etc.? With a feature name like "Saved Package List" it certainly gives the impression that it saves my list of installed software, but I'm having no luck figuring this out.

Thanks for your help.
    I have a sprint Palm PRE running WebOS 1.4.1 and i can't update or remove the timestamps clean path using preware, or by using the WebOSQuickInstall.jar.
    can anyone help
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Is this thing still maintained and working for anyone these days?

I tried using it early this morning after an issue with USCL. It didn't appear to unpatch any of my files though it did cause the patches to appear to be uninstalled in Preware. And it didn't uninstall itself.

(Amazingly, reinstalling from the Saved Package List in Preware actually reinstalled everything I had cleanly, except for System Menu Initial Framework.)
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    EPR install log, where you will see a lot of "Nothing to be done" messages:
    http://webonastick.com/epr-log.txt

Post-EPR install log, where you will see a lot of "Interestingly, the patch seems to already be applied" messages:
    http://webonastick.com/post-epr-log.txt

Before the EPR, I reinstalled my patches after OTA update from Preware's Saved Package List. Logs from that look mostly normal to me except for some patch removal failures for USCL (another topic):
    http://webonastick.com/post-ota-reinstall-log.txt
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    Is this thing still maintained and working for anyone these days?

I tried using it early this morning after an issue with USCL. It didn't appear to unpatch any of my files though it did cause the patches to appear to be uninstalled in Preware. And it didn't uninstall itself.

(Amazingly, reinstalling from the Saved Package List in Preware actually reinstalled everything I had cleanly, except for System Menu Initial Framework.)
    It should have removed itself, but you will see it as installed until you "update feeds" in Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    EPR install log, where you will see a lot of "Nothing to be done" messages:
    http://webonastick.com/epr-log.txt

Post-EPR install log, where you will see a lot of "Interestingly, the patch seems to already be applied" messages:
    http://webonastick.com/post-epr-log.txt

Before the EPR, I reinstalled my patches after OTA update from Preware's Saved Package List. Logs from that look mostly normal to me except for some patch removal failures for USCL (another topic):
    http://webonastick.com/post-ota-reinstall-log.txt
    I can't see anything obviously wrong here. For some reason the files in question weren't in the file_list (which EPR uses to recover backup files). I can't see anything in your logs or the AUPT logic that would cause this. Your /var partition isn't full right?

I'm not sure what you mean by using Preware's Saved Package list to reinstall patches after OTA? You should just open Preware, update feeds and hit update all. No saved package list for updating.

There's a chunk of time missing between post-ota-reinstall-log and epr-log. Did you try anything else in between?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    the epr doesn;t seem to be removing my patches. it is also not removing itself. it has always worked in the past.

I think I may be having the same issue as the other user in this thread.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I can't see anything obviously wrong here. For some reason the files in question weren't in the file_list (which EPR uses to recover backup files). I can't see anything in your logs or the AUPT logic that would cause this. Your /var partition isn't full right?
    As of this morning:

Code:
    Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                            253920    219740     34180  87% /var
    I'm not sure what you mean by using Preware's Saved Package list to reinstall patches after OTA? You should just open Preware, update feeds and hit update all. No saved package list for updating.
    I had to remove a couple of those patches that touched multiple packages that were listed in the one post about patches you had to remove before the OTA.

There's a chunk of time missing between post-ota-reinstall-log and epr-log. Did you try anything else in between?
    These are the things listed in webos-patches.log, I didn't do anything else that I can remember:
    Two more failed attempts to remove USCL.
    Reinstalled SMS Tone Per Contact v2.
    Reinstalled GestureClick Context Menu.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I started the running EPR this morning about an hour ago and it's sitting htere saying "Removing original file..." for the last 45 minutes. What should I do?

Nevermind, I just restarted my phone and the trouble patches were gone.
    Last edited by Sanglant; 09/21/2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: self-solved
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    EPR is hanging. Looking at the running processes, I see

Code:
    md5sum //media/internal/virtual-keyboard/.themes/LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e/portrait/lowercase/q.png
    It continues to run until I restart the Pre.

There is no LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e folder under .themes (nor any other folder).

When I run md5sum on a non-existent file, it exits at once. I don't know why that seems to be untrue when it is run by EPR.

I think the virtual-keyboard folder should not be there at all, since I have removed VK and VKB Default Themes, and run Cleanup VKB Files. I would just delete the folder, but ... the thing is already looking at files which aren't present, something else must be pointing here, so deleting this folder probably wouldn't help.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Does this patch remove all installed patches or can you selectively choose what patches to remove? Don't want to start over again!
    pre2930
    IIIxe>VIIx>Vx>Zire72>Treo755p>Pre+>Touchpad/Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by pre2930 View Post
    Does this patch remove all installed patches or can you selectively choose what patches to remove? Don't want to start over again!
    It removes all patches.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Any idea, why EPR won't remove the patches? I have tried everything, from running EPR via Preware on the device (Pre 2), WebOSQuickInstall-4.04, running webOS-Doctor, resetting everything (wiping the USB drive and removing all settings etc.) via the Device Manager's "Full Erase". After reboot and the setup-process, the patches are still there -.- (e.g. Advanced System Menus). I am also not able to remove the "Advanced"-patches in Preware and via WebOSQuickInstall.
    Last edited by daze; 03/31/2011 at 01:56 AM.
    never mind, after running the webOS-Doctor a second time, the patches are gone for good.
    Does this remove only patches, or does it remove other things installed through preware as well? Like applications, services, etc?
    this package is not available in preware anymore... can i find it somewhere else?.. thanks!
    just type to search in preware. It is there.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    just type to search in preware. It is there.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, well yeah i can see it and actually i tried to install it, but when it tries to install i see a message saying that the package was not found and a couple of seconds later i get an error saying that the app was not installed.

EDIT:

alright so i've done a bit more of research, now i used the WebOS Quick Install and it shows this two errors: (please see attached files)

looks like it's actually downloading it (my apologies again), but after trying to install it... it fails? i have web0s 3.0.4.... u think it has something to do=?

thanks.. any help will be really appreciated!

EDIT2: I've downloaded the IPK file and tried to install it directly... no success either.. any log you guys want to check?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gabrielcr78; 10/19/2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielcr78 View Post
    Thanks Rod, well yeah i can see it and actually i tried to install it, but when it tries to install i see a message saying that the package was not found and a couple of seconds later i get an error saying that the app was not installed.

EDIT:

alright so i've done a bit more of research, now i used the WebOS Quick Install and it shows this two errors: (please see attached files)

looks like it's actually downloading it (my apologies again), but after trying to install it... it fails? i have web0s 3.0.4.... u think it has something to do=?

thanks.. any help will be really appreciated!

EDIT2: I've downloaded the IPK file and tried to install it directly... no success either.. any log you guys want to check?
    That error message says that as far as EPR and Preware are concerned, you have no patches installed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks a lot! now i just need to figure out why all of the patches i had installed are not showing up to be installed on my preware or my quick install after i ran OS doctor...
    anyone knows if thereis another usefull tread in the forum abourt that topic?
    thanks again Rod!!!

cheers
    I ran EPR and nothing happened. It went through everything and I still can not get muffled to install.

I also noticed that when I went to redo my patches after running EPR, I still had some of the patches installed.

Does anyone have any ideas.
    rrrr#WN likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast