Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The good news is that EPR is there. Try turning everything to YES in Preware Preferences and Manage Feeds like it says in the instructions:

Getting Started: Preware:

- Craig
    Well, I have EVERYTHING turned to YES and I still don't see EPR in the list. I search for "emergency" and all I get is "Move Emergency Call" and "Limited Emergency Button". What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoyleMycelf View Post
    Well, I have EVERYTHING turned to YES and I still don't see EPR in the list. I search for "emergency" and all I get is "Move Emergency Call" and "Limited Emergency Button". What am I doing wrong?
    Boy is this frustrating -- I swear I 've used this before -- but it is nowhere to be found now. I get the same two 'emergency' items you do.

Guess I'll go try and figure out the alternate solution, wherever that is.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    Boy is this frustrating -- I swear I 've used this before -- but it is nowhere to be found now. I get the same two 'emergency' items you do.

Guess I'll go try and figure out the alternate solution, wherever that is.
    Uninstall the Package Manager Service/Preware using Quick Install, then reinstall both. That should fix the problem.
    list of everything/type "emergency patch removal" no quotes!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Uninstall the Package Manager Service/Preware using Quick Install, then reinstall both. That should fix the problem.
    how do u uninstall with QI?
    EDIT: Er...a look at this first post showed me the error of my ways:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...overy-epr.html

The emergency patch recovery dealio isn't in Preware under Patches, it's under Available Packages > Linux Applications > All
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 12/29/2009 at 02:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am just checking back here before doing the webOS update and want to thank people for "updating" my post about marking down the patches you have installed before doing the webOS update. When I said to "write down" the list of installed patches, I thought after posting that it would be better in a memo on the phone or Word Doc on my desktop but I see people have found better ways with the Tasks method and the screen shots...many minds are better than one!! Now, I hope I can get the EPR to work without the problems others have had...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Re-installing the Package Manager Service with webOS Quick Installer helped re-establish the correct feeds path to the webOS-Internals group and helped me find the EPR and all of the other updates from them I had missed. Thanks to emoney_33 and his answer to me. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2110199

My post describing. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2114382
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    with all the 1.3.5 issues I've read, I'm paranoid and trying to prepare my phone for the update.

*edit* i went ahead and uninstalled PMS and Preware using QuickInstall, then updated to 1.3.5. Only one issue so far: calendar app broke! I posted the issue under the main Pre forum
    Last edited by bbkat; 12/30/2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    how do u uninstall with QI?
    Follow the steps explained here under Removing Apps, Patches, and Themes for how to remove apps like Package Manager Service and Preware:

Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes

Then reinstall Package Manager Service and Preware using the steps explained in the Setup section of:

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes

- Craig
  11.    #31  
    Unfortunately I just discovered a bug in the patching system that fails to create backup files in some rare situations.

diffstat -l will not list files when the context contains lines that begin with a tab. I don't know how many patches have this but I know there are at least a handful of examples. Because of this, there is a chance that EPR will leave you in a state where some files may be left modified. The problem will be remedied in the new AUPT system that is under testing, but for now I recommend some sort of sanity check or using Repair Utility in compatibility override mode after EPR (or instead of may work too) to ensure that your files were indeed repaired correctly.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    If you have the Command Line and USCL Notes Patch patches installed via Preware, then running EPR yields an ipkg error. I'm not going to manually type the whole thing (and I see no method by which to copy it) but basically it causes the former to be left "installed" even though the patch is actually removed.

This is because the latter depends on the former and EPR doesn't take this into account.

This is easily reproduced by doing the following on an emulator (or on a device, if you so dare):
    - install Preware
    - install the Command Line patch (it's under Universal Search)
    - install the USCL Notes Patch patch (also under Universal Search)
    - run EPR

Workaround: after running EPR, run:

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.universal-search-command-line

(Type that all on one line. Ignore the message about not running prerm.)

For the time being you will have to uninstall the USCL Notes Patch via Preware first before running EPR.

Here is someone else's bug report. I've experienced it myself during the 1.3.1->1.3.5 upgrade, but didn't get a good chunk of time to look further into it until tonight.
    Last edited by dsevil; 01/05/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    I maintain the Universal Search Command Line, Hide App Vendors, and Poor Man's Twitter Client patches; the palm-rsync utility; and the rot13 web-distributed app.

I also have a twitter feed and a web site.
  13.    #33  
    Ahh yes I ran into this while testing AUPT, must have forgotten to update the existing EPR. I'll be adding -force-depends to EPR so that the package dependencies won't yield error.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  14. J0E
    arg... my pre forced the update on me without asking... I didn't get a chance to remove patches and even with reinstalling preware it won't let me install the patches I had before. Will this remedy this? ie. remove all patches so I can go through and install again or do i have to do a wipe?
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    arg... my pre forced the update on me without asking... I didn't get a chance to remove patches and even with reinstalling preware it won't let me install the patches I had before. Will this remedy this? ie. remove all patches so I can go through and install again or do i have to do a wipe?
    I may be in the same predicament - I delayed the update install hoping that I can use the Emergency Patch Recovery app.

*fingers crossed*
    what happens if you run this patch while a theme is installed, could it be the reason i cant get my patches to uninstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    what happens if you run this patch while a theme is installed, could it be the reason i cant get my patches to uninstall?
    Absolutely. If you have problems while you have a theme installed, then the simplest solution is usually the webOS Doctor.

Themes are not covered by AUPT, and cause many problems if they touch the same files that patches touch.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank you milominderbinder for the detailed instructions. I knew EPR existed but I was not sure about it's uses.
    So this removes all of my patches, is there a way to get them all back.....or should i have written them down before i updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by nicallen63 View Post
    So this removes all of my patches, is there a way to get them all back.....or should i have written them down before i updated?
    Use the Saved Package List feature in Preware.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast