Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    so I got a new pre. Went to install the package manger and preware both installed fine. Restarted it loaded up preware and get package manger error. Unistall via quick install reset my device then reinstall. Get the same thing. So far I've tried the dr and repair utilty. Any ideas or help
    What version of quick install? If it's earlier than 2.96, then it will fail.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    im getting a pkg-list Exception: TypeError:Object
    false has no method 'toLowerCase' error when trying to go to list everything
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hey. AUPT has piqued my interest in Preware so I installed both ipkgservice (did I say it right?) and Preware. I had problems getting updates so I checked what I had done and realized I was using WebOSQuickInstall v2.9 really am a noob....

I grabbed v2.9.6 and tried to reinstall again, only to have serious troubles uninstalling ipkgservice. I finally ran Device Manager under v2.9 and was able to remove it, but I'm still having issues.

Both applications have been removed but the File Name doesn't disappear after I click 'Install' in QI. Seems like no matter how many times I reboot, or verify that the files don't exist on my Pre they won't install.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

To confirm:
    • Dev Mode enabled
    • USB Mode enbled
    • WebOSQuickInstall 2.9.6
    • No applications listed in Device Manager

I was selecting 'USB Mode' instead of 'Just Charge' when plugging in the phone. /facepalm

Best,

And PS - thanks for the great effort of the webos internals community.
    Last edited by .plaid; 01/28/2010 at 05:28 PM.
    I updated Preware and the Package Manager Service the other day, but now if I hit the 'updates' icon, the app catalog says that the update for the Package Manager Service (0.9.35) is still there needing to be updated. But if I click on it, I'm told it's 'not a valid webOS application'.

Also... I always install my updates for Preware through Preware itself (I don't use the app catalog for that stuff).

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/15/2010 at 03:40 PM.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I updated Preware and the Package Manager Service the other day, but now if I hit the 'updates' icon, the app catalog says that the update for the Package Manager Service (0.9.35) is still there needing to be updated. But if I click on it, I'm told it's 'not a valid webOS application'.

Also... I always install my updates for Preware through Preware itself (I don't use the app catalog for that stuff).

Any suggestions?
    Unless Palm is now distributing the Package Manager Service through the App Catalog, then you should use Preware to update it.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I do use only Preware... but the device is telling me that there are application updates ready... and when I click that it takes me to the app catalog and the only item in there with a 'dot' next to it is the Package Manager Service. (unless that dot is always there and its not marking the item). Confused.
  7.    #47  
    I do use only Preware... but the device is telling me that there are application updates ready... and when I click that it takes me to the app catalog and the only item in there with a 'dot' next to it is the Package Manager Service. (unless that dot is always there and its not marking the item). Confused.
    It seems that the app catalog is confused too.

-- Rod
    LOL... ok, I'll leave it at that. I was wondering if there was something I needed to do (thinking I screwed something up), but I'll just see if it clears itself up. If not, I guess I'll just reinstall if it comes to that.

Thanks
  9.    #49  
    LOL... ok, I'll leave it at that. I was wondering if there was something I needed to do (thinking I screwed something up), but I'll just see if it clears itself up. If not, I guess I'll just reinstall if it comes to that.
    I'm unable to reproduce it on any of my three devices (one Sprint, two GSM, contacting different app catalogs with three profiles).

-- Rod
    How do I reset the ipkgservice? I'm not getting prompts in preware to run the prerm scripts or postinst scripts for patches. I've done a webos doctor and full erase, yet the problem persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcwalter View Post
    How do I reset the ipkgservice? I'm not getting prompts in preware to run the prerm scripts or postinst scripts for patches. I've done a webos doctor and full erase, yet the problem persists.
    The prompts have gone away with the new signed package capability... it just isntalls patches and removes patches (as long as they are signed).

in short... working as intended.
    Hmm. How come my patches don't uninstall unless I run EPR then? I thought preware was not running the prerm scripts, thus leaving behind the patch. Now I'm not sure what is going on.
    Newmann-

I'm getting the same error "application updates are now available" show updates and there is the little dot next to package manager service. which shouldnt even be part of that list correct?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by wcwalter View Post
    Hmm. How come my patches don't uninstall unless I run EPR then? I thought preware was not running the prerm scripts, thus leaving behind the patch. Now I'm not sure what is going on.
    See the AUPT threads.

-- Rod
    I've been looking through forums trying to find other people with my problem and so far I'm unsuccessful. Problem I'm pretty sure is with the Package Manager Service. Started when my phone started freezing up and saying that my memory usage was critical when I tried to launch Preware and then phone would restart. Thought I would just reinstall Preware and the package service through the WebOS Quick Intall and maybe that would fix it. When I tried to load the applications on my phone from there, my phone would do the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem, or better yet, an answer to it?

JPF
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by john.fuston View Post
    I've been looking through forums trying to find other people with my problem and so far I'm unsuccessful. Problem I'm pretty sure is with the Package Manager Service. Started when my phone started freezing up and saying that my memory usage was critical when I tried to launch Preware and then phone would restart. Thought I would just reinstall Preware and the package service through the WebOS Quick Intall and maybe that would fix it. When I tried to load the applications on my phone from there, my phone would do the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem, or better yet, an answer to it?

JPF
    See Twitter / WebOS Internals: "Too many cards" opening P ...

(you may wish to follow @webosinternals while you are there, or subscribe to the RSS feed)

-- Rod
    ok is it just me or is this new package manager service update broke ???? it wont stick to my phone!! everytime i update feeds it comes back!!! what is up with this stuff !!???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18.    #58  
    Which update are you referring to? The latest public release is 0.9.37 ...

-- Rod
    It seems with the most recent version of the Package Manager Service (3/2) installed the pre goes into "phone offline" mode.

Remove the service with WebOS Quick install, toggle Airplane Mode on/off and the issue goes away.

Reinstall the service will just cause the same thing to happen.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    It seems with the most recent version of the Package Manager Service (3/2) installed the pre goes into "phone offline" mode.

Remove the service with WebOS Quick install, toggle Airplane Mode on/off and the issue goes away.

Reinstall the service will just cause the same thing to happen.
    Did you wait for a minute or two while the Java services restarted?

I cannot reproduce that here, and nor did the other alpha testers.

-- Rod
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast