1.    #1  
    I am still running 1.2.1 for multiple reasons, including the need for wifi tethering. I'm also real nervous given the number of complaints about 1.3.1 and figured I'd wait it out for one more update. The phone is fine as it is. My question relates to the "blocking" script as written in WebOS Internals:

Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

Question is simple: does this only block auto updates? In other words, do I have to reverse it to install updates manually? This would be incredibly useful to have in place (in fact a number of us requested a patch for this) at all times except when you choose to update. Not that it's that hard to re-enter after you remove it, but is there a need to remove it at all?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have this same question. Soon as I get home Im dropping back down to 1.2.1 but I want to be able to update manually if need be.
  3.    #3  
    Bueller? Bueller? Be nice to know this before the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Question is simple: does this only block auto updates? In other words, do I have to reverse it to install updates manually? This would be incredibly useful to have in place (in fact a number of us requested a patch for this) at all times except when you choose to update. Not that it's that hard to re-enter after you remove it, but is there a need to remove it at all?
    You do have to reverse to install updates manually. While updates are blocked, the "updates" program will spin and spin and spin.