Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  

Luna Manager:
    For a complete change log, up-to-date instructions, and all other information pertaining to Luna Manager, Please visit the webos-internals wiki page for it: Application:Luna Manager - WebOS Internals.

Installation:
    You can download and install it like any other app. But it does depend on the package manager service that preware uses (It's how luna manager can do what it does.) If you already have preware, you're good to go. If you install luna manager through some other means, you will need to install the package manager service as well.

Usage:
    Luna Manager has 3 buttons.
    • Rescan: Rescan Option allows you to rescan your launcher. So when you install a new app and icon doesn't show up this will generally fix that.

• Restart Luna: Restarting Luna is a good solution when you install patches, themes and some advanced homebrew apps to apply the changes without the need of a full reboot of the phone. It is a lot faster then an entire reboot and comes in quite handy. Keep in mind that it will close all your currently open applications.

• Restart Java: Restarting Java is used for advanced home brew applications and installations for new services to take effect. Much easier then an entire reboot of the phone. Keep in mind This will cause your phone to lose network connection and be pretty sluggish until it is done restarting.
    lephilwld likes this.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    LOVE this app! I've used it for a while now!!!
    Can't imagine patching without it! Never knew what Rescan did until now. Thanks again!
    Thank you!

I will go back through the myriad of other threads and posts on Luna Manager and redirect them here.

I for one never knew what Rescan was. I could have used that!

- Craig
    I closed two Luna Manager Threads started by users and refereed them to this "official" thread. I also found 14 threads that included conversation about Luna Manager in the past week and put links that they could find Luna manager information here.

I put this note in those threads:

For those not sure how to do a quick Luna Restart or Java Restart or what Luna Manger is, there is now an official Luna Manager Thread.

Thanks, Oil!

- Craig
    Question: why do we need the luna manager, I dont use it yet everytime I install a patch it asks me to restart luna, I obviously accept and everything is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheff121 View Post
    Question: why do we need the luna manager, I dont use it yet everytime I install a patch it asks me to restart luna, I obviously accept and everything is good.
    See post 1 // usage
    thanks, def faster than rebooting the phone
    I used to install via Preware .... but the Preware install is currently not available (pending fix for 1.3.5).

Thus, Where can I get Luna Manager install (either stand-aone installer or WebOS Quick Install compatible)?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by treocentral2004 View Post
    I used to install via Preware .... but the Preware install is currently not available (pending fix for 1.3.5).

Thus, Where can I get Luna Manager install (either stand-aone installer or WebOS Quick Install compatible)?

Thanks
    I installed it via preware yesterday on 1.3.5. Seems to work fine...?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treocentral2004 View Post

Thanks
    Preware works perfectly fine on 1.3.5 (and 1.3.5.1)

But you can install it with quick install by selecting it in the webos-internals feed from the download button.

Don't forget to install the package manager service as well (Luna Manager uses it)
    Whenever my phone starts to act sluggish or buggy I simply do a Luna Restart and I'm good to go. It's so handy and simple, I love this app. Thanks guys!
    This is on my top 3 apps for the Pre. It is a simple must have. Very good work on this.
    The Rescan and Restart Luna buttons work but Restart Java doesn't do anything. I removed and re-installed this and the Package Manager together. What's the secret?
    Visor->650->Pre
    anybody else having problems with luna manager hanging on rescan since the 1.4 update? If I tap the button again, that usually gets rid of the spinner, but if not, it will spin forever.
    Rescan hangs in Luna Manager but my big problem is:
    When I followed suggestion reg. battery life in 1.4 and turned off and cleared backup, I am UNABLE to restart backup it hangs after I switch to backup on I even left it in this state over night thinking it might take a long time. Please send any ideas short of resetting and losing tasks and contacts.
    Is Luna Manager broken as of 1.4 or is it just me and a couple other dudes? I, too, only get a spinner for rescan (and a second tap makes it go away) whereas Java Restart errors out.

FJKB, you should definitely try to manually backup your contacts and stuff. Search the forums, there's ways to back most everything up using webOS QI. That doesn't really help you with your problem but you'll thank me if something happens to your phone now that you can't use profile backup...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Is Luna Manager broken as of 1.4 or is it just me and a couple other dudes? I, too, only get a spinner for rescan (and a second tap makes it go away) whereas Java Restart errors out.

FJKB, you should definitely try to manually backup your contacts and stuff. Search the forums, there's ways to back most everything up using webOS QI. That doesn't really help you with your problem but you'll thank me if something happens to your phone now that you can't use profile backup...
    It is now integrated into Preware
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I don't want to wait two minutes for Preware to update and install a number of huge feeds from the internet, much less if I'm not at home and have to use my 3G connection, if all I want to do is a quick luna restart. We do luna restarts because they're quicker than a "full" restart. Having to load Preware first doesn't make any sense.

It's great that Preware has the functionality built in so you can do a luna restart directly from there after installing some patches, but there should be a quick, standalone Luna Manager app that you can use at any time. Don't you agree?
    I moved away from Luna Manager in favor of Jason Robitaille's Advanced Reset Options patch a long time ago...and I'm very happy I made the move. It makes life a lot easier in my opinion.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2143182
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast