Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I don't want to wait two minutes for Preware to update and install a number of huge feeds from the internet, much less if I'm not at home and have to use my 3G connection, if all I want to do is a quick luna restart. We do luna restarts because they're quicker than a "full" restart. Having to load Preware first doesn't make any sense.

It's great that Preware has the functionality built in so you can do a luna restart directly from there after installing some patches, but there should be a quick, standalone Luna Manager app that you can use at any time. Don't you agree?
    Just open Preware, go into the menu, go into Luna Manager, and hit restart. You don't have to wait for it to load.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    ^ OK, that's pretty cool. I did not realize you can access it while it's loading the feeds. But haven't I heard that you shouldn't shut off Preware while it's loading feeds? Did my mind just make that up, or was that an issue in some old, deprecated Preware version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I moved away from Luna Manager in favor of Jason Robitaille's Advanced Reset Options patch a long time ago...and I'm very happy I made the move. It makes life a lot easier in my opinion.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2143182
    This patch probably rocks hard but sadly doesn't work on non-english devices. Or didn't when it first came out.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've lost the ability to access the menu (upper left corner) in Luna Manager. Deleted the app & reinstalled it. Still can't access the menu.

Any suggestions?

[Sprint Palm Pre, 1.4)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    I've lost the ability to access the menu (upper left corner) in Luna Manager. Deleted the app & reinstalled it. Still can't access the menu.

Any suggestions?

[Sprint Palm Pre, 1.4)
    Not that I really remember trying to access this menu in the past, but thought I'd check it out after I read your post. I can't access it either...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    thanks! i hear thisll fix the tmc error i get whenever i try to play games
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post

Any suggestions?

[Sprint Palm Pre, 1.4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Not that I really remember trying to access this menu in the past, but thought I'd check it out after I read your post. I can't access it either...
    There is no appmenu in luna manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    There is no appmenu in luna manager.
    Thanks, Oil. I knew I hadn't ever accessed it...d'oh!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I have not been able to Restart Java even after doctoring twice. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Is it possible I would still have a corrupt file even after doctoring twice? (Restart Luna works. )
    i have had a problem updating the Luna Manager app. It (Preware) keeps saying that in order for it to work i have to update package installer, but didn't the latest update to Preware change it so you don't have 2 separate programs for Preware and Package Installer?
    As Rod noted in another post, uninstall Luna Manager, Update Feeds in Preware and re-install Luna Manager. This fixed the same issued I had. Thank Rod for this info, I'm just passing it along.
  11. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    As Rod noted in another post, uninstall Luna Manager, Update Feeds in Preware and re-install Luna Manager. This fixed the same issued I had. Thank Rod for this info, I'm just passing it along.
    Thanks for the heads up. Had the same problem today and this way solved it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12