1.    #1  
    Hello,

I installed the optware packages on my Pre using these steps: Next steps - WebOS Internals

How can I now uninstall all of this? Because of these changes, I am unable to do a "Full Erase" on my phone. I even tried to doctor it and it fails.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by majestiq View Post
    Hello,

I installed the optware packages on my Pre using these steps: Next steps - WebOS Internals

How can I now uninstall all of this? Because of these changes, I am unable to do a "Full Erase" on my phone. I even tried to doctor it and it fails.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Nothing on the webos-internals site can stop a webOS Doctor from restoring a phone to factory pristine state.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am trying to remove all WebOS Internals packages, including Preware and Optware. I'm using WebOS QuickInstall. However, the Optware Advanced Linux Commandline package won't uninstall. I get an error about /opt/bin and other subdirectories of /opt not existing so they can't be removed. And it's true; they're not there.

Yet QuickInstall still thinks that the Linux Commandline package is on the phone. How do I get rid of it, short of using WebOS Doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreykey View Post
    I am trying to remove all WebOS Internals packages, including Preware and Optware. I'm using WebOS QuickInstall. However, the Optware Advanced Linux Commandline package won't uninstall. I get an error about /opt/bin and other subdirectories of /opt not existing so they can't be removed. And it's true; they're not there.

Yet QuickInstall still thinks that the Linux Commandline package is on the phone. How do I get rid of it, short of using WebOS Doctor?
    If you had used Preware to remove the packages, it would have ensured that you removed them in the required reverse dependency order.

Now you have a problem, because you used WebOS Quick Install which does not honour the package dependencies encoded in the package metadata.

You will need to ask Jason how to resolve this (and at the same time ask him why he still has not added this required safety dependency support in the last 5 or more versions since I first highlighted the problem, yet has added many other features instead).

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. I'll contact Jason. I'm hoping that there is a file somewhere that I can delete so that QuickInstall and Preware don't think that the Optware Advanced Linux Commandline package is installed.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreykey View Post
    Thanks Rod. I'll contact Jason. I'm hoping that there is a file somewhere that I can delete so that QuickInstall and Preware don't think that the Optware Advanced Linux Commandline package is installed.

Jeff
    At this point you'll need to get Linux command line access and come to the #webos-internals IRC channel for help.

Or just backup all your data and visit the webOS Doctor to get a pristine phone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals