Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by usethepre View Post
    new to preware, do I have to leave it on developer mode the entire time using it? and can you link me to webos updates and what to do with preware? thank you
    Instead, I can point you to the first post in this thread which has a pointer to the wiki page which answers your questions.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by 01069887 View Post
    I'm really hoping you can help me. I have installed Preware and Package Manager in the past but had to do a partial erase and I reinstalled them but cant get preware to run. It keeps telling me Package manager might not be installed and asks if I forgot to install it. I've been installing and uninstalling for 2 straight days. I used to love my pre but without the patches its pretty much a paper weight to me. Please help if you have time. I'm not sure how to get replies on here so my email addy is brett.martin2@gmail.com I'm sure I'll get all kinds of spam for posting it but if it gets fixed it will be worth it. Oh ya.... I already hit the thank you button. :-)
    If you're using WebOS Quick Install 2.96 or later, you only need to reinstall the Package Manager Service once.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm trying to install QI from my 64-bit Ubuntu computer. I try the "force architecture" flags some mention, but it's not working for some reason. Can anyone help me??

Code:
    xx@xx:~/Desktop$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture palm-novacom_1.0.46_i386.deb
    dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
     package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
    (Reading database ... 242407 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace palm-novacom 1.0.46 (using palm-novacom_1.0.46_i386.deb) ...
    stop: Unknown job: palm-novacomd
    Unpacking replacement palm-novacom ...
    Setting up palm-novacom (1.0.46) ...
    stop: Unknown job: palm-novacomd
    start: Unknown job: palm-novacomd
    Hey, I'm new to the Pre world. I'm looking to add the various patches available for a more customized fit. I've been reading the posts and wondering if this can all be done without the use of a PC? Am I understanding that correctly?
    Once you have Preware on the device (which requires a USB connection to bootstrap) you no longer need a PC to install applications, themes and patches using Preware.

-- Rod
    Great job as always guys. Just a question about saving patches. I am waiting for a replacement phone as the slider is bad and have a cracked screen. When I get the new phone from sprint today,what do I need to do,start over or run EPR before I switch phones?
    Im a dummy when it comes to this stuff,so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Rick
    Hey... on WEB OS QUICK INSTALL...I go to web os feed all... but I don't have Preware neither package manager service...can somebody help me? Thanks!!
    All blogs and forum threads about how to install Preware are obsolete.

Always go to http://install.preware.org for the true installation instructions.

-- Rod
    Ok, went through the LONG process of installing the WebOSQuickStall. Got to the point where I click the arrow and it says that it couldn't detect my device. It keeps asking me for the Novacom disk?

What did I do wrong?
    Sounds like Novacom didn't install. Was OS are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by nikita29 View Post
    Hey... on WEB OS QUICK INSTALL...I go to web os feed all... but I don't have Preware neither package manager service...can somebody help me? Thanks!!
    I'm having this problem also. I had to get a replacement phone and need to reinstall my preware, but preware and package manager service are not available?? Help please...
    Quote Originally Posted by shawhoops View Post
    I'm having this problem also. I had to get a replacement phone and need to reinstall my preware, but preware and package manager service are not available?? Help please...
    Package manager service is not necessary for the new preware (version 1.0 and up) make sure you are up to date with quickinstall
    All blogs and forum posts about how to install Preware are obsolete.

http://install.preware.org/ is the canonical location for Preware installation instructions. All places should just link to there, not copy information elsewhere so it can become stale over time.

-- Rod
    I've gone through all the steps to install 2 different apps and they appear to have installed based on the WebOSQuickInstal dialogs etc. but they don't appear in the launcher. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariejomcfarland View Post
    I've gone through all the steps to install 2 different apps and they appear to have installed based on the WebOSQuickInstal dialogs etc. but they don't appear in the launcher. What am I doing wrong?
    Your post does not contain enough information to help you. Installed on what? What OS version is your device running? What did you attempt to install using WebOS Quick Install? What happened after you attempted to install the app? Luna restart?

Some basic information will help others help you.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    sorry i was kinda vague. my palm pre is on WebOS 1.1.2, I installed/or tried to install 2 homebrew apps; 'email companion pro' and 'my notification'.

How I installed them:I added them to the files to install list on WebOSQuickInstall, by clicking the green plus button, when both were displayed in the list. I clicked install, A 'Please wait...' box came up saying: "Installing: com.palm_.emailcompanionpro..." then the box disapeared along with the contents of the files to install list. no other notifications apeared. Should it say download complete or anything?

when I go to device management on WebOSQuickInstall, it lists them under user installed content.
    Thanks for your help
    You need to update WebOS... You are very far behind. Run the Update app; It should be on the last Launcher page.
    thanks, I just did that and it says my device is up to date??? surely thats wrong?
    "Your phone is up to date"
    Quote Originally Posted by mariejomcfarland View Post
    thanks, I just did that and it says my device is up to date??? surely thats wrong?
    The latest version is 1.4.1.x (depending on carrier). Hmm....
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast