Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    next time try the webos repair utility if you did not last time. oh and when someone helps you hit the thanks button to the right for them so others know who they can ask for help. thanks have a great night!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sorry went back and got all your thanks buttons. You have a good night!!
    kool man have a good night and if you ever need any help just ask and i will help any way i can!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I've had Preware installed (version .9.12) for a few weeks now and have installed just a handful of apps. However, when I fired up Preware this morning it caused webos to grind to a halt, throwing "too many cards" errors (Preware was the only app open at the time) and eventually would reboot itself. I was able to repeat this behavior multiple times.

So... after a fresh reboot I hooked my Pre up to Novaterm to poke around the filesystem. Interestingly, I discovered that /var was 100% full. Since I don't have that many apps installed, it seemed unlikely that I had hit my app storage limit. (in fact, /var/usr/palm/applications was only 31 MB in size) However, after some digging I discovered that /var/usr/lib/ipkg/lists was around 192MB. This seemed a little big, so I took a look at the files in that directory. "precentral" is 190MB in size. I'm assuming that's the problem?

I'm assuming these files are the "feeds" that Preware uses, so now for the obvious questions:

1. How did it get that big?
    2. How do I fix it?

Can I just delete that precentral file? Since I can't even get Preware to launch without bringing webos to its knees, I need to do something from the linux command line. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Craig, I really appreciate your guide to Preware. I have had my new Pre for only 2 days but already easily installed Preware due to your straightforward step-by-step guide. Thanks again!
    Noob here, and hope this isn't a stupid question. I'm aware you have to remove patches and themes before any WebOS updates, but do you need to remove Preware itself?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorakkaroz View Post
    Noob here, and hope this isn't a stupid question. I'm aware you have to remove patches and themes before any WebOS updates, but do you need to remove Preware itself?

Thanks.
    Nah - it's essentially a homebrew app. And homebrew apps aren't affected (thus far) by webOS updates.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Been getting ONFEED ERROR when i attempt to start my preware. Says TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined...........anyone else getting or better yet WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?????
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    Been getting ONFEED ERROR when i attempt to start my preware. Says TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined...........anyone else getting or better yet WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?????
    Try this:

If you have PreLoad, go there and re-load Preware, then reboot your phone. Now try it. Your mileage may vary.

bj
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    THANKS!!!!!!!!! just deleted and reinstalled was quick install if that dosen't work i'll try ur way.......and thanks again
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Ok have the preload...how do i download from it tho????? I know...I'm not all that technical
    Ok have the preload...how do i download from it tho????? I know...I'm not all that technical
    just download it from quick installer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    look to the right in web os QI and the third button down (looks like a hard drive kinda lol) then go to the webos internals feed (all) and put a check on preware . then hit close and install wow all done !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Tried my quick installer and the message continue to come up whenever i tried to start the preware......gonna try again i guess
    first try rebooting both the computer then the phone and try again sometimes they mess up like that . if that dont work throw away that quick installer and redownload it and try it again. and if it does not work again please upload the error your getting so we might be able to help out more
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Update: Shortly after posting my problem above, my Pre started acting wacky. Cycling between airplane mode and non-airplane mode spontaneously. Finally, it rebooted itself, but upon rebooting it brought up the new-device activation screen as if the memory had been wiped. I couldn't even make it through the activation process due to erratic behavior, so I decided to play it safe and WebOS Doctor it. Since running WebOS Doctor on it this morning (8 hours ago) it's been running perfectly.

I really miss the functionality of PreWare, but after what just happened to me I'm pretty gun-shy about trying it again. If any of the webos-internals guys have any ideas please let me know. Maybe this was just a freak isolated incident? Thanks,
    Last edited by Minsc; 12/01/2009 at 09:51 PM.
    This (reboot - to the new-device activation screen) happened to me after enabling the CPU Scaling tweaks. After that I never played with the CPU scaling or Speed changes again and the phone was reliable.

It was not Preware, for me, but the changes to the CPU speed settings.

I have been using Preware without any problem, just choose your tweaks carefully.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    for some reason in preware on my phone package updates is grey out anyone else seeing this
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    for some reason in preware on my phone package updates is grey out anyone else seeing this
    Checked earlier , mine is working.

Just checked again , two updates avail for me , Terminal and iUS
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I have 4 updates on my Preware and Terminal is one of them. It say's Terminal 0.2.3 updated for the transition to webOS 1.3.5 !