Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Try the Getting Help section in the Opening Post. In particular, try the WebOS Quick Install.

- Craig
    Wow, so sorry! I really had thought I went through the whole front page. Guess not! Thanks!
    I love my pre. I really do. I have had so much fun in the last week in just trying out new themes, that it is like a toy that I can use functionally in my daily activities.

I hope the moderators keep this info on top!

<3 smooches,

Butter :-)
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mellibutter View Post
    I love my pre. I really do. I have had so much fun in the last week in just trying out new themes, that it is like a toy that I can use functionally in my daily activities.

I hope the moderators keep this info on top!

<3 smooches,

Butter :-)
    Only 3 smooches? LOL
    Thanks Milominderbinder for all you do. Wolfie
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Timothy, there are the best Preware Installer instructions I have seen.
    Thanks Craig. I guess I have an aversion of installing one program just to install another. And I really like the way Preware works over the air, b/c Pre users do not and should not need to connect to a computer to get updates (... unlike iP----).

You already had the latest Java downloaded and installed or this would not work so installing java step should be one of the first.

Also, you have to install Safari to install the SDK so their need to be a step for that:
    Safari and Java are part of the base Snow Leopard install, so I didn't need to download them. Not sure in Java was a part of earlier releases (e.g. Leopard), so 1d is a good point. But Safari definitely comes with Mac OS X.

Speaking of the download steps, forgot to mention that 1b, and 1c are about 200MB each, so go grab a coffee, and do step 3 while you're waiting, since restarting the Pre can take a few minutes.

You also need Virtualbox for the SDK.

There is one other program that you also need for the SDK but I can't think of it.
    I worked around all of the prerequisites for the SDK by *only* installing the Novacom component. You would indeed need Virtualbox, etc. for the full SDK.

I am saying that I cannot find any way easier than how it is written out right now. WebOS Quick Install is amazing in all that it installs and set sup for you. For a newbie there is no other way that is any where near as easy...

- Craig
    Granted. I poured over this thread, and spent several hours figuring out the steps I wrote above.

It would help much to note in your first post at "Setup" that is *necessary* to join the Precentral forums to view the images inline. When I first read that post [without logging in], none of the images were inline, which made it very hard to follow. Perhaps if I had, I would've gone with WebOS Quick Install as well.

Regards,
    Timothy
    enjoying the apps thanks
    awsomeeeee
    hi,

maybe you can help. I followed all the instructions and got preware on my web fine, but my preware front screen has the following listed,
    package updates (greyed out)
    Available packages
    installed packages
    List of everything

i have no patches, other or themes (although themes is listed under available packages) is this a newer version or is something just going wrong??

thanks in advance
    Take a look at the preferences.

This article should show both values for the show available types preference.

-- Rod
    have looked at that, checked preferences and the webos patches option is on!
    turned them off and on again and it still doesn't come up!!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    @ platinumpea

make sure to update your pre to the most current version. as of today that is 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    very good post am all up and running now

a little tip you might want to add. uk users still select sprint even though your on o2. i just went with it and it worked but might be worth pointing out anyway
    ok so i FINALLY installed preware and let me tell u its a godsent because u dont have to go back through webos quick install to do the basic majority of everything... HOWEVER, i noticed that when installing themes, patches, downloading apps, its not showing how the program described when i dled preware initially. for example, it says that when switching themes to revert back to the stock webos theme, ok, so it says to go back to the theme that u dled(which in the preware forum it says that anything that was dled should show up with the green arrow next to it informing u that its dled), and then select remove so that it reverts back to the stock before installing another. so i went to go back to the theme i dled, and it wasnt there, and it dissapeared off the list since i had dled it. this is also the same with patches, apps, etc. then, i was like ok, no big deal, and went through webos quick install and went to themer, etc, and did that process. now i went back to preware and the themes i had dled r STILL not on the list... am i doing somethin wrong or is there an option in the preference area to show dled apps, patches, etc? any help is great, thx!
    i figured it out sorry for the inconvenience
    welcome to the dark side.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    i open preware and in the package updates there is a update for preware adn package manager servive. Do i want to update them in preware or web os? do i need to do the package manager service first or the preware? Any help would be great!!!
    update it right there in preware its ok now . but after update you have to reboot the phone manually . if you dont the phone gets really buggy and slow.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    do i need to do the package service manager first or does it matter?
    if you do the wrong one first it will do the right one first for you lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ok thanks for the help i had to doctor my phone last time and lost all my contacts. Dont want all that again.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast