Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    Okay so ever since i updated to 1.3.1 i cant use the Themer in Quick install. Anyone got a fix or am i supposed to wait for a Quick Install update? I know that the theme worked on the last version but now i get Error 9 and 15 and all that. SOMEONE HELP ME!
  2. #2  
    I've been using Preware for applying themes... it still seems to be working after the 1.3.1 update.
  3. #3  
    just go to preware and list everything and you can get your theme
  4. #4  
    I have been able to apply themes back on post 1.3.1, but i have found that some of my favorite themes are a little tweaked in some areas.

    Original Blue Theme: Everything works well, but when making/recieving a call, the backround color turns back into the default green screen(only happens to saved contacts). Also, the contacts picture is sized differently(bigger picture or zoomed in i believe) once the call is connected.

    Neon Green Theme: Same Default green screen color issue when making/recieving call.

    This is all ive noticed so far since these are the two i use most.

    Anybody else notice anymore?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    I have been able to apply themes back on post 1.3.1, but i have found that some of my favorite themes are a little tweaked in some areas.

    Original Blue Theme: Everything works well, but when making/recieving a call, the backround color turns back into the default green screen(only happens to saved contacts). Also, the contacts picture is sized differently(bigger picture or zoomed in i believe) once the call is connected.

    Neon Green Theme: Same Default green screen color issue when making/recieving call.

    This is all ive noticed so far since these are the two i use most.

    Anybody else notice anymore?
    I use the orginial blue theme, I haven't noticed what you're seeing. When I tried installing with WOSQI post 1.3.1 it gave me a few errors so I used preware to install it. No problems now.
  6. #6  
    So far I'm catching errors in webosqi as well..... 2 different themes, thought it was me being frustrated last night, same problem again today
  7. Glenuendo's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #7  
    I have been trying to use the themes on Preware but it gets hung up. Any ideas?
  8. #8  
    So from what I have it broken down to is regardless of the themes I tried I was getting errors installing with WEBOSQI.

    So at the point I realized it wasn't gonna work I got tired of hitting OK to the errors so I killed the program, "reset" to original theme (only thing I could find was the background image had installed), anyways that put the background to original. WEBOSQI and Preware were both still seeing a theme installed, but couldn't remove it (guessing cuz there was nothing there). So I used WEBOSQI to manually remove (delete) the WEBOSQI directory on the palm so that now both WEBOSQI and Preware showed the phone at default theme. At that point I used preware to install the theme, no error and all seams well to this point. As always YMMV.
  9. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have installed my themes using QI without any issues. This was before and after webdoc and applying the update a second time. I have however, noticed the same green background as mentioned. Might be something new that Palm did to themes. I'll keep a look out though so I can update my themes if needed.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenuendo View Post
    I have been trying to use the themes on Preware but it gets hung up. Any ideas?

    Are you getting the ipkg error? If so what does it say when you view the error?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I have installed my themes using QI without any issues. This was before and after webdoc and applying the update a second time. I have however, noticed the same green background as mentioned. Might be something new that Palm did to themes. I'll keep a look out though so I can update my themes if needed.
    Are you installing from with zip?
  12. Glenuendo's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you getting the ipkg error? If so what does it say when you view the error?
    It doesn't give me an error. I just select "Theme" then next "All". The is does nothing. Just hangs up there.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    I use the orginial blue theme, I haven't noticed what you're seeing. When I tried installing with WOSQI post 1.3.1 it gave me a few errors so I used preware to install it. No problems now.
    Thats weird as its happening with two different themes, same issue, and i also installed it through preware. Well, i suppose each case is different depending on current patch usage. Ive also reapplied the themes, but no luck. I am still satisfied with the number of patches that do work for 1.3.1.

    I am sure something as simple as themes will be fixed in a few days, for those of us who are noticing these minor bugs.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenuendo View Post
    It doesn't give me an error. I just select "Theme" then next "All". The is does nothing. Just hangs up there.
    Might need to just give it some time, I'm running on my wifi and it takes a few seconds to load the themes.

    I would suggest selecting "feeds" then selecting "prethemer" instead of going straight to the themes, I was having hangups trying to load all 700 selecting "themes".
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    Thats weird as its happening with two different themes, same issue, and i also installed it through preware. Well, i suppose each case is different depending on current patch usage. Ive also reapplied the themes, but no luck. I am still satisfied with the number of patches that do work for 1.3.1.

    I am sure something as simple as themes will be fixed in a few days, for those of us who are noticing these minor bugs.
    Your issues are specific to a few changes in the phone app, that has created a few new images than were in the previous phone app.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Your issues are specific to a few changes in the phone app, that has created a few new images than were in the previous phone app.
    If thats the case, how did Bodgingbrom get his to work??


    anyways, ill just use the theme for now, and wait for an update to it.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    If thats the case, how did Bodgingbrom get his to work??


    anyways, ill just use the theme for now, and wait for an update to it.
    I think the key is that he said "he hasn't noticed it." I have seen a few people mention differences when it comes to the pictures in the phone app, I also noticed it when I spoke to my wife a lil while ago (using the Audi R8 theme and my wife is the only one with a picture setup currently on my phone).

    From the prethemer web site and a few different posts around here there were some image changes with the 1.3.1 update and the phone.
  18. #18  
    Not sure if it was mentioned before, but I had this error also. What I did is go to list everything and it was fine. But if I went directly to theme it was a no go.
  19. #19  
    I just did some tests and it seems I do have the same green image. For some reason I hadn't noticed it (as OldSkool said). My apologies danman!
  20.    #20  
    Ill try Preware and see what happens... thanks?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions