Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Might need to just give it some time, I'm running on my wifi and it takes a few seconds to load the themes.

I would suggest selecting "feeds" then selecting "prethemer" instead of going straight to the themes, I was having hangups trying to load all 700 selecting "themes".
    I tried that and have been waiting over 10 minutes now.
    try preware, but make sure when you check themer in webosqi that it shows you as being on the default theme. If it doesn't you can still try it but I suspect preware will give you the same issue it gave me
    preware dosent work for themes it keeps frezzeing on me?! any idea why
    and then the phone works hella slow !?
    Danman, apparently it's only when a contact with a picture assigned calls/is called. That's why I didn't notice it before, I only have one contact with a picture. Test it on yours maybe?
    You know I just checked Preware and tried to install a theme. When I go to it and click on it, and I click show "all" it just stays frozen and I can't get to any of the themes.

Hmmm.....strange indeed, I loaded Patches and Hombrew apps without a problem, but the Themes option isn't working..
    Preware always freezes up on me when I try to load up the themes. Themes wont work through the quick install either. I just get errors the whole time while trying to put it on my phone.
    Same here.
    Everything else works, Themes (whether clicking on all themes or themes) hangs.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jandar View Post
    Same here.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    I just did some tests and it seems I do have the same green image. For some reason I hadn't noticed it (as OldSkool said). My apologies danman!

No Worries.

And indeed it is only happening when a saved contact with a picture calls.
    For all that haven't heard about the themes tab freezing, go to "List Everything" and grab your themes from there. They are working on the preware themes list problem at the moment.
    WebOS Internals (webosinternals) on Twitter
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I can Use Themes on preware from precentral but I cant get any of the other ones from the other sites, it says "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" and in the log it says it cant create the directory... Any Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    I have been able to apply themes back on post 1.3.1, but i have found that some of my favorite themes are a little tweaked in some areas.

Original Blue Theme: Everything works well, but when making/recieving a call, the backround color turns back into the default green screen(only happens to saved contacts). Also, the contacts picture is sized differently(bigger picture or zoomed in i believe) once the call is connected.

Neon Green Theme: Same Default green screen color issue when making/recieving call.

This is all ive noticed so far since these are the two i use most.

Anybody else notice anymore?

I noticed the same issue of making /recieving a call the background turns back into default. I am looking for suggestions on how to fix this. Anyone??
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    For all that haven't heard about the themes tab freezing, go to "List Everything" and grab your themes from there. They are working on the preware themes list problem at the moment.
    WebOS Internals (webosinternals) on Twitter
    Will you look at that, I clicked on List Everything, and the themes showed up.

I think I will hold off on themeing for now, read some posts about themes now showing up properly and stuff. I'll give it a couple of days just to be on the safe side
    Quote Originally Posted by jandar View Post
    Same here.
    I had to go to streams and only click on one stream or the other. Then it worked. But it's still annoying that themes aren't working through QI. Does anyone know if it's a compatibility issue with 1.3.1 or if it's a problem with QI itself?
    After the update I was able to reinstall the Charlie Brown theme, but it made my phone very laggy. Programs took forever to open and everything just ran noticeably slower. I uninstalled and I could once again see all the benefits of the updates. So I took a shot and reinstalled the theme, and sure enough, everything came to a crashing halt. I uninstalled it again, and the phone is speedy once again. Typical Charlie Brown-like luck.
    I'm also having the issue of the "Themes" area locking up.

I am also getting an error every time I go to "List Everything" and find a theme and try to install it. It goes through everything and then gives me an ".ipk" error or something like that.

Any ideas or suggestions??
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbys22 View Post
    After the update I was able to reinstall the Charlie Brown theme, but it made my phone very laggy. Programs took forever to open and everything just ran noticeably slower. I uninstalled and I could once again see all the benefits of the updates. So I took a shot and reinstalled the theme, and sure enough, everything came to a crashing halt. I uninstalled it again, and the phone is speedy once again. Typical Charlie Brown-like luck.
    damn...
    second time i've heard of this issue, from the same poster...
    whats the deal guy?
    its been downloaded over 1000 times, you are the only one that i've found that has made such a complaint, are you sure it isn't being caused by something else?

check it out people and let me know...

EDIT: oh and thanks for your interest in the first place robbys22, other than your one of a kind,(to my knowledge), lag issue, what did you think of the theme?
    Last edited by toofless; 11/19/2009 at 11:12 AM.
    Toofless - First I hope you're not taking offense. I absolutely love your theme...by far my favorite out there. Hence my frustration.

Like suggested, prior to the 1.3.1 update, I removed all patches and themes then did the update. At the end of the update I reinstalled the Charlie Brown theme along with the same patches I had prior. My phone became laggy and and had battery issues (hence discovered to be a Yahoo issue and NOT related to your theme). I decided to systematically uninstall your theme and then patches one by one. When I removed the theme, the phone instantly became snappy once again.

I restarted and once again reinstalled your theme and the phone immediately became unresponsive. Uninstalled it and...ta-da...it snapped back to life.

Now, I'm aware that your theme has been installed over a thousand times and it should be, it's so well done. I'm personally having problems with not only your theme, but any other theme installation. I apologize if it seemed by naming your theme, I singled you out; that was not my intent. I just know that the more specific the details in the forums, the better the responses in terms of finding a solutin.

Let me make this perfectly clear. I want to be able to use themes on my phone, and specifically your Charlie Brown theme. However, at this point, the performance issues make it unfeasible. My goal in posting here in the first place was to find a fix so I CAN use your theme.

I may be the only one experiencing this problem, but I'm experiencing it nonetheless, and am just seeking assistance in figuring it out.
    I upgraded my phone to 1.31 webOS, and it deleted my theme, and keeps saying I still have a theme on my phone after I try to get a new one! plz help!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbys22 View Post
    Toofless - First I hope you're not taking offense. I absolutely love your theme...by far my favorite out there. Hence my frustration.

Like suggested, prior to the 1.3.1 update, I removed all patches and themes then did the update. At the end of the update I reinstalled the Charlie Brown theme along with the same patches I had prior. My phone became laggy and and had battery issues (hence discovered to be a Yahoo issue and NOT related to your theme). I decided to systematically uninstall your theme and then patches one by one. When I removed the theme, the phone instantly became snappy once again.

I restarted and once again reinstalled your theme and the phone immediately became unresponsive. Uninstalled it and...ta-da...it snapped back to life.

Now, I'm aware that your theme has been installed over a thousand times and it should be, it's so well done. I'm personally having problems with not only your theme, but any other theme installation. I apologize if it seemed by naming your theme, I singled you out; that was not my intent. I just know that the more specific the details in the forums, the better the responses in terms of finding a solutin.

Let me make this perfectly clear. I want to be able to use themes on my phone, and specifically your Charlie Brown theme. However, at this point, the performance issues make it unfeasible. My goal in posting here in the first place was to find a fix so I CAN use your theme.

I may be the only one experiencing this problem, but I'm experiencing it nonetheless, and am just seeking assistance in figuring it out.

ok. i appreciate you clearing that up.
    i wish i could help with your issue, but like i said this is the first i've heard of a theme causing lag issues... if i come across anything, i'll post it here...

...peace
    Last edited by toofless; 11/20/2009 at 02:44 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12