Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  

wIRC:
    A native webOS IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client. In its current form, its a PDK/SDK hybrid. With a JavaScript/Mojo front-end GUI, and a Plugin on the back-end, written in C, doing the heavy lifting.

Information:
    For a complete change log, bug lists, feature requests, and all other information pertaining to wIRC, Please visit the webos-internals wIRC wiki page: Application:wIRC. The wiki will ALWAYS have the most up-to-date information on wIRC.

We are always hanging out in #wirc on freenode if you wish to come say hi or get some help or be told to RTFM.

Installation:
    wIRC is currently only in the WebOS Internals feeds, and can be installed with preware, quick install, or palm-install.

IRC Usage:
    This thread is not here to help you use IRC. Its purpose is for support of the client. There is tons of information already on the internet about how to use it, and rehashing all of it every time someone doesn't know how to join a channel is a waste of our time. Try a google search, it will help you, really.

Developers: (listed alphabetically)
    • Brandon VanBelle (oil)
    • Eric Gaudet (emoney_33)
    • Ryan Hope (PuffTheMagic)

Licensing Conditions:
    wIRC is licensed under the GPLv2. They cannot be used by a closed source application. If you want to use them in a non-GPLv2 but otherwise open source application, please contact the authors.
    Last edited by oil; 01/03/2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Tiberius and notcalvin like this.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Good work guys will be grabbing and testing this right away
    what's the URL or ip address to log into the #webos-internals?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    what's the URL or ip address to log into the #webos-internals?
    irc.freenode.net
    Already see some major improvements from the early two alphas, thanks.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Awesome. How's this handle the Pre going to sleep? Does it keep it's connection or reconnect?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    where is the files? i cant find them on webos-internals page?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    where is the files? i cant find them on webos-internals page?!!
    As it says in the first post, install wIRC using Preware.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    this is really cool!
    How does one see the list of channel users?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thank you. Just straight up, thank you, any idea if you guys plan on charging for this in the future (months from now or what not)? Once again, Thank you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smonme View Post
    Thank you. Just straight up, thank you, any idea if you guys plan on charging for this in the future (months from now or what not)? Once again, Thank you...
    It's from WebOS Internals developers (Brandon, Eric and Ryan) and is released under a GNU Public License.

Whilst I wouldn't presume to speak on their behalf, I don't think charging for wIRC is in the plans

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    works perfect for me s far.

anyone thinking of creating an active precentral irc chat??

if yes, post the address
    ok so I'm new to this could I get some help setting it up correctly?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    open up preware and install 2 of the wirc files..
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As it says in the first post, install wIRC using Preware.

-- Rod
    opss thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    this is really cool!
    How does one see the list of channel users?
    In the upper right hand corner of the channel card there is a count of users in the channel. Click on that and it will open a card that shows all users.

Oh, and, excellent work. I was following Greg_Roll's work integrating IRC into the Messaging Plugins, but I really think it works better as a stand alone app.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Works very nice!

This is gonna be a battery-killer!

One feature I don't see...and miss from mIRC is the "Popups"...the ability to setup pre-defined phrases...answers to questions or whatever...and then just activate them. It's great if you're constantly bonbarded with the same or similar questions.

Also, there seems to be a minor scroll glitch. After I've gotten a full card of chat text, when someone says something to me, it doesn't always scroll up to show the newest text. Seems to happen most when the person says something and I'm viewing a different card.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hey, is wIRC by any chance working on webOS 1.1.3?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Awesome. How's this handle the Pre going to sleep? Does it keep it's connection or reconnect?
    When I've been using it during development, there was no disconnects/reconnects. It stays connected in your pocket, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smonme View Post
    No plans to charge for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    One feature I don't see...and miss from mIRC is the "Popups"...the ability to setup pre-defined phrases...answers to questions or whatever...and then just activate them. It's great if you're constantly bonbarded with the same or similar questions.
    Thats a good idea, maybe we'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Also, there seems to be a minor scroll glitch. After I've gotten a full card of chat text, when someone says something to me, it doesn't always scroll up to show the newest text. Seems to happen most when the person says something and I'm viewing a different card.
    Are you sure you're scrolled to the bottom? It stops auto-scrolling if you flick down to view backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzi View Post
    hey, is wIRC by any chance working on webOS 1.1.3?
    I don't see why not.
    Yay. A godsend.

So far - so good.

Gonna test it out the next few days. Easy things so far work on my 1.1.3 GSM Pre.

Thx to the devs
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast