Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #121  
    I looked into the \ problem, its an escaping problem in the service.

But again, I don't work on the service, only the app, so it will have to wait for one of them to get off their *** and fix it
  2.    #122  
    So I just pushed v0.1.0 app and service to the feeds.

This includes all changes made over the last 4 months or so.

No, there is still no SSL support in the service.

In fact, the service hasn't changed in the last 5 months, but the current version of the app requires changes that were made back then to the service. So make sure you update both wirc and wircd to v0.1.0.

I'm not going to bother listing all the changes, because there are so many. Just poke around.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    No, there is still no SSL support in the service.
    :-(
    Saw this in the preware feeds just a few minutes ago, got my hopes up for SSL

Anyways keep up the great work guys
  4.    #124  
    Yes, unfortunately, of the original service devs, one has gone MIA, and the other has no time for anything due to school, or some lame excuse like that (though apparently may have time in a week.)

Obviously, if any c programmers out there feel like doing work on the service, let me know.

This release was mainly to get the changes made to the service a while ago out there, so the app can move forward.
    Last edited by oil; 05/12/2010 at 11:35 PM.
    I am going to start a new thread for tracking bugs in 0.1.0. All the bug reports will be listed in the first post so that people dont need to search though a massive thread before reporting.
    if I could create a post
    Woot!

/me dances around the forum

:^P
  9.    #129  
    VincentLaw in #webos-internals was nice enough to compile the git commit log for the last 5 months into a changelog for v0.1.0.

It's posted on the wiki: Changes in 0.1.0
  11. OrR
    The latest wIRC (0.3.0 or according to Preware, 0.2.99.1-4) doesn't work for me. I'm on a German Pre with 1.4.5 but wIRC always displays the "Waiting for the plugin..." picture. Shouldn't it work with 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    The latest wIRC (0.3.0 or according to Preware, 0.2.99.1-4) doesn't work for me. I'm on a German Pre with 1.4.5 but wIRC always displays the "Waiting for the plugin..." picture. Shouldn't it work with 1.4.5?
    1.4.5 has a bug. See Forums webOS • View topic - 1.4.5 Jail Settings and OTA Updates

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. OrR
    Thanks for the quick reply. I fixed it and it works now. Awesome!
  14.    #134  
    Now that webOs v1.4.5 is out for Sprint, we've released wIRC v0.3.0 into the main feed.

Note: wIRC v0.3.0 needs to be able to write to the /media/internal/ usb partition. And if you get webOs v1.4.5 OTA you will need to install the EFF (Emergency Fstab Fixer) package from Preware. You will see "Waiting for plugin" when you start wIRC if you need it.
    Having connection issues when first launching WIRC 0.3.0 after a phone reboot. It will attempt to connect for about 20 seconds then fail (red connection icon). If I press the connect icon a second time it will connect. I've changed the connection timeout to 45s but that didn't fix the issue. Subsequent launches of WIRC work fine.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/17/2010 at 08:38 PM.
    So, this app seemed to pretty consistently crash on me (and bring LunaSysMgr down with it) when I opened it and connected to a server while Sprint Navigation is open.

Anyone else have this, or just me?
    I'm no having the sprint navigation/wIRC crash problem, at least on EVDO. Are you doing it on WiFi? Do you have connection preference selected? Do you have any GPS/WiFi/EVDO related patches installed?

Ping doesn't seem to do anything that I can see, and I have the problems with the op/voice/etc status of various folks on the channel not being correct (the status of people who get op'd by bots doesn't seem to change).
    Nope, no patches. I'll have to try it again some other time, see if it does it again. It did it three times yesterday for me though, but it's of course possible there's some other underlying cause.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Having connection issues when first launching WIRC 0.3.0 after a phone reboot. It will attempt to connect for about 20 seconds then fail (red connection icon). If I press the connect icon a second time it will connect. I've changed the connection timeout to 45s but that didn't fix the issue.
    Is this only with a specific server? Or any server? Any steps to recreate it you can give us will help with finding any bugs. (Be sure to test the steps yourself a couple times to be sure they reproduce the problem.)

Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    Ping doesn't seem to do anything that I can see
    I actually have never tested the ping stuff (thats puffys baby) but I'll test it out and see if I can find anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    I have the problems with the op/voice/etc status of various folks on the channel not being correct (the status of people who get op'd by bots doesn't seem to change).
    I have noticed the op/voice/etc messages were wrong in the channel, and will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So, this app seemed to pretty consistently crash on me (and bring LunaSysMgr down with it) when I opened it and connected to a server while Sprint Navigation is open. [.....] but it's of course possible there's some other underlying cause.
    In 030 there is a couple /nick problems we didn't catch that was causing luna to crash (can't send a plugin request from inside a plugin response handler,) so that may have been what you were seeing at connection if your first nick was taken. It's fixed in the next release.
    Got a question..we used to have a save/restore script that saved cookies and databases, but it appears that wIRC no longer uses databases (right?)... so do I just need to save cookies?
    Also, i noticed a /media/internal/wirc directory, with 2 subdirectories (backlogs and downloads). Should I backup that data in save/restore, or is that not necessary?

thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast