Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Ok, I can't find where to download the program. Could someone direct me please?
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity28501 View Post
    Ok, I can't find where to download the program. Could someone direct me please?
    It's in preware.
    Ok....I have no idea where that is. I'm still a webOS noob =(
    Yeah, great stuff to have an irc client on the WebOS. Great genius at work here, thank you.

Annoying to me is also that undernet doesn't work, would be nice to fix this indeed. No idea, why this is, but when I enter the /Quote pass # I can't connect.

Hope some tech-savy person figures out how to work that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluco View Post
    Yeah, great stuff to have an irc client on the WebOS. Great genius at work here, thank you.

Annoying to me is also that undernet doesn't work, would be nice to fix this indeed. No idea, why this is, but when I enter the /Quote pass # I can't connect.

Hope some tech-savy person figures out how to work that out.

wIRC doesn't understand what to do when it sees the /quote function so it doesn't get sent to the server. A few people on the Wiki have already mentioned this, not sure if it's being worked on though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    wIRC doesn't understand what to do when it sees the /quote function so it doesn't get sent to the server. A few people on the Wiki have already mentioned this, not sure if it's being worked on though.
    I would love it if this were fixed as well.

Otherwise, a great app and I use it a lot.
    >wIRC and wIRCd are licensed under the GPLv2.

Where can we download the source to this? I want to do some poking around; the architecture of wirc seems very well suited to implementing a MUD client, which is something I'm considering doing.

It would be neat to work from your framework and not reinvent the wheel. But I can't find a download link for the source code anywhere.
    any chance on adding timestamps?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Where can we download the source to this?
    The front-end mojo app: git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/wIRC.git/summary
    The background c service: git.webos-internals.org Git - services/wIRCd.git/summary

Quote Originally Posted by nytemyst View Post
    any chance on adding timestamps?
    There is certainly a chance...
    Can someone help me? I want to get to Sprintusers IRC chat but don't know how. I must be doing something wrong

#sprintusers
    Port: 7776
    irc.blitzed.org

Any idea where I put these?
  11. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    need some help, i have installed wirc from preware, but wircd is nowhere to be found. Ise there a command i can type into terminal to install the wircd service?

Edit:

Nevermind, i apparently already had it installed and i didn;t know it
  12. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    This is a fantastic app but I don't see any option to save my favourite channels?! Please add this feature in the next update. Thanks
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    I'd just like to say a huge thank you to all the developers that worked on the wIRC project. It's easily my #2 most used application, and I'm so incredibly grateful for all your hard work developing this. The client is fully featured and everything is implemented beautifully. Here's hoping for continued support and development and a bright future for wIRC!
    I'm not sure if i'm still suffering from busted pixi, but i was unable to find this in preware, even went to "show everything" and searched, no go. I did install the front end apparently with quick install but am missing the wircd. is there anyway i can manually get this file and install it? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    I'm not sure if i'm still suffering from busted pixi, but i was unable to find this in preware, even went to "show everything" and searched, no go. I did install the front end apparently with quick install but am missing the wircd. is there anyway i can manually get this file and install it? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure if it's been compiled for the Pixi yet or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been compiled for the Pixi yet or not.
    It should work on the Pixi, but I don't have one personally to test it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi, first time poster, long time IRC addict here.

No Pre yet but I was playing around with wIRC in the emulator and was wondering a couple of things.

What's the timeframe of supporting SSL? I can't connect to my bouncer without it and I'd really not like to disable SSL just to use one app.

Also, now that the PDK has been released (or at least announced) does this mean that a version of this could make it into Palm's app store in the future?

I do really like the app so far, in fact it is one of the things that is making me want to get the Pre Plus over a Nexus One as the IRC clients for Android well, suck horribly.

Cheers!
    search the forums for preware - it is an app that installs 99% of the homebrew stuff for you - very very nice app.
    I hate bumping up such an old thread, but I was wondering if you guys have thought about supporting the command:

/authserv auth <username> <password>

I use this to validate my account in order to join a few channels and would really appreciate it if you guys got this to work.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I love this app. but I agree with the post a couple of posts back SSL support would rock. Thanks for all the hard work put into this
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast