Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    So 0.0.4 is near.... any last minute feature requests?
    What is Preferred Interface? Wan and Wifi? Will my connection to IRC be forced to either EVDO or WiFi if I pick one?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    What is Preferred Interface? Wan and Wifi? Will my connection to IRC be forced to either EVDO or WiFi if I pick one?
    Yep, the idea is you can force IRC to use EVDO even if you're on Wifi. This way you stay connected to IRC all the time, even if you turn off the screen (which sleeps the phone and kills Wifi).

Instant Messaging is also done this way by default; it will use EVDO even if you're on Wifi so you're not constantly bouncing on and off and driving your entire buddy list crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Instant Messaging is also done this way by default
    I did not realize that....
    Make sure you have the correct feeds enabled.
    I have all the feeds enabled, still not showing up for me. In fact, I get nothing from either webos-internals feed despite the fact that they're both enabled. Very strange...
    what is the proper way to disconnect and reconnect? Or is this a possible bug?....

when I disconnect from wIRC, close all cards etc etc, then wish to reload wIRC and rejoin the server, it just hangs and hangs..

only way for me to get back on wIRC is reboot the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    what is the proper way to disconnect and reconnect? Or is this a possible bug?....

when I disconnect from wIRC, close all cards etc etc, then wish to reload wIRC and rejoin the server, it just hangs and hangs..

only way for me to get back on wIRC is reboot the pre
    what version of webOS do you run?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmh3093 View Post
    what version of webOS do you run?
    Same issue here. Hangs and hangs. WebOS 1.2.1
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  9. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    All I need is /list and I'll be happy.
    I have an issue that when my phone goes to sleep (and wifi turns off) then I wake up my Pre and wifi is re-enabled, wIRC will not disconnect from the server. The poor status icon just spins and spins...

AWESOME work though!
    @rmh: I am runninf sprint latest 1.2.1

hangs and hangs when try to reconnect
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    identd is ridiculously obsolete. You might want to talk to your server maintainer and tell them that it should be removed. It made sense back in the days when everyone IRCed from someone else's UNIX box, but not today.

Server maintainer? I connect from home (or my Pre) and have no say whatsoever in Undernet policies... Have you ever tried to tell an IRCop how he should do things better?? Haha... I'd have better luck getting a real cop to rake my back yard...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Any chance you can come on to freenode in #wirc and talk to me (PuffTheMagic) about this so I can figure out what we are not doing right. I've only been been testing on freenode so far.
    I did come to freenode, #webos-internals right after my last post, but not to #wirc. I will look for you there tomorrow or over the weekend...

Thanks,
    David
    So far it looks to be a good app!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    @rmh: I am runninf sprint latest 1.2.1

hangs and hangs when try to reconnect
    Reconnect is broken in 0.0.3, fixed upstream and will be in 0.0.4

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    So 0.0.4 is near.... any last minute feature requests?
    I prefer the Palm Dark look which you have already included.

But when I selected it, it was pretty much impossible to read anything until I also changed the text colors.

Perhaps when Palm Dark is selected as the theme, the text colors could also change to something readable?

db

Thanks for the cool app, btw. Works great from my perspective
  17.    #77  
    Just pushed 0.0.4 to the feeds.
    This is a great app, I've been waiting for it since I got the Pre! I had been listening in on the guys that were trying the text mode ones in the terminal on the phone, but I like this for practicality and usability far, far better.

Good job and keep up the fine work!
    *eagerly waiting for ssl*
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    Server maintainer? I connect from home (or my Pre) and have no say whatsoever in Undernet policies... Have you ever tried to tell an IRCop how he should do things better?? Haha... I'd have better luck getting a real cop to rake my back yard...
    It may be that the Linux identd can be ported to the Pre; I don't know. But it would probably be a lot easier to just get /quote working on wirc. I feel your pain because I use undernet exclusively.

For those of you who do not know, you can either have a real identd (rarely these days even on Linux, although it is there) or your irc client can implement a fake identd. For undernet, they have a third option. If you don't have identd either in your OS or built in to the client, the server will challenge you to enter /QUOTE followed by a random number it displays in its message. IIRC this is to combat spam robots and the like.

The problem here is that when you're running wirc for whatever reason the client does not accept and/or pass on the /QUOTE command. Getting that command t o work/be accepted would solve this problem and is what probably 99% of undernet users use to get on.

Is there any way we can get a feature request to add /QUOTE? This program shows a lot of promise and big thanks to the developers for getting it started.

It looks like this is open source, so who knows .. someone with the knowhow might submit a patch...
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast