Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Nice to see this app. I was on the IRC a few hours ago but can't seem to get back on.

Quick question. How do you automatically join a channel.

What is the syntax for it. I saw join/ but how I am typing it does not seem to work
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I believe it would be "/join #webos-internals"

I could be wrong though, as I'm not really all that up and up on IRC commands and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Check the Wiki. Away, Ping, Msg, Query, and Quit are the only commands working, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    And nick, join, part, notice, mode, topic, and kick.

So you didn't try any of the 12 that are implemented and assumed nothing is implemented?

It's only at v0.0.3, give us a break.
    Not how I meant it, guys. I appreciate the hard work but was having trouble getting results and posted here in the forum. Thanks for the extra information.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I spend my IRC time on Undernet, which requires either identd or /quote to work in order to join most servers... Does anyone know of a workaround? I'm dying to test out this app!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Works perfectly, thanks!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thank you for this app. Any plans for landscape mode?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    not sure if this is happening to anyone else or if its been mentioned, but if i go into the train station (completely losing service) and come back out wirc loses connection (obviously) and never resumes connection, and when i try to restart app to connect back, it never does, i have to restart my phone and then it starts working as normal... help? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Thank you for this app. Any plans for landscape mode?
    How would you type?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I spend my IRC time on Undernet, which requires either identd or /quote to work in order to join most servers... Does anyone know of a workaround? I'm dying to test out this app!
    identd is ridiculously obsolete. You might want to talk to your server maintainer and tell them that it should be removed. It made sense back in the days when everyone IRCed from someone else's UNIX box, but not today.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    How would you type?
    With the great virtual keyboard they also developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    Any chance you can come on to freenode in #wirc and talk to me (PuffTheMagic) about this so I can figure out what we are not doing right. I've only been been testing on freenode so far.
    STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO USE THIS!

I typed in the irc.freenode.net on the url, but there is no connect button
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO USE THIS!

I typed in the irc.freenode.net on the url, but there is no connect button
    when y type in irc.freenode.net u then have to tap on the top left and tap the channel button...then type webos-internals and thats it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I don't seem to be able to find the app+service in Preware anywhere. I refreshed the feeds a couple of times but still no luck? Anyone give me a hand figuring out what I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I don't seem to be able to find the app+service in Preware anywhere. I refreshed the feeds a couple of times but still no luck? Anyone give me a hand figuring out what I'm doing wrong?
    Open up list of everything and search for irc.
    Open up list of everything and search for irc.
    Just tried that and i get a big blank screen of nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    when y type in irc.freenode.net u then have to tap on the top left and tap the channel button...then type webos-internals and thats it
    I don't see any channel button.

where do I click on channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    I don't see any channel button.

where do I click on channel?
    I meant join channel...first you click on the server which is irc.freenode.net then top left click on join channel then you type webos-internals
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I meant join channel...first you click on the server which is irc.freenode.net then top left click on join channel then you type webos-internals
    typing '/join #channelname' or '/j #channelname' works from a server status window works also
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Just tried that and i get a big blank screen of nothing
    Make sure you have the correct feeds enabled.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast