Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Can someone explain what this means? I don't know how to use this app. Is it like a chat place. I'm not sure. =( Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Can someone explain what this means? I don't know how to use this app. Is it like a chat place. I'm not sure. =( Please help.
    Internet Relay Chat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Really great app guys - any plans for xDCC file transfer?

M
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    Really great app guys - any plans for xDCC file transfer?
    Just a guess, but I'd say there's a ton of other things they'd want to implement before they'd even consider that.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    any plans for xDCC file transfer?
    Yes, Eventually.

We plan to support everything in IRC.
    Is this still live when card is small?

EDIT: Nevermind It does
    Last edited by 2sslow; 11/10/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

a bit of a noob here. What exactly do I do to jointhe chats?

which server?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    a bit of a noob here. What exactly do I do to jointhe chats?

which server?
    in the url....type:

irc.freenode.net

then hit the top left and tap join channel...there u type webos-internals
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    in the url....type:

irc.freenode.net

then hit the top left and tap join channel...there u type webos-internals
    bout time someone gave a hint at how to set this up thank you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    bout time someone gave a hint at how to set this up thank you
    np
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    We plan to support everything in IRC.
    My god, this is going to be amazing. And for free too! Hope no one was planning on making a pay irc app, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    My god, this is going to be amazing. And for free too! Hope no one was planning on making a pay irc app, haha.
    Well, since wIRC cannot be submitted to the Palm App Catalog (since it uses a C service, which is not supported by Palm, and needs an installation script which runs as root) then there's still an opportunity for someone to create an inferior program and still make money off it :-)

Perhaps Palm would like to include the service for wIRCd in the standard webOS image, just like they include most of the Classic app on everyone's Pre ready for Motion Apps to sell the front-end through the App Catalog. That would allow wIRC to be added to the Palm App Catalog ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Anyone know exactly what "Preferred Interface" does? It seems to control whether the app uses EVDO or Wifi, but any more details on that? If I select EVDO does that mean it connects to EVDO even when the rest of the Pre is using Wifi, or does it just not connect if the Pre is using Wifi, or does it just mean it tries using it whenever it can, but then falls back to Wifi as a last resort?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Anyone know exactly what "Preferred Interface" does? It seems to control whether the app uses EVDO or Wifi, but any more details on that? If I select EVDO does that mean it connects to EVDO even when the rest of the Pre is using Wifi, or does it just not connect if the Pre is using Wifi, or does it just mean it tries using it whenever it can, but then falls back to Wifi as a last resort?

It is designed to use that preferred device if available. So for instance if you have EVDO and WIFI connected, you can choose to prefer EVDO. This will keep the irc session connected through the more stable EVDO rather than the more dynamically changed WIFI. If you select fallback to false, it will NOT use the other device if the one you prefer is not available. However if fallback is true it will attempt to bind to the preferred device but connect to the other one if the preferred device is unavailable.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    If you select fallback to false, it will NOT use the other device if the one you prefer is not available. However if fallback is true it will attempt to bind to the preferred device but connect to the other one if the preferred device is unavailable.
    Thanks for the explanation, though I think fallback must be from a newer version than what's in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, though I think fallback must be from a newer version than what's in Preware.
    I don't think preferred interface ever came without fallback (use fallback doesn't show up unless you choose an inteface though)

-Eric G

Donate
    Oops, you're correct.
    I've tried three different networks (freenode, undernet, efnet) and can't seem to get any /commands to work--everything just returns "***: Unknown Command:". Simple things like "whois" or "list". I was able to get to the #webos-internals channel on freenode, but nothing else.

Thoughts?

Edit to add: "/quit" works. So far that's the only /command I can see working.
    Check the Wiki. Away, Ping, Msg, Query, and Quit are the only commands working, I believe.
  20.    #40  
    And nick, join, part, notice, mode, topic, and kick.

So you didn't try any of the 12 that are implemented and assumed nothing is implemented?

It's only at v0.0.3, give us a break.
    Last edited by oil; 11/10/2009 at 10:14 PM.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast