Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    I just purchased wIRC through the HP catalogue for my Pre3 but I can't find the SSL option anywhere?
    Unfortunately the version in the catalog doesn't currently have SSL support. We'll be pushing out an updated version which does.
    HELP

anyone have a link to docs for the wIRC version (12/23/2011) for TouchPad sold in the apps catalog.

am in over my head (getting things like spell check changing channel names) so must RTM. heavy hit --

haven't been around anything Palm since Graffiti 2 derailed me
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulandkenny View Post
    am in over my head (getting things like spell check changing channel names) so must RTM.
    Unfortunately there isn't really a manual for it :/

However, under preferences > messages, you can turn off auto correct.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Unfortunately the version in the catalog doesn't currently have SSL support. We'll be pushing out an updated version which does.
    Any update on when the patch will be released? I enjoy lurking on freenode and like to use SSL whenever possible. :-)
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I use wirc with arcnet (de2.arcnet.vapor.com) and ircnet (irc.atw-inter.net). It works fine, but if I try and disconnect, the icons for those servers stay spinning forever and it never disconnects. I can relaunch wirc days later and those servers are still spinning. The only way I can use wirc again with those servers is a full device reset. If I try a Luna restart, the device freezes on a glowing HP logo until I novaterm in and issue a restart command. Same behaviour on touchpad and pre 3.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    I use wirc with arcnet (de2.arcnet.vapor.com) and ircnet (irc.atw-inter.net). It works fine, but if I try and disconnect, the icons for those servers stay spinning forever and it never disconnects. I can relaunch wirc days later and those servers are still spinning. The only way I can use wirc again with those servers is a full device reset. If I try a Luna restart, the device freezes on a glowing HP logo until I novaterm in and issue a restart command. Same behaviour on touchpad and pre 3.
    Yeah, I reported this years ago but the devs said I'm crazy.

No, scratch that, the actual word used was b u l l s h i t.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yeah, I reported this years ago but the devs said I'm crazy.

No, scratch that, the actual word used was b u l l s h i t.
    I can confirm this happens too, along with ghost connections, random crashes, and lack of SASL.

Its honestly better just to use irssi in a terminal. Kinda sad.

Sorry guys.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516