Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    New wIRC screenshot here: http://ompldr.org/vYTRpeQ

Not sure what's going on at the bottom
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Tiberius likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    New wIRC screenshot here: http://ompldr.org/vYTRpeQ

Not sure what's going on at the bottom
    Thats an aggregate view of all channels at the bottom...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I bought this in the app catalog on the touchpad and so far i like it. when you guys release the enyo version, will it be an upgrade in the app catalog or a whole new app? As it is though, i enjoy it but an enyo version will be awsome, especially after seeing that screenshot.
    Anyone else have the problem with a channel that has a super long topic (like freenode can have), that that channel wont work. It wont show the topic in the bar, it wont update any chatter. but it will list the people in the channel.
  5.    #285  
    What version of webos?
    What version of wIRC?
    What channel on freenode?

This information is needed when reporting such a bug.
    Last edited by grazzt; 09/11/2011 at 08:35 PM.
  7.    #287  
    I'm just going to pretend you're not wasting my time by posting bugs in software we haven't even released to testing yet...

Please use a version we've actually released if you need it to work consistently.
    I apologize then.
    Hello, still loving wIRC since 0.0.3 :^)

When a call comes in, the phone disconnects because that's part of CDMA's charm - no data and voice at the same time. When wIRC attempts to reconnect automatically after the call is over, the phone is useless for the several seconds or so that the connection is being negotiated.

Some kind of option to delay the reconnect might be nice so that the CDMA-afflicted user can, without delay, make a second call right after the first, or add an appointment, etc, rather than waiting for the connection to complete before performing these actions.

Ideas for implementation (from most favorite to least):
    1) wait for the screen to have been blank for x seconds before attempting reconnect
    2) a dashboard notification when internet connection is restored that, when 'touched' to make it full sized, will say "wIRC will re-connect in x seconds, press here to cancel" (ideally, the x will be counting down and the cancel button will be right there on the dashboard notification bar)
    3) maybe wait for x seconds of inactivity before reconnect (no screen touches, no typing, but what if user is waiting for a web page to load?)
    4) a dashboard notification "Press here to re-connect wIRC"
    5) a wIRC preference for a fixed x second delay before reconnect (one problem is the 'pause' may happen perhaps in the middle of some other activity and still be inconvenient)

wIRC has come a long way, thanks!
    Last edited by notcalvin; 09/16/2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Edit - Nevermind below, I figured it out... DOH!

-------------------------

oil or puffthemagic,

Is your preference that we submit bugs via redmine? My old login to redmine doesn't work, I made a new one and it does not work either...
    Last edited by notcalvin; 09/16/2011 at 09:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    *sigh* So, I've noticed a few quirks, and I'm not sure if this is reported behavior or not.

I'm running 0.4.6 from preware
    I'm connecting to freenode
    and primarily working with the #cmtouchpad channel...

I've observed several behaviors of interest...

1) sometimes I can't see the bottom of the text that's been sent... it's there, I can slide it onto the screen, but when I raise my finger, it scrolls back down off the screen - this seems to get altered between vertical and horizontal orientation...

2) sometimes something gets hung or stuck where I can't connect to anything consistently and it seems to primarily happen after running wirc. Sometimes this behavior has manifested after changing physical location (home vs work vs ?) when this happens, I pretty much have to restart the tablet to get things to function properly... this seems to happen less if I close the channel card, then disconnect from freenode before closing the wirc card.
    scifan,

(the cmtouchpad channel makes me think you are running a touchpad?)

the text-at-the-bottom-of-the-screen thing has been reported already in this thread.

in regard to the connection problem - I don't have a touchpad, but on a Palm Pre I find that when I close my connection properly, I don't have a problem reconnecting later, but when I lose signal while connected I can't reconnect after that typically.

To deal with the problem of reconnecting after a 'messy' loss of connection, I've installed JSTop from preware (I assume it works fine on touchpad), which allows you to kill processes.

When I lose connection, 1) close wirc 2) open Jstop and find the wirc process that didn't die 3) swipe it away and press delete then 4) restart wirc and connecting again is fine.

I don't have any comment on wirc effecting other applications (I haven't noticed that) except to say that perhaps killing the rouge wirc process may help that.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm working with a touchpad, I'll try jstop as a method to make sure wirc's killed...

When/If this happens again, I'll make sure to document everything I can about it...
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    So, I saw this behavior yesterday, but jstop didn't show wirc running... not sure if it's related or not... though I did have wirc lock up today and had to kill it with jstop... *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    So, I saw this behavior yesterday, but jstop didn't show wirc running... not sure if it's related or not... though I did have wirc lock up today and had to kill it with jstop... *sigh*
    you might want to look into the preware app lumberjack for viewing app error logs.
    Hi,

Why isnt wIRC-enyo availablevia preware ?! Where can i find a built of version 0.0.9

Thanks in advance.

Br,
    noone can help ?
    Quote Originally Posted by crowba View Post
    noone can help ?
    Hi crowba,

Somehow missed your post last week.

I think you can find the enyo version of wirc in a preware testing feed. Open preware and find the "Annoucement" app and read there.

If you use software from the testing feed, you will have to be prepared for crashes, lockups, etc, whatever. If you post about problems you find in a testing feed app (or any software, really), you will be expected to post what hardware you are using, what OS and version, and what software version, and as much as you can about how to reproduce the problem. I suggest you grab lumberjack from preware for this purpose.

Also, if you are going to use software from the testing feed, please remember that everything in preware is free and took someone a lot of time to do. Your posts read to me as being a little bit demanding. It can be easy to give the wrong impression in written informal communication like forums, but it doesn't help you to sound impolite.

Chuck
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan View Post
    this happens to me too, and I am able to fix it with jstop. From what I remember, stop won't listthe app if you closed it, so I reopen wirc and then try jstop while it is still open, then after reopening wirc it seems tk work. I can't remember if it always works as I've become more concious of manually disconnecting from the networks before dojng something like a usb connect or whatever, but I do believe that's what I do
    I just purchased wIRC through the HP catalogue for my Pre3 but I can't find the SSL option anywhere?

thanks!