Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It was due to the new 2.x JSON parser... Puking all over those control characters that explain how it should be colored.

The fix is already in the repo. It will drop with v0.3.8.
    awesome! I moved up to 0.3.7 hoping 0.3.8 was out but 0.3.7 solved a few issues I was having, can't wait for 0.3.8! Hope its soon
    Updated to 0.3.8 - didn't launch properly. Uninstalled/reboot/cleared wIRC directly on /media/internal - reinstalled - still no go. Found this:

Code:
    [2011-03-20 22:55:53] (wIRC) Error: warning, script load failed for file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/app/models/connectionManager.jsjsjs, $either$ $remove$ $the$ $script$ $or$ $fix$ $the$ $src$ $path$.
    [$2011$-$03$-$20$ $22$:$55$:$53$] ($wIRC$) $Uncaught$ $ReferenceError$: $connectionManager$ $is$ $not$ $defined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$wirc$/$app$/$models$/$servers$.$js$:$4$
  3.    #243  
    That doesn't make any sense, connectionManager is correct in the sources :/

Edit: Oh, the ipk created by the autobuilder doesn't seem to have updated the files name.

Edit 2: Ok, 0.3.8-1 should fix it xD
    Last edited by oil; 03/20/2011 at 06:36 PM.
    That doesn't make any sense, connectionManager is correct in the sources :/

Edit: Oh, the ipk created by the autobuilder doesn't seem to have updated the files name.

Edit 2: Ok, 0.3.8-1 should fix it xD
    awesome, will it show up in the testing feed as -1?
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggo0 View Post
    awesome, will it show up in the testing feed as -1?
    Yeah
    Yeah
    Got it, working better than the other builds and the text shows up perfectly in color! Thanks again for fixing that!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mmmmm...... stacks......
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.

Code:
    EXCEPTION [server#connect], (Error): "Count not init result parse. Lib out of date?"
    Can't connect to anything
  9.    #249  
    Yeah, a new version is on the way.

Puffy pushed not thoroughly tested plugin changes :/

edit: 0.3.10 should be in the testing feed soon.
    Last edited by oil; 04/02/2011 at 04:05 AM.
    Yeah, a new version is on the way.

Puffy pushed not thoroughly tested plugin changes :/

edit: 0.3.10 should be in the testing feed soon.
    Not a nice April fools joke
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Works well now guys, thanks for the update & keep up the good work
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Not a nice April fools joke
    It wasn't on purpose
    It wasn't on purpose
    I know, it wast just funny how several app updates borked on April 1
    Hello, I'm running wIRC 0.3.11, and have been running wIRC since 0.0.3, iirc.

Thanks for a great app.

Bug report: I find that often the op status of users on my channel gets out of sync with reality. I see users as not operators, try to op them and nothing happens, and if I do a whois on them, it shows that they already have ops on the channel (I see the @ in the channels list on the bottom of the whois card).

If I try to op one of these people, their status does not update, they remain showing as un-op'd.

Maybe you could add a step to the op command that runs a 'background' whois and, if the whois shows them as an op on on any channel I've joined, the user list on those channels would update for that user?
    how to connect to the local server (I want to use bitlbee)?
    Sorry for my English =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamil View Post
    how to connect to the local server (I want to use bitlbee)?
    Tap the new server button then click on custom.
    I thought maybe support for ping had stopped, but I see in the app update notes to 0.4.2 (YAY!) that it has even been improved to show the lag.

I can't seem to find where the ping results are reported... Anybody have a clue for me?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I'm currently trying to connect wIRC to bitlbee on the phone itself (installed via ipk-opt). Afaics, bitlbee seems to be running (netstat - l shows something listening on the ircd port), but wIRC can't connect. It just shows Connecting.., then disconnects after a while. Doesn't matter if localhost or 127.0.0.1 are used.

So I'm looking for a way to dig a little deeper, but I'm stuck. Lumberjack doesn't show anything, and on the bitlbee side, it's the same, it just times out after a while.
    Is there a way to increase the verbosity of wIRC, so that one can see what happens when the program is trying to connect?

Another thought: maybe it's a permission issue, connected with the user ID bitlbee is running under. Which is the user ID for wIRC?

Sys3175
    This is on a Pre+, Webos 2.1, wIRC 0.4.4, bitlbee 3.0.2-1
    You should be using ctcp pings not normal ping, if you have the lag meter enabled the normal ping command is hijacked for the rtt computations and wIRC does not let you use it. Even with the lag meter off you should still be using ctcp ping.
    localhost/127.0.0.1 aka the loopback device is just a private/local address on every TCP based device that points back to itself, if you want to connect to your server from wirc you need to point it its real IP addy.