Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hmmm I lost my settings again, but this time for no reason I understand.

The only thing I observed was that someone posted to the channel and their text was black instead of white (I was set to Palm Dark theme, so text i normally white). I've had problems in the past that seemed connected to the palm dark theme, and, interestingly, just last night I switched Internalz to Palm Dark. (Ha, paranoid much...?)

Next time I looked I was roaming and disconnected. I could not connect again, the server log said something about needing an ident maybe (sorry didn't write it down, I didn't realize anything was happening, but perhaps the problem was that my prefs were gone and I was requesting "" as my nick?).

Here is lumberjack:
    [2010-12-23 14:37:58] (wIRC) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined
    [2010-12-23 14:39:38] (wIRC) Uncaught Error: NOT_FOUND_ERR: DOM Exception 8, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/app/assistants/app-assistant.jsjsjs:$53$
    [2010-12-23 14:49:22] (wIRC) Uncaught Error: NOT_FOUND_ERR: DOM Exception 8, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/app/assistants/app-assistant.jsjsjs:$53$

Since then I tried to use save/restore to bring back my identity and all the server info and preferences, but it doesn't do anything... Perhaps I'll find the save/restore thread to discuss that there...

Finally, from 0.3.4 to 0.3.5 I'm finding that I disconnect more often and, maybe it is my imagination, but the app is left running after close more often rather than less.
    meh..

well, I have 0.3.4 (no, I don't remember when and if it has been updated recently), and now it just sits there "waiting for plugin"

I think I should @blameoil

No, seriously, it's a Pre Plus with 2.1 on it. F105 kernel if that do matter (I was using stock and then Uber, I hadn't tested wIRC with F105).
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    well, I have 0.3.4 (no, I don't remember when and if it has been updated recently), and now it just sits there "waiting for plugin"
    Does this even after a restart?

I think I should @blameoil
    I didn't write the plugin
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Does this even after a restart?
    Yes, after a restart... after three restarts (battery swap, full power off).

I didn't write the plugin
    Oh, well, no blaming then, but it still doesn't work :'(
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  5.    #225  
    Well if it still happens even after a restart, something must have been blown away.

I suggest a reinstall.
    Well if it still happens even after a restart, something must have been blown away.

I suggest a reinstall.
    I had already reinstalled. Now I even deleted the /media/internal/wirc folder and nothing.

Something funny: Preware installs wirc version 0.3.4, and next time 0.3.5 appears as an upgrade. Preware bug maybe?

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
  7.    #227  
    I even deleted the /media/internal/wirc folder and nothing.
    Yeah, that folder is just created so there is a default place for DCC transfers to go. Nothing to do with normal operation. I'm not surprised deleting it fixed nothing xD

Something funny: Preware installs wirc version 0.3.4, and next time 0.3.5 appears as an upgrade. Preware bug maybe?
    Hm, there seems to be a weird case of 034 in the testing feed but 035 in the main feed, haha.

Well, if a reinstall over the top didn't fix it, I suggest an orange+tap remove, then install it fresh.
    Well, I've already tried preware uninstall, reinstall, nothing
    preware uninstall, reboot, reinstall, nothing.
    Orange-Tap, uninstall, reboot, reinstall, nothing.
    Orange-Tap, uninstall, reboot, delete wirc folder, reinstall aaand... nothing.

It just keeps there "Waiting for the plugin"

9.    #229  
    If none of that worked, there is something else seriously wrong somewhere.

Do you get any errors in the log? Start Lumberjack and start following the log for wIRC, then open wirc, once you get to the plugin message, go back and look in lumbo.
    If none of that worked, there is something else seriously wrong somewhere.

Do you get any errors in the log? Start Lumberjack and start following the log for wIRC, then open wirc, once you get to the plugin message, go back and look in lumbo.
    The last line goes like this:
    exec(/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/wirc, /media/cryprofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/wirc 20 0 10)

And it just sits there until I close it

This is on the Plus

On Baby Pre on the other hand, the last line is:
    JSJSJS $handler$ $registration$ $complete$

11.    #231  
    The last line goes like this:
    exec(/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/wirc, /media/cryprofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/wirc 20 0 10)

And it just sits there until I close it

This is on the Plus

On Baby Pre on the other hand, the last line is:
    JSJSJS $handler$ $registration$ $complete$
    Well that log wasn't very helpful, lol. Thats just the plugin being ran... :/
  12.    #232  
    NuttyBunny: I just pushed 036 to the testing feed, let me know if that makes any difference.

Everyone else: Let me know if you get that "wirc doesn't close have to kill it with jstop to be able to relaunch it" problem anymore.
    First off oil, thanks for an awesome free app that works great with IRC...I spent most of the day trying to figure out a IRC client when it turns out wIRC simply works

I'm primary using wIRC to stay in touch with my game server channel when I'm out of the house...and it turns out in the in game bot doesn't like wIRC, he communicates with colors sometimes and it seems wIRC simply ignores this? I tested some strings from the bot that don't have color and it works fine, had a friend test a colored string and his text didn't appear for me. Is there any way you can add color handling or simply strip colors out of text strings? I'd REALLY appreciate this!!
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggo0 View Post
    I'm primary using wIRC to stay in touch with my game server channel when I'm out of the house...and it turns out in the in game bot doesn't like wIRC, he communicates with colors sometimes and it seems wIRC simply ignores this? I tested some strings from the bot that don't have color and it works fine, had a friend test a colored string and his text didn't appear for me. Is there any way you can add color handling or simply strip colors out of text strings? I'd REALLY appreciate this!!
    Can you tell me the server/channel the bot is on so I can see whats going on?

The last time someone asked about colors, we implemented it, and it worked with their tic-tac-toe game or whatever it was.
    Can you tell me the server/channel the bot is on so I can see whats going on?

The last time someone asked about colors, we implemented it, and it worked with their tic-tac-toe game or whatever it was.
    irc.foonetic.net 6667

#idenvale

I tried messing with the colors in the Preferences but it didn't do anything. I have to run out but I'll be on my phone with wIRC - ironicly. I should have someone available to me to login/out/chat in game which creates colored text.
  16.    #236  
    irc.foonetic.net 6667

#idenvale
    I'll pop in there this evening and see whats up.

I tried messing with the colors in the Preferences but it didn't do anything. I have to run out but I'll be on my phone with wIRC - ironicly. I should have someone available to me to login/out/chat in game which creates colored text.
    The color preferences are for ui colors, default text color, nick color, part/join message colors, things like that. Not the irc color codes.
    Awesome, I'm back now - people are in the server actively chatting so you should be able to see what's going on on a normal IRC client, then on wIRC. I very much appreciate your efforts
  18.    #238  
    It was due to the new 2.x JSON parser... Puking all over those control characters that explain how it should be colored.

The fix is already in the repo. It will drop with v0.3.8.
    So, with the latest news about 2.1 and @Adora 's tweet, is wirc gonna see the light of the day in the web app catalog??

20.    #240  
    Web App? We'll be going into the main catalog!