Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfell View Post
    Hi All,

Does wIRC store it's logs anywhere? Tried using the beta SSL, I get connected to the server that is using SSL but then get disconnected about 30 seconds later.
    There is no special wirc-only log file. All mojo apps go to the same place.

If you download and install Lumberjack, it should be able to pick up any errors wirc is throwing.

For SSL, are you sure you got all the ports/etc right?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply oil. Yup double checked port 6601, FQDN for the server and the server password. Gave Lumberjack a whirl, it had nothing to show for wirc.
    palm pixi plus running 1.4.3

this is not showing up in my preware??? I neeeeed IRC!!!

help!
    wirc has critical bug for non-english users - it crashes (luna restart) when disconnect from utf-8 servers (for example, irc.setun.net:6665). how to fix it?
    and sorry for my english )
    Quote Originally Posted by pbucch View Post

help!
    Go to this post: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2647031
    Quote Originally Posted by pbucch View Post

help!
    Maybe also check these posts:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2626599
    -says you should use wIRC 0.2.4

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2647031
    -location of ipk files for 0.2.4

I believe that preware and internalz will install .ipk files.

I found these posts using the search thread tool with the term 'pixi'.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    Maybe also check these posts:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2626599
    -says you should use wIRC 0.2.4

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2647031
    -location of ipk files for 0.2.4

I believe that preware and internalz will install .ipk files.

I found these posts using the search thread tool with the term 'pixi'.
    Do you know if a new version for the Pixi is in the works?
  8.    #208  
    We are only working on the plugin hybrid version of the app.
    So I mentioned in previous posts that I can no longer find a bug where I lose my identity information from the main preference scene. I could not reproduce it, but I learned something about it today I think.

Context: on 3 or 4 occasions since 0.3, I believe, I have lost all my identity information and some other preference info. It happened often enough that I stopped doing much custimazation.

Today, I decided, since I hadn't had any problem in a long time, to go ahead and switch back to the dark theme which I like, and right after I did it, I had lost my identity info - it was blank. I ran lumberjack, and maybe the error message will help.

[2010-10-22 18:18:52] (wIRC) Error: animateWithTimer: 256
    [2010-10-22 18:34:25] (wIRC) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'put' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/app/assistants/identity-assistant.jsjsjs:$184$

PS- I check out bug traq but maybe it's moved, I get an environment error?
  10.    #210  
    [2010-10-22 18:18:52] (wIRC) Error: animateWithTimer: 256
    [2010-10-22 18:34:25] (wIRC) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'put' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.wirc/app/assistants/identity-assistant.jsjsjs:$184$
    The first line is something else (mojo related), the second line is definitely the problem.

After looking at the code, I can see its a scope problem (apparently forgot to bind the callback function.) I'll get the fix in there, and it will be in the next release.

Thanks for getting the right info we need to fix it

PS- I check out bug traq but maybe it's moved, I get an environment error?
    Yeah, webosinternals moved to redmine so that engaged users (like yourself) can also register and submit tickets. wIRCs issue list is located here.

Edit: fixed.
    Last edited by oil; 10/22/2010 at 02:47 PM.
    I updated to wIRC 0.3.3 and when I started it up it hung on the waiting for plugin screen.

Killed it, checked jStop, no wirc processes running, restarted, same problem.

Removed, reinstalled, re-setup preferences, seems fine now.

Maybe caused by having wIRC 0.3.2 running when I updated?

Thanks for fresh wIRC!

I'd log a bug report, don't I don't really think this is 'actionable intelligence'.
    Last edited by notcalvin; 10/28/2010 at 04:11 PM.
  12.    #212  
    I updated to wIRC 0.3.3 and when I started it up it hung on the waiting for plugin screen.

Thanks for fresh wIRC!
    That shouldn't happen...
    I tend to do a lot of wirc where my signal strength is low, and one thing I find is that occasionally the Users list gets a little out of whack in regard to who is an op and who is not. I'm imagining it is because when the info is transmitted, I'll not receive it and so my list won't update, but at the same time I won't actually disconnect, so I just have incorrect user info.

So I'll look at the users list, and there will be 'herb' who is shown as not opped, but nothing happens when I try to op, and when I do a whois, I see that he is already a channel op.

I think the trick here is I'm on a channel with a dozen or so people, while many channels will have hundreds, so you can't just periodically 'update' who is op, I suppose.

But maybe when an op command is selected from the interface, first there is a whois to see if they are op'ed already, then if they are, just update status, and if they are not, then op them (or voice or whatev)?

Also - if I've got the lag meter turned on, and a ping doesn't return - is there supposed to be, at some point, a trigger that decides my connection is broke? I find that occasionally I'll be disconnected but wirc won't know it, and I can send all the messages I want, etc, and everything seems fine... but it isn't.

Maybe next time that happens I'll see if lumberjack has an thoughts on it.
    Last edited by notcalvin; 10/28/2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks for fresh wIRC!

I'd log a bug report, don't I don't really think this is 'actionable intelligence'.
    This is yet another hybrid on 1.4.5 bug... I might have to start adding the version number to the plugin binary or get super fancy with the postinst scripts to avoid this bug. "Should be" fixed in 2.0 but we wont be seeing that any time soon.
    I've noticed that while I'm connected to wIRC with Automatic network selection, IRC works fine and stays connected as I switch back and forth between Sprint and roaming.

(freaking mind boggling, btw)

I find that often at work my 2 bar connection to Sprint drops when I pick up the phone to type, so I like to force roaming.

BUT, if wIRC is connected, I find I can rarely (never?) force roaming. The button shows I've selected roaming, but the carrier icon shows EV instead of R 1x.

If I disconnect wIRC I can switch over, but not otherwise, it seems.

I'm doing some testing to come up with something more specific, but I find that often others have already reported something and so I thought I'd mention it before I burn too much time on it - who knows, maybe it's already all figured out.
    So I recently updated preware, saverestore, wirc, and lumberjack - all in the last 2? weeks.

A little bit ago, my phone locked up (I think cause a text came in) for some reason.

I pulled the battery for a restart, and when I started wirc, it gave the install screen and when I got past that I had lost my identity, preference, and channel info.

To be helpful, I launched lumberjack to get some error info, and it also showed a 'fresh start' screen, and there was no info in the wirc log.

Preware and saverestore also showed the 'first use' screen on startup.

I tried to restore my data from saverestore to wirc and nothing came in.

As far as wirc goes, I've lost my profile many times, and saverestore has never brought back any of the data, unfortunately.

Just a heads up, sadly no real data by way of error logs...

Update:
    So I removed wirc then reinstalled, then restored from save/restore, then launched wirc and I've got my config back.

Also, Govnah has lost the saved profiles, but interestngly, when I go to add a new one, the default name is "Profile 8" rather than 1, as if it knows something is missing...

The app pronto dial Trial, which I believe is from the app catalog, also showed the 'first time launch' screen. As did Titan Stop Watch.
    Last edited by notcalvin; 11/30/2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: update
  17.    #217  
    Your problem is not with wirc or any of the other apps.
    So I recently updated preware, saverestore, wirc, and lumberjack - all in the last 2? weeks.

A little bit ago, my phone locked up (I think cause a text came in) for some reason.

I pulled the battery for a restart
    You initiated a catastrophic power source failure on a smartphone. As a result, all the settings databases for your apps were corrupted.

Nothing to do with the apps. Everything to do with pulling the battery.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You initiated a catastrophic power source failure on a smartphone. As a result, all the settings databases for your apps were corrupted.

Nothing to do with the apps. Everything to do with pulling the battery.

-- Rod
    It's the first time that's happened, just getting lucky up till now I suppose.

At first it seemed like all my webos-internals apps, but apparently that was because those are the only ones I use with much frequency, so they were the first and only ones I had opened! ;^)

Thanks for your quick reply!
    Suggestions:
    -in the user screen, if one taps the title bar, pop up a menu to 'refresh user list' to rebuild the user list from scratch.
    -in the user menus, if you CTCP ping someone, maybe activate the relevant server messages window to show the result.
    -when a channel reconnects, don't move the various cards around.

Yours in appreciation,
    Chuck
    :^)