Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi everyone i'm a noob to using preware and homebrew apps. like the title states i can't get any of the patches to properly dl for use into my pre. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you all in advance.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    did you download the package manager service first?
    Hi,

why am I getting errors trying install the on screen keyboard on my new pre?

my pre is verison 1.1.3

UK

Thanks
    It currently isn't supported on 1.1.3 that is why it's not installing.

Check this thread
    everything is 1.2.1 optimized in preware
    Yes it is optimised but stuff does work with 1.1.3. That thread I posted will tell you what works and what doesn't.

I'm using brightness unlinked and the battery percentage to name a couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear50 View Post
    everything is 1.2.1 optimized in preware
    Everything except the new 1.1.3 webos-patches feed containing 17 back-ported patches for 1.1.3, and also all the other webos-internals and optware applications which all work fine on 1.1.3 ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    installed multiple patches with preware, went to deinstall a few and it gave me an error. The patches still show up as installed but they are not and I can't remove them or reinstall them because it doesn't give me the option.

If I click remove it gives me an error and there is no option to install. Anyway to fix this without webosdoctor?

adam
    Use the Emergency Patch Recovery tool. Look for it in the List of Everything in Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can you give us an update on the status of these patches that are not yet in Preware?

Please see the master list:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1944821

I am sure that there are other patches that are being discussed or worked on. Could you post notes so that we can add them to this list?

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 11/02/2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: updating
    I made a thread about similar not too long ago: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t-yet-git.html. Technically my post is about stuff not yet in Git, but the final result after that should be that they should be put in Preware as well.

Your "not working in 1.2.1" list needs to be updated as well. Unthrottle download manager is 1.2/1.2.1 only, the "ignore a, and, the" one works in 1.2.1, and there's probably others.

Also, Hide media sync isn't in Preware either.
    The avatar patch is already in preware (Enable Personal Avatar), but also requires that your custom my-avatar.png be added to the correct place for it to show up. The rest of the customization patches listed in QI all require some form of customized user input. Currently there is no way for Preware to get user input and interaction for things like this.

As for the iphone spoof, this is a binary patch, and as such poses unique security risks. There needs to be lengthy discussion about how to handle binary patching if at all before something like this would be included in any of the webos-internals feeds.

For the rest of the patches, any patch not found in Preware means that no one has packaged that patch into an ipk. The easiest way to do this is to submit any .patch file to webos-internals patch meister dBsooner (alternatively to myself or rwhitby). dBsooner will be creating a form for easy submission and inclusion into the autobuilder and webos-patches feed.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I made a thread about similar not too long ago: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...t-yet-git.html. Technically my post is about stuff not yet in Git, but the final result after that should be that they should be put in Preware as well.

Your "not working in 1.2.1" list needs to be updated as well. Unthrottle download manager is 1.2/1.2.1 only, the "ignore a, and, the" one works in 1.2.1, and there's probably others.

Also, Hide media sync isn't in Preware either.
    Well, sure enough there are several noted in your earlier thread. Yes I did search but I was only thinking of what is not in Preware. I will get these added and updated.

I will also note that the "Unthrottle Download Manager" and "Ignore a, and, the" patches do work in 1.2.1 but are not available in Preware.

Thank you for all that you do!

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/21/2009 at 04:06 PM.
    While we are on the topic of webOS-internals Patches to webOS...

I updated the webOS-internals page to show that 29 other patches are OK for 1.2.1. I hope it is OK.

Also, I noted that Palm only fixed one part of this patch so it is still needed:
    - Music Player: Bookmarking - Works in 1.2 for podcast, speech, spoken word, netcast, or audiobook genre tags only

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/22/2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: I fixed the referenced page at webOS-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The avatar patch is already in preware (Enable Personal Avatar), but also requires that your custom my-avatar.png be added to the correct place for it to show up.
    Eric,

First, thank you for all that you do.

As to the avatar patch, in it's present form, I don't think it is something a typical Pre owner could do. Could this patch be packaged up like your On Screen Keyboard is with a "\.avatar" subdirectory and maybe 10 sample avatars to choose from?

As for the iphone spoof, this is a binary patch, and as such poses unique security risks. There needs to be lengthy discussion about how to handle binary patching if at all before something like this would be included in any of the webos-internals feeds.
    I understand that a lot needs to be in place to generally allow binaries. But for this one patch, hasn't it been taken apart ad naseum and we know that there is nothing fishy in the binary portion?

Finally, who are the people who could convert the remaining patches to 1.2.1? If some are easy, grab the low-hanging fruit?

- Craig
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/21/2009 at 05:07 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Another new one for you.. http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1989527

Adds the Date to the filename of Photos taken with the Pre's camera
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    The personal avatar patch could be edited to look for the icon/image in the media/internals directory and then anyone could simply put a file there named myavatar.png and that should work.. will try it with the patch I'm working on (will put avatar on left, and centered properly)...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Thanks for the patch, it sure go much faster.
    Thank you! Got those in.

I am not including the list of patches under discussion or requested as there are so many. I am only including patches that have been tested and proven to work at least under an earlier webOS.

- Craig
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast