Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Hi All,
    I just installed Preware on my friends Pre and for some reason her "Patches" are grayed out (so they can not be accessed)?
    Any clues on why that is and how to fix?
    Thanks,
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    Hi All,
    I just installed Preware on my friends Pre and for some reason her "Patches" are grayed out (so they can not be accessed)?
    Any clues on why that is and how to fix?
    Thanks,
    G
    How *exactly* did you install it. Which *exact* URL of instructions did you follow to the letter without deviation?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm having the same problem. I used the webOSDoctor to return to factory setting and lost all of my installed patches. I installed preware the same as i hz d \in the past, but the "available patches" is grayed out. I've spent around 3 hours trying to fix the problem. Please help!!!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Make sure you're running webOS version 1.2.1. Don't assume; check it. Then update the OS.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    make sure you have the latest version of package manager and preware
    How do i check it?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Device info
    Just wanted to say thank you to all of you!!! I installed the latest webOS version 1.2.1 and it work good. I'm just having a hard time installing the LED notification and the keyboard(the 2 I miss the most)...any hints? Once again thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csheehan71 View Post
    I'm just having a hard time installing the LED notification and the keyboard(the 2 I miss the most)...any hints?
    What does that mean? "Hard time installing" covers a lot of ground, from "my device is not detected," to "they're not in the list of available patches" to "my fingers are broken and my cast is getting in the way."
    They're not in the list of available patches.
    Thank You all!
    The update worked like a charm to me too!
    Giving my thanks now!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csheehan71 View Post
    They're not in the list of available patches.
    So the patch list is no longer greyed out; it's just missing the patches you're looking for? I understand you are running 1.2.1 on your Pre. What version of Preware and the PMS are you running?
    It took some time, but I have figured everything out and it's working great! Thank you for your help!!! I'm still new to this.
    thanks guys from preware !!!

9 patches more in the list: 120 already.. Keep em coming!!!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Same thing here...had to exchange my Pre today and reload everyting. Downloaded Preware v0.9.7 and set preferences to display Available Patches, however "Available Patches" is greyed out and does not show any available patches???? Even after Updating Feeds
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    There are a couple of extra packages you need outside of Preware for patches. I can't for the life of me remember what they are, but try adding a patch via WebOS Quick Install and it should prompt you to install them automatically.
    so i got a replacement pre and i reinstalled preware(the package manager first and everything needed correctly like before) and i can't get any patches? see below

did i do something wrong? it's in developer mode and everything

thanks

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I just installed Preware on mine today as well.. I can access the patches.

What version are you running? I've got 0.9.7... If I'm not mistaken your's appears to be an older version. At least my menus aren't laid out like yours are..

Try downloading it and installing it to your Pre via webOS Quick Install... that's what I did at least.

Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    so i got a replacement pre and i reinstalled preware(the package manager first and everything needed correctly like before) and i can't get any patches? see below

did i do something wrong? it's in developer mode and everything

thanks
    First suggestion: Make sure you're running webOS 1.2.1. New phones may not be updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    I just installed Preware on mine today as well.. I can access the patches.

What version are you running? I've got 0.9.7... If I'm not mistaken your's appears to be an older version. At least my menus aren't laid out like yours are..

Try downloading it and installing it to your Pre via webOS Quick Install... that's what I did at least.

Good luck!
    yup, i have the lastest version. i installed via webos quick install....

i can't figure it out.

anyone else?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast