Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sorry, but my problem on page 2 got lost. Anyone who knows what i can do about it?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    Sorry, but my problem on page 2 got lost. Anyone who knows what i can do about it?
    You're using the wrong feed. You're looking at the patches compatible with webOS 1.1.3. You need to use /webos-patches/1.2.1.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    How come it worked before? I can't change the link but i cannot add a new feed either. I just reinstalled preware, still no solution.
    Btw: i got a german gsm pre
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    How come it worked before? I can't change the link but i cannot add a new feed either. I just reinstalled preware, still no solution.
    Btw: i got a german gsm pre
    Ooops. Missed "Location:Germany." Anyway, that explains it. See http://www.precentral.net/preware-09...webos-versions. Preware is now detecting your version and making the choice for you. I don't know if/how you can fool Preware in to believing you're running 1.2.1. You might explore http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Ooops. Missed "Location:Germany." Anyway, that explains it. See http://www.precentral.net/preware-09...webos-versions. Preware is now detecting your version and making the choice for you. I don't know if/how you can fool Preware in to believing you're running 1.2.1. You might explore http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html.
    Preware uses the version of the currently installed webOS. It doesn't care where your Pre came from or what version it had on it previously.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    does that mean I have to accept those 20 patches? This should apply to all GSM Pres but I can┤t find anyone but me noticing it
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware uses the version of the currently installed webOS. It doesn't care where your Pre came from or what version it had on it previously.

-- Rod
    I have irc but don't know how to set it up ? Could use some help here
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    does that mean I have to accept those 20 patches? This should apply to all GSM Pres but I can┤t find anyone but me noticing it
    What is the URL listed for webos-patches on your feed management page in Preware?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I have irc but don't know how to set it up ? Could use some help here
    What has that got to do with Patches for Preware?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What is the URL listed for webos-patches on your feed management page in Preware?

-- Rod
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.1.3

I just told you a few hours ago, doesn┤t matter :-)
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

That's what "explained it." I had been assuming he was in the US. I didn't wonder what OS he was running until I noticed "Location: Germany" and looked for the post in which he ID'd the 1.1.3 feed.
    Yep. The fix is in Preware 0.9.6 alpha testing right now - join us in the IRC channel to participate in the alpha testing :-)

-- Rod
    so I can partake what else
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

The patches available in that 1.1.3 feed are listed at Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.1.3

If you're running 1.1.3, those are the patches available.

If you're running 1.2.1, then the feed URL is incorrect, and we need to work out why ipkgservice didn't change it.

[Note that I deal with hundreds of different people's problems each day, so please excuse me if I didn't remember yours.]

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    That's what "explained it." I had been assuming he was in the US. I didn't wonder what OS he was running until I noticed "Location: Germany" and looked for the post in which he ID'd the 1.1.3 feed.
    Does that mean there┤s nothing I can do about it and every GSM Pre has the same problem? That would suck.

@Rod: I appreciate your work, it really didn┤t matter...
    How come some of the patches that worked on my Pre aren┤t listed anymore? Like the download unthrottle patch (and others I can┤t remember).
    Last edited by hartmund; 11/10/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Does that mean there┤s nothing I can do about it and every GSM Pre has the same problem? That would suck.
    What problem? Those are the patches that have been qualified for 1.1.3 - if you know of others that work as-is on 1.1.3 but are not in that feed, then let us know the name of the patch and we can easily add it to that feed. If you have back-ported any other patches to 1.1.3, then please submit them.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What problem? Those are the patches that have been qualified for 1.1.3 - if you know of others that work as-is on 1.1.3 but are not in that feed, then let us know the name of the patch and we can easily add it to that feed. If you have back-ported any other patches to 1.1.3, then please submit them.

-- Rod
    Well, now that you┤re saying it... You┤re right, most of the patches I wanted didn┤t install. But like I said, I know fo shizzle the "unthrottle-download-manager" worked perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    You mean it doesn't show up in WOSQI's Device Management and doesn't show up in Preware as installed?

Do note, do to an issue with Preware, it will be listed as unknown. I've talked to both Rod and Oil about it and they key assuring me a fix is on the way.
    this is correct jason it does not show up anywhere on my phone but it is installed and i use it still . idk you made the thing ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷ°ěṫ-Ŧḯěη
    Well, now that you┤re saying it... You┤re right, most of the patches I wanted didn┤t install. But like I said, I know fo shizzle the "unthrottle-download-manager" worked perfectly.
    Are you saying that unthrottle-download-manager works without modification on 1.1.3?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    yes
    You should now see that patch in the 1.1.3 feed.

-- Rod