Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    there is 5 more patches in preware !!! yeyyyy!!!
    mainly useless ones, still no download in youtube or spoof iphone patch.
    make sure you update feeds sometimes lol,
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    just use the patch in web osQI it works great for me!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post

+1 im waiting for them in preware too !!!
    hi the links to these patches arent working. can anybody be kind to post another link? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    make sure you update feeds sometimes lol,
    How do you update feeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i knew that, but some times doesnt work and you mess your phone !!!

im talking by experience!
    If you hsve specific examples, please tell me and I'll look into it. As it stands the only other person to actually give me information on issues with .patch installation occurred with the person's computer having limited temp memory space.

And yes, the WOSQI .patch installation conforms to webos-internals patching format, meaning it can be uninstalled like any other patch in WOSQI or Preware, and it's also EPR-compatible.

If you mean the patch itself was giving you an error, then it's good to keep in mind generally it's the exact same .patch file inside the ipk, so you'll get the same error in Preware.

Sorry to the OP about the slight thread-jacking here, just wanted to respond to the above posts
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you hsve specific examples, please tell me and I'll look into it. As it stands the only other person to actually give me information on issues with .patch installation occurred with the person's computer having limited temp memory space.

And yes, the WOSQI .patch installation conforms to webos-internals patching format, meaning it can be uninstalled like any other patch in WOSQI or Preware, and it's also EPR-compatible.

If you mean the patch itself was giving you an error, then it's good to keep in mind generally it's the exact same .patch file inside the ipk, so you'll get the same error in Preware.

Sorry to the OP about the slight thread-jacking here, just wanted to respond to the above posts

that was sometime ago i installed sms contact tone with webos q.i and doest work and mess with my pre tones and then was hard to unistall it with epr or webos q.i until i fix it with repair utility so now is working fine .
    About other patch im having hard time is iphone spoof .. everytime i install it doesnt work for me .. i tried 2 times but doesnt change anything in my browser so thats why im waiting
    this patch in preware.
    One more thing to be sure if i install any ,any patch with webos q.i is going to appear in preware installed patches? and can i remove with preware and epr too?

thanks man for the reply!!

p.d: thanks to sirwill to make me think about uninstalling with preware!
    that was sometime ago i installed sms contact tone with webos q.i and doest work and mess with my pre tones and then was hard to unistall it with epr or webos q.i until i fix it with repair utility so now is working fine .
    About other patch im having hard time is iphone spoof .. everytime i install it doesnt work for me .. i tried 2 times but doesnt change anything in my browser so thats why im waiting this patch in preware.
    I'm not familiar with the SMS tone patch, though it's certainly possible it's just an outdated patch and that's why it gave the error. The iPhone spoof it's a patch in the traditional sense. It's more like a self-enclosed binary alteration that doesn't follow webos-internals format at all (only one that doesn't afaikafaikafaik)

One more thing to be sure if i install any ,any patch with webos q.i is going to appear in preware installed patches? and can i remove with preware and epr too?
    for using .patch files and virtually all the Tweaks section, yep and yep.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

I'm not familiar with the SMS tone patch, though it's certainly possible it's just an outdated patch and that's why it gave the error. The iPhone spoof it's a patch in the traditional sense. It's more like a self-enclosed binary alteration that doesn't follow webos-internals format at all (only one that doesn't afaikafaikafaik)

for using .patch files and virtually all the Tweaks section, yep and yep.
    thanks man..do u know if there is possiblity the iphone spoof can b in preware sometime??
    thanks man..do u know if there is possiblity the iphone spoof can b in preware sometime??
    From what I've been told, as it uses binary patching, it's too big of a security risk

From what I've been told, as it uses binary patching, it's too big of a security risk
    o ok thanks again..im sorry i dont know to much about the tech words!
    With regard to the patches that also include an image, we're trying to work out a general method that will cover both patches and themes (since a patch with an image is essentially a theme, and a theme which changes a .css file is essentially a patch).

Rather than create yet another installation method which causes more problems on the next OTA webOS update, we're trying to get all the parties involved to agree on a common installation method for patches and themes which will all be compatible with the emergency patch removal tool.

So please be patient - we're trying to doing thing correctly instead of trying to do things quickly :-)

As for binary patches, allowing binary patches in general doesn't allow the important step of security review of the patch to take place (remember that a patch basically has free reign over everything on your phone, including the passwords you use for internet banking). So we're working out how these can be handled safely (if at all).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks again man I really understand what you trying to say .

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    With regard to the patches that also include an image, we're trying to work out a general method that will cover both patches and themes (since a patch with an image is essentially a theme, and a theme which changes a .css file is essentially a patch).

Rather than create yet another installation method which causes more problems on the next OTA webOS update, we're trying to get all the parties involved to agree on a common installation method for patches and themes which will all be compatible with the emergency patch removal tool.

So please be patient - we're trying to doing thing correctly instead of trying to do things quickly :-)

As for binary patches, allowing binary patches in general doesn't allow the important step of security review of the patch to take place (remember that a patch basically has free reign over everything on your phone, including the passwords you use for internet banking). So we're working out how these can be handled safely (if at all).

-- Rod
    thanks for the 2 new patches; I was waiting for the youtube download!!
    my patches still aren't updating. Am I doing something wrong here?
    Quote Originally Posted by something13 View Post
    my patches still aren't updating. Am I doing something wrong here?
    go to preware menu and update feeds!....I have 111 already in the patches list!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    is it only my version of Preware that shows only 20 patches? It used to be about 110 two days ago. I dont know what could have gone wrong. I didnt change anything.
    It seems to be one of the feeds but theyre all activated...
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    is it only my version of Preware that shows only 20 patches? It used to be about 110 two days ago. I dont know what could have gone wrong. I didnt change anything.
    It seems to be one of the feeds but theyre all activated...
    What is listed in the URL for the Webos-patches feed in your feeds management page?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast