Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Go to Preware Preferences, and click on the feeds button at the top. Check and make sure that the webos-internals patches feed is on. Then go to the preware menu and select update feeds. Either it is turned off, or the feed is down currently. I just went in to preware and had no issues getting the patches section.

Also make sure you are on the latest preware and package manager. (if not latest preware then be sure to update package manager first)
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I'm also not having any luck getting into the Patches section... Last night I noticed that when I would try to install a patch it gave me a 404 error and couldn't find the patch url... I tried reinstalling Preware (and package manger) and now the patches section is simply grayed out.

I looked under the Feed section in the preferences and they are all on, tried updating feeds and still no luck!

The default three icons hurts. =P
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    is anyone here still using 1.2.0? I think when they updated the package manager service recently it now looks so see which version your using... so there are separate feeds for 1.2.1 and 1.1.3, but not for 1.2.0 this is a problem with emulators also (that's how I found it) as they are still on 1.2.0 .. .. I'm hoping for a fix soon.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Amazing hahah... I had done a clean wipe and thought I was using the Webos Doc 1.2.1... But just tried the OTA updater and it told me to 1.2.1 is available. Thanks for pointing it out!!
    i just put webos and preware on my pre and when i try to download patches it will not let me select the patch and there is no number next to it as well

is there something else i need to do before it will show available patches

im trying to get the on-screen keyboard by the way
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i had to reset my pre. so i began to install everything again. after i did it's not showing that i can acess patches in preware now! is this something going on for everyone or just me? please help
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumyra21 View Post
    i had to reset my pre. so i began to install everything again. after i did it's not showing that i can acess patches in preware now! is this something going on for everyone or just me? please help
    It sounds like you web doctored with 1.2.0 The patches are now webos specific. Update your phone to 1.2.1 (If you have that option) then your patches should show up again.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    right.... silly mistake on my part! thanks for your help!
    same here
    in my preware it wont let me select available patches and it says there are none available
    as soon as i hit 10 posts ill post up a picture to give you guys a better idea of what i am talking about
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    That's odd. Make sure "show patches" is enabled under the options.
    Are you on 1.2.1? In newer versions of the Package Manager, it's dependent on your OS version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Are you on 1.2.1? In newer versions of the Package Manager, it's dependent on your OS version.
    well seeing that i just downloaded it today i would assume so

im working on it right now
    I have recently installed Preware (11/03/09) and have no available patches. I am looking for the battery as percentage and add date to home page. Did I install incorectly? I installed the package manager first then Preware. Any thoughts? Thnaks
    Quote Originally Posted by cobb deputy View Post
    I have recently installed Preware (11/03/09) and have no available patches. I am looking for the battery as percentage and add date to home page. Did I install incorectly? I installed the package manager first then Preware. Any thoughts? Thnaks
    same here!!
    ive been trying to figure it out all day!

someone help
    this is what im getting when trying to download patches

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    What version of package manager do u have installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    What version of package manager do u have installed?
    how do i check?
    i just installed it this morning so im thinking the newest
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I don't know off the top of my head how to check and unfortunately am not by my Pre.

I'm guessing that you used WebOS Quick Install to install Preware and the Package Manager service.

Have you tried going to Tools -> Tweaks from within WebOS QI and installing the various packages that manage patches and tweaks? If you haven't done that I would definitely do that and Luna will restart automatically, from there load Preware up and see if you can do patches.

Edit: The things you want installed from this are

The GNU Patch and DiffStat

They may say they're patches, but they're more-so required services for tweaking.
    Last edited by wkalam2; 11/03/2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Added info
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    I don't know off the top of my head how to check and unfortunately am not by my Pre.

I'm guessing that you used WebOS Quick Install to install Preware and the Package Manager service.

Have you tried going to Tools -> Tweaks from within WebOS QI and installing the various packages that manage patches and tweaks? If you haven't done that I would definitely do that and Luna will restart automatically, from there load Preware up and see if you can do patches.
    no i have not
    ive only had the pre for two days so this is all new to me
    but thanks for the help
    ill try it as soon as i get home
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast