Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Same problem here... patches is greyed out and I have no clue what to do... please someone help
    Did you guys click on "Update Feeds" in the drop down menu?

If not try that...

If that does not work then I would try and reinstall the QI. Sounds like package manager didnt install right. I still see them fine.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    There are a couple of extra packages you need outside of Preware for patches. I can't for the life of me remember what they are, but try adding a patch via WebOS Quick Install and it should prompt you to install them automatically.
    I believe you are talking about Diffstat and GNU Patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerm View Post
    Same thing here...had to exchange my Pre today and reload everyting. Downloaded Preware v0.9.7 and set preferences to display Available Patches, however "Available Patches" is greyed out and does not show any available patches???? Even after Updating Feeds
    Latest Preware is ver 0.9.8
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Latest Preware is ver 0.9.8
    I actually believe the latest version is 0.9.12

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I was having the same issues. All i had to do was update to the latest version of webos 1.3.1, and that solved my problems. when ever u doctor or hard reset ur phone, and u have to run the update.

hope this helps
    I just bought another pre for my girlfriend today. After installing preware, the patch section did not show up. The feed is turned on, however, the url (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.1.0) is different than my phone (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.3.0). My phone shows the patches...both phones have preware v0.9.12 and the most recent package manager service with identical settings. I have tried deleting and reinstalling preware and the pkg manager and it still is not working. We are using WebOs 1.3.1.

Thanks for your help.
    same problem with me too
    no patches area in preware
    I had to reset my phone, I can install and run Preware, but when I open it, Package Updates and Available Packages is greyed out, and there is no option for patches. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by drp643 View Post
    I had to reset my phone, I can install and run Preware, but when I open it, Package Updates and Available Packages is greyed out, and there is no option for patches. Is anyone else having this issue?
    What version of Preware do you have and are you running WebOS 1.3.1?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yes, running 1.31. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    I just bought another pre for my girlfriend today. After installing preware, the patch section did not show up. The feed is turned on, however, the url (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.1.0) is different than my phone (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/web-os-patches/1.3.0). My phone shows the patches...both phones have preware v0.9.12 and the most recent package manager service with identical settings. I have tried deleting and reinstalling preware and the pkg manager and it still is not working. We are using WebOs 1.3.1.

Thanks for your help.
    There are no patches available for webOS 1.1.0 - you will need to upgrade that Pre to webOS 1.3.1 to see the patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have Preware installed, I had to do a partial restore, and expected it to wipe out the installed patches. When it was done I was in the menu and noticed that my patches were still active. I reinstalled Preware and it can't see the installed patches.

I tried to download the Emergency Patch Recovery tool, which installed Diffstat and GNU Patch (both installed successfully) but when it tried to install EPR it gave this error message "Error Installing: See IPKG Log"

When I click IPKG Log Install, Confirm, Approve, Postinst, and Remove all have green text underneath. Unlock says "nothing interesting" in black.

Failed says " ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution"

Is there anyway to remove these patches (or have them become visible to Preware) without having to fully wipe the phone and start over?

Palm IIIc - Palm m515 -Palm Tungsten E2 - Palm Treo 755p - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    if you still have web os quick install and try to epr from there(no need to install) if that doesn't work try web os repair utility you check for corrupt files
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    if you still have web os quick install and try to epr from there(no need to install) if that doesn't work try web os repair utility you check for corrupt files
    I saw the insturctions on where epr is supposed to be in webos quick install, but I don't see it, as an option.

I'm trying to use webos repair right now, hoping this works

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    epr in web os quick install is under tools tweaks and there is a button that says epr
    I found it, I was running the last version of Quick Install, and it didn't have that option. I must have missed the update.

This seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help! Hoping it got all of the patches.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    if you need anymore help the thread in my sig offer lots of general user help
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112