Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Um, you didn't follow the recommended update path which involved clearing all of your patches off first?
    what is the "recommended update path"
    Rgarrisonjr, the recommended path is REMOVE all patches and themes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    What are you doing on a forum?
    You're a dog.
    You can't even type.
    LOL yessssss

Where did you download Preware? How did you download Preware? If the answers are WebOS QuickInstall even Jason mentions that all tweaks/patches should be removed before doing an update. I'm sorry, but if you can't be responsible for your own actions just don't use patches anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgarrisonjr View Post
    what is the "recommended update path"
    Remove any theme, remove keyboard, use Emergency Removal Tool to uninstall all other patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiernan7 View Post
    Might I suggest somewhere on PreWhere Central, a HUGE message be displayed in 96 point type, flashing RED that says:

"ALL PREWARE PATCHES MAY BECOME WOOFED IF THE WEB OS CHAGES?"

I had a number of your patches that:

a) No longer work
    b) Can't be removed
    c) Seem to be only salvagable by cleaning my phone off totally?

Shouldn't this be addressed by the PreWare people and fixed instead of by us?

This is REALLY MADDENING!!!!

-- John Kiernan (owner of a now half-working Pre)
    Just use webosquickinstall to remove the patches.... worked for me for those pesky ones.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Sorry, while the Preware guys are great, they have yet to create a patch that fixes laziness.
    Isn't that what EPR is for? Unfortunately, I manually removed all my patches before I found out about it

Now to hijack this thread, I removed all my patches and theme and succesfully installed 1.3.1. Problem is I actually didn't realize that when I reverted to the original theme, webos quickinstall didn't completely remove my theme "preconception" and now I can't add any themes. Webos quickinstall still shows that I have preconception even though I have the original pre theme. Any help on this?
    *cough*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by thrshr01 View Post
    Problem is I actually didn't realize that when I reverted to the original theme, webos quickinstall didn't completely remove my theme "preconception" and now I can't add any themes. Webos quickinstall still shows that I have preconception even though I have the original pre theme.
    WebOS Repair Utility will hopefully be on soon, feel free to bug Palm to release 1.3.1 webos doctor
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/15/2009 at 09:49 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Wow...ungrateful much?

Patches/tweaks/homebrew is a free, use at your own risk, resource. They only exist because some developers were kind enough to share their talents with you....and most ask for absolutely nothing in return. There are hundreds of threads advising about removing patches/tweaks/homebrew before an upgrade....if you don't feel like taking heed that's your thing.

Take-off, eh!

Might I suggest somewhere on PreWhere Central, a HUGE message be displayed in 96 point type, flashing RED that says:

a) No longer work
    b) Can't be removed

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/15/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    I am incapable of reading and a hugely entitled baby

-- John Kiernan
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    *cough*cough*

WebOS Repair Utility will hopefully be on soon, feel free to bug Palm to release 1.3.1 webos doctor
    LOL! yeah, I figured that's what I needed but it's not out yet. Can you write me a program that will email Palm a gazzillion times to bug them? I'm too lazy to write an actual email

a) No longer work
    b) Can't be removed

You may wish to reconsider your approach to communicating with those who provide software for your use for free ...

If you used Preware to install your patches, then the Emergency Patch Recovery tool will uninstall them, even *after* you do an update without removing the patches first.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I heard PreCentral is out to destroy all Pre's!
    I really hope Palm is keeping a close eye on PreWare and the folks who developed it. It not only is a free resource for us Pre customers but a free resource for Palm as well...it gives them ideas as to what people want out of their phone. Palm should make a huge donation for their efforts. They are staying ahead of the game and showing us more of what this phone is capable of beyond what Palm has given us so far.
    the OP was smart enough to read or youtube a how to install preware

but dumb enough not to read or hear the warning, you serously take preware for granted dumba**
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I really hope Palm is keeping a close eye on PreWare and the folks who developed it. It not only is a free resource for us Pre customers but a free resource for Palm as well...it gives them ideas as to what people want out of their phone. Palm should make a huge donation for their efforts. They are staying ahead of the game and showing us more of what this phone is capable of beyond what Palm has given us so far.
    Various individuals from Palm and the WebOS Internals team are in good communication, don't worry

I think Palm's strategy of keeping the device opening and supporting the development community (instead of harrassing them with legal threats like other manufacturers do) is a key facilitator for third-party developers to forge ahead with new ideas.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Sorry, while the Preware guys are great, they have yet to create a patch that fixes laziness.
    Quote Originally Posted by thrshr01 View Post
    Isn't that what EPR is for?
    Yeah but it won't do you much good it you are too lazy to search the forums to find out that (1) it exists in the first place and (2) that you should use it before a WebOS update, or even right after a WebOS update.
    An interesting thing just happened to me after reading this thread. It reminded me that I need to donate to webOS-Internals again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    An interesting thing just happened to me after reading this thread. It reminded me that I need to donate to webOS-Internals again.
    You know ... me too.
    I webdoctor mine before every update,just to be sure nothing gets broken somewhere. Some of you people need to just leave your phone's stock. The Webos guys have made this so easy for you people, no more rooting, or vi'ing, or anything, and alot of you still manage to screw up your phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgarrisonjr View Post
    do i have to just remove ALL Patches from my phone or do i have to remove everything i have gotten from pre-ware including preware itself
    Just themes (first), and then patches. Your services and applications can all stay.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast