Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    New in 0.3.6, now on PreWare...

- mvapp checklinks (cl) - checks if apps in media have links, if not, should remove them
    - mvapp link (ln) - can now link apps with no json file. not recommended but now able to.
    - mvapp checkfd (cfd) - check if Fair Dinkum is installed/enabled
    - mvapp upw - update PreWare
    - mvapp upt - update Terminal App (shouldn't do with app running, do from Putty, etc)
    - mvapp diag - the doctor has been renamed to 'diag' to avoid confusion
    - changed diag to recommend 'var used' below 125MB rather than 100MB
    - more robust clarification with many messages
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    BTW, thanks to Templarian, mvapp now has an icon. Will only show in the installers..

Thanks Templarian!
    Last edited by xorg; 11/25/2009 at 06:20 PM.
    Since Webos Doctor doesn't touch media now, what does that mean if you doctor the phone leaving the emails and apps linked? Can you just relink them once doctoring is done?
    I am aslo below 100MB (64MB - 26%) and still cannot install any new apps from the App Catalog. This is the only problem I am having. I am running WebOS 1.3.1.

Fair Dinkum is installed and enabled.
    Package Manager Service - 0.9.21
    Preware - 0.9.12

I have not tried to move any apps or e-mail because I have already deleted all the bucket folders under /var/luna/data/emails/ and /var/luna/data/attachments and because mvapp doctor did not recommend that I do so. See below:

Gathering diag report, hold please...
    var used: 64MB 26%
    var available: 184MB
    app used: 39MB on /var
    # total apps: 64
    email used: 0MB on /var
    attach used: 0MB on /var
    var tmp used: 0MB
    ipkg lists: 1MB

Recommendations...

- Keep "var used" well below 125MB.

Any ideas for me?
    Try disabling the "Partial App Limit Fix" preference in Preware. It sometimes has a negative instead of a positive effect for some people.
    I just switched off the "Partial App Limit Fix" in Preware preferences and restart the Pre. Still receive the "App Storage is Full" message.

Should I try to update the version of PreWare? I am running
    Package Manager Service - 0.9.21
    Preware - 0.9.12

By the way, why am I still able to install apps through Preware but not through the App Catalog? This was true even BEFORE I installed Fair Dinkum, which I believe is not included in my version of Preware.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Odd, I haven't seen this before... you might try moving apps (mvapp bm) until 'app used' is below 25MB.

Also try turning "Partial App Limit Fix" back on in PreWare and then reboot.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Since Webos Doctor doesn't touch media now, what does that mean if you doctor the phone leaving the emails and apps linked? Can you just relink them once doctoring is done?
    mvapp isn't setup to restore that way, but it is possible to force them back. There is a post a couple pages back on how to do it. The apps will technically work but PreWare will not know about them and won't be able to update the apps. I'm testing a way to link the ipkg data (/var/usr/lib/ipkg) onto /media and it appears to work OK, which would then allow a full restore of apps. Am thinking about supporting this in the future but it's not ready yet.

You could manually copy /var/usr/lib/ipkg to /media/internal before doctoring, but you need to stop the pkg mgr service before copying in either direction.
    I turned "Partial App Limit Fix" back on in PreWare and then restarted 3 times. Still receive the "App Storage is Full" message.

If I uninstall Preware and PMS, do I have to uninstall all of the patches first, or can they remain in place? Is there a way to dump a list of all of the patches to a file so that it will be easier to reinstall them later?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    In Terminal app, type this..

df /

What is the % used?
    Thanks, xorg. Please see the attached screenshot. I don't know how to insert the screenshot into the reply itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Hmm... your / used is high but OK, lower than mine. Try this in Terminal..

ls /usr/local/bin

What files are in there?
    5 items:

ipkg
    mvapp
    m
    wifi-mfg-labtool
    ma
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Am stumped. The known parameters that cause App Storage Full in App Catalog are if /var available is less than 100MB or if var apps are using more than 64MB. If there are other parameters, we need to find them so that it can be managed. Otherwise I'm guessing you have a patch gone wrong or maybe have tinkered a bit too much with the core OS.

Edit: One other thing to try... disable partial app limit in preware then run mvapp checkfd to make sure it is turned off.
    I disabled "Partial App Limit" in Preware and restarted the Pre. After running mvapp checkfd, I received the message, "Fair Dinkum is NOT installed or enabled".

xorg, thanks for all the effort! One question, if I uninstall Preware and PMS, do I have to uninstall all of the patches first, or can they remain in place? Is there a way to dump a list of all of the patches to a file so that it will be easier to reinstall them later?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Not sure, might want to ask on the PreWare thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I turned "Partial App Limit Fix" back on in PreWare and then restarted 3 times. Still receive the "App Storage is Full" message.
    Preware with that preference disabled has absolutely no effect on App Catalog installs.

Prewar with that preference enabled fixes one of the App Catalog install limits for most (but not all) people.

If you have less than 100MiB free in /var, then even the Preware fix cannot fix the app catalog free space limit. You need to use MvApp for that.

There is no circumstance where removing Preware (as opposed to simply disabling the Partial App Limit Fix preference) will make anything better for you (unless you happen to be right on the edge of a limit, where the very small Preware package size coincidentally pushes you over the limit).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I performed a Partial Reset from the Pre and this has resolved my "App Storage is Full" message. Interestingly, my patches are still on the Pre. Also, a few App Catalog apps reappeared, so I wonder if the incomplete uninstallation of one of them caused my problems initially.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Here is my diagnostics report. Can someone provide me with some assistance?

Gathering diag report, hold please...
    var used: 209MB 84%
    var available: 39MB
    app used: 41MB on /var
    # total apps: 87
    # var apps: 87
    # media apps: 0
    email used: 50MB on /var
    attach used: 59MB on /var
    var tmp used: 0MB
    ipkg lists: 2MB

Recommendations...

- Keep "var used" well below 125MB.

- Consider reducing space on /var.
    /var use is greater than 125MB.

- Consider moving apps: mvapp bulkmv

- Consider moving email: mvapp linkemail

This report is available on media
    drive as... diagreport.rtf
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Link email first. Then move your larger apps.

m le
    m bm