Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    For those of you using 'mvapp' and PreWare but still cannot install App Catalog apps even though 'var used' is well below 100MB, please do the following from Terminal app...

mvapp dev
    ma checkfd

This will check if Fair Dinkum is installed. The latest PreWare (actually the package manager service for it) should automatically install Fair Dinkum.

The commands above should either return...

Fair Dinkum is installed.

<or>

Fair Dinkum is NOT installed.

If not installed, that is likely the problem.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What is the URL listed under webos-internals in the Manage Feeds page?

-- Rod
    Under webos-internals it just says "feed" with no URL listed.
    Under webos-patches: ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/all
    I almost followed the directions properly which might explain why I still could not update Music (remix) and FriendsFlow. (i transferred the email after all the app, not 1st)

Here's the report: (any idea why I'm having a problem? Thanks mucho!)

Gathering /var report, hold please...
    var used: 39MB 16%
    var available: 209MB
    app used: 3MB on /var
    # total apps: 71
    # var apps: 60
    # media apps: 11
    email used: 131MB on /media
    attach used: 47MB on /media
    var tmp used: 0MB

Recommendations...

- Keep "var used" well below 100MB.

This report is available on media
    drive as... varreport.rtf
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Please check message #121 above. I've also added for it to show versions of Preware and ipkgservice. Please post the results of...

mvapp dev
    ma checkfd

ipkgservice (Package Manager Service) needs to be 0.9.19 or higher.
    Last edited by xorg; 11/18/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by btmille View Post
    Under webos-internals it just says "feed" with no URL listed.
    Under webos-patches: ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/all
    OK, that means that you did not install the Package Manager Service correctly.

You *must* follow the installation instructions precisely.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Ok, very good. I will reinstall.
    Thank you very much!!
    Fair Dinkum is/was installed. And Package Manager Service is 0.9.19.

Still cannot update. "failed not enough install space." I am trying to update with PreUpdate.

I suppose I could uninstall Music (Remix) and FriendsFlow and reinstall them, but I'd rather not have to do that everytime.

Gracias (and I apologize for missing message #121 before writing message #123.)
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    So is it just those two apps you cannot update or are you also not able to install new apps? Try installing a free app from the App Catalog that you don't have.
    Those are (were) the only 2 apps that PreUpdate "wanted" to update.

I successfully download a free app from the catalog.

I successfully deleted FriendFlow and successfully reinstalled an updated version.

Now PreUpdate only shows the Music (Remix). I left it so we'd have a control remaining.

It would not surprise me that the problem is with PreUpdate. i deleted it and reinstalled in. And I still get an error when I try to update Music(Remix), but since I reinstalled FriendFlow it only shows that the music program needs updating.

OTH, Preware doesn't show anything to be updated.

Lastly, Music(Remix) installed is 0.12.1, which is the same as what PreUpdate shows as the available update.

You been a fantastic help. If you want I'm totally prepared to say the problem isn't your fault.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I don't have PreUpdate so don't know. I've tested updates from PreWare and App Catalog and all updates work OK. Since you can install new apps from App Catalog, it would seem to be some other issue not related to links or /var space.
    xorg, wonderful work! Mvapp reminds a lot of zlauncher/zlink of the old palmos days! Are there any plans on incorporating a mojo gui front end for mvapp instead of having to rely on the command terminal? That would be wonderful if possible...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hi I am wondering after moving the software, will the software's performance be affected? I mean any downside for moving?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I've only done simple timing tests but there doesn't seem to be any performance difference. No one has mentioned they've noticed a difference.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    xorg, wonderful work! Mvapp reminds a lot of zlauncher/zlink of the old palmos days! Are there any plans on incorporating a mojo gui front end for mvapp instead of having to rely on the command terminal? That would be wonderful if possible...
    Thanks. I'm more of a systems programmer (was a unix sys programmer in 80/90s), not really an app developer. Frankly, I haven't coded in 10 years and the Pre has sucked me back into it - has been fun. If someone is up to putting together a front end gui for this, they can do so as mvapp is open source with no restrictions.

My original proposal to the homebrew dev community was to use symlinks in homebrew installers so that they move homebrew apps to media at the time of installation. That's still an open proposal.
    I am well below 100MB - I checked via "ma" and FD is installed and I'm running .9.19.

I don't get the "out of space" error anymore - I just get "download canceled" and "app catalog unavailable". Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    I am well below 100MB - I checked via "ma" and FD is installed and I'm running .9.19.

I don't get the "out of space" error anymore - I just get "download canceled" and "app catalog unavailable". Any ideas?
    The 'download canceled' issue has happened to me but it also happens to others not using mvapp.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...catalog-2.html

Some say a hard turn off/on solves the issue (not reboot). The only other solution I know of (per 'atlanta' on webosinternals irc) is to go into Device Info, Reset and do a Partial Erase. It appears to reset the Palm app database. All linked apps should still be OK. I have confirmed it's not related to mvapp. There might be another solution, not sure. Check the forums.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

-- Rod
    You were correct! PMS was not installed properly, so anyone not seeing Terminal on Preware most likely has the same issue. Thank you very much!!
    This site rules!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post

I've gotten that error when trying to download an update for a paid app that was once a free homebrew app.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Is that redundant humor? Endless loop of this thread?
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast