Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    quick question, will this affect the new update coming? if so what are the steps to make everything run smooth for the update?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I'm hearing rumblings they aren't addressing the storage limitations. If so, the links shouldn't be impacted.

If the links are impacted, you should unlink all apps (mvapp restoreall) and unlink email (mvapp unlinkemail) before installing the update. If you installed/linked a large number of apps over time, you might have to delete unused ones as you might not be able to restore all of them.

I asked Chuq at Palm if I could get 1.3 and he said I could not. It's only available for those who have an app published in App Catalog. <sniffle sniffle> Where's the love for system programmers?

Watch this thread when 1.3 is released. If needed, I hope to create a fix as soon as I receive it. From what I'm hearing though, the links shouldn't be impacted.
    Last edited by xorg; 11/04/2009 at 06:40 PM.
    What would be an awesome addition to this mvapp is the ability to have a cleanup delete function that works much like bulkmv only it lists 1 by 1 from biggest to smallest all apps you have moved to the USB side with a y/n/q to yes delete, no, not delete, or q, quit. It is quite tedious trying to type out these lengthy app names on that tiny keyboard perfectly.. Other then that, just LOVE this app!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    What would be an awesome addition to this mvapp is the ability to have a cleanup delete function that works much like bulkmv only it lists 1 by 1 from biggest to smallest all apps you have moved to the USB side with a y/n/q to yes delete, no, not delete, or q, quit. It is quite tedious trying to type out these lengthy app names on that tiny keyboard perfectly.. Other then that, just LOVE this app!
    Great Idea. Xorg Bulkcln bulkback

Thoughts?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    The next version coming has something similar. You can search by partial appname and it will ask if you want to link/unlink/clean. If you supply no appname, it will go through all apps.

You can test it if you'd like, in the development thread...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...oposal-17.html
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I'm hearing rumblings they aren't addressing the storage limitations. If so, the links shouldn't be impacted.

If the links are impacted, you should unlink all apps (mvapp restoreall) and unlink email (mvapp unlinkemail) before installing the update. If you installed/linked a large number of apps over time, you might have to delete unused ones as you might not be able to restore all of them.

I asked Chuq at Palm if I could get 1.3 and he said I could not. It's only available for those who have an app published in App Catalog. <sniffle sniffle> Where's the love for system programmers?

Watch this thread when 1.3 is released. If needed, I hope to create a fix as soon as I receive it. From what I'm hearing though, the links shouldn't be impacted.
    ok thnx for the heads up and for answering my question
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    wow! Very simple to do! Moved my email instead of my apps, that will be step are after I've installed all the apps I want and removed the ones I don't want. Email app works great also!
    Where do I find the mvapp... i looked all over my Preware... no where to be found... i dont c linux app cat... help plz!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Got to Preferences in PreWare and select 'show all package types'.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    mvapp 0.3.4 was just released to PreWare.

New features...
    - 'mvapp search' or 'm s' will allow you to search by partial app name, which is much easier in Terminal app. It will ask if you want to link/unlink/clean each found app.
    - 'mvapp dev' is an undocumented function that allows you to easily download future development versions of mvapp (dev versions are named as 'ma').
    - 'mvapp doc' or 'm d' now shows number of total apps, in var and in media. The report is now named 'varreport.rtf'.
    xorg,
    Still wrestling with the stored and uninstalled version of 1.21 that is taking up space. Since I have updates blocked, and a new update is due, I'd like to be able to erase the resident update before unblocking it for new updates. What command would I use to erase the stored update? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I think you're better off finding out which patch is causing the issue as I have oodles of patches installed without the issue. Check this at Linux prompt...

cd /var/lib/software/tmp
    ls

If I recall, it shows a bunch of packages (ending in *.ipkg).

You could probably just remove all files in that directory but it may be safer to move them to media first...
    mkdir /media/internal/1.2temp
    cd /var/lib/software/tmp
    mv * /media/internal/1.2temp

If all is OK, remove the 1.2temp
    rm -r /media/internal/1.2temp

If you have issues, move everything back..
    mv /media/internal/1.2temp/* /var/lib/software/tmp

Chances are, webOS will redownload the files again so you are better off finding out which patch is causing the issue.
    ^I think you're better off finding out which patch is causing the issue as I have oodles of patches installed without the issue. Check this at Linux prompt...

cd /var/lib/software/tmp
    ls

If I recall, it shows a bunch of packages (ending in *.ipkg).

You could probably just remove all files in that directory but it may be safer to move them to media first...
    mkdir /media/internal/1.2temp
    cd /var/lib/software/tmp
    mv * /media/internal/1.2temp

If all is OK, remove the 1.2temp
    rm -r /media/internal/1.2temp

If you have issues, move everything back..
    mv /media/internal/1.2temp/* /var/lib/software/tmp

Chances are, webOS will redownload the files again so you are better off finding out which patch is causing the issue.

Thanks. I'm becoming more and more convinced it is the My Tether app, especially when installed through the developer's installer. Recent post had no problems with re-updating until they installed My Tether. Unfortunately I use it every weekend....
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I have the paid version of My Tether yet with no issues.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Does anyone have problems installing mvapp 0.3.4 (released yesterday) from PreWare? I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall from PreWare but am getting an ipkg error...

wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Working now.
    Last edited by xorg; 11/09/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    ^I have the paid version of My Tether yet with no issues.
    There are a lot of people that apparently do fine....but was yours installed through the installer? There have been enough cases of people who had no problems without it, then began having problems as soon as it was installed. And Rod Whidby seems convinced that the way it is installed would make it a prime candidate.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...dating-17.html
    I get a "Termplugin is not installed" error when running Terminal. Where might I find it to install it?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I get a "Termplugin is not installed" error when running Terminal. Where might I find it to install it?
    If you use Preware to install Terminal, the plugin gets installed automatically, since Preware handles package dependencies

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Does anyone have problems installing mvapp 0.3.4 (released yesterday) from PreWare? I've uninstalled and tried to reinstall from PreWare but am getting an ipkg error...

wget: bad address 'ipkg.preware.org'

Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Working now.
    FYI: that error means that your phone does not have a network connection or cannot resolve DNS for some reason.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hmm, the new search function doesn't seem to work correctly for me. I had both the Bible Reader Lite and SimpleBible installed and decided to get rid of the SimpleBible. I first removed it from launcher with orange key+d. Then I ran mvapp search bible and it only returned the BibleReaderLite. I then did mvapp listmoved and SimpleBible showed up in that list still. So, I had to manually type mvapp clean com.incrediblylongdomain.simplebible in order to get rid of it. Was I doing anything wrong?
    Thanks,
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast