1.    #1  
    When trying to install Virtual Keyboard via WebOS Quick Install is gives me this error message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

ERROR: Framework file cannot be found: /./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs
    List of mojo builtin files:
    InstallPrototypeBuiltIn.jsjsjs
    palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    palmInitMedia.jsjsjs
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

It will ot let me install via Preware either.....what do I do? PLEASE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by aliciarene05 View Post
    When trying to install Virtual Keyboard via WebOS Quick Install is gives me this error message:

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

ERROR: Framework file cannot be found: /./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework200_18.jsjsjs
    List of mojo builtin files:
    InstallPrototypeBuiltIn.jsjsjs
    palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    palmInitMedia.jsjsjs
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

It will ot let me install via Preware either.....what do I do? PLEASE HELP
    run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html , this could help you to start fresh and with the original files and try to install vk!

good luck!
    Also if you want I heard to install the OLD VK. Its on Preware. Then uninstall it and it should be removed.
    VK won't install for me! It keeps saying its installed n needs to restart, yet after restart its not installed n shows as a available patch still. Other patches n themes do install after 1.3.1 just not VK. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    VK won't install for me! It keeps saying its installed n needs to restart, yet after restart its not installed n shows as a available patch still. Other patches n themes do install after 1.3.1 just not VK. Any ideas?
    I'm in the same boat....
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    same here.
    I have the issue again this time with OS 1.3.1. After the last update I had to doctor the Pre and start fresh. Then reinstall the VK. This time I don't know if I am willing to do it. To do a WebOS Doctor on the phone does cure the problem yet it is a lot of work to set everything up again. However it does work.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I'm in the same boat....
    same here / any1 have a solution to this??? It says its installed but its not... Tries the obsolete and EPR to start fresh but no luck
    where is it? i had it before 3.1, but now i cant find it! looked in preware and webos quick install!
    For those having problems re-installing the virtual keyboard after 1.3.1 update, try this solution:

* This solution assumes you already installed it, but it is not coming up*

First, Uninstall any previously installed VK patch, then:

1) Plug your pre into your computer, and select USB mode

2) Look for the virtual keyboard folder in your USB drive, and delete that folder

3) reboot your phone

4) Go back to preware or webOS quick install and reinstall the VK

5) reboot phone again, and it should work.

Good luck
    ill try that
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    The same for me...
    The only thing that seems a little different from other installs is that pop up notification that says it's installed and the Luna restart pop up are combined as one. Could be a faulty memory that I don't remember it looking like that.
    ------------------
    Tried all of the suggestions and still no joy.

I just found another thread about this and tried updating feeds after another restart.
    This time I go the confirmation about scripts before Luna restart.
    Aaaaaaaaand. Now it all works.
    Yay.
    Last edited by Trident; 11/20/2009 at 11:51 PM.
    I have VK installed but it won't open, I try to REMOVE it but i get an ipkg error and will not uninstall. I read a few of the posts from here but I don't see any methods saying what will work for sure. I'm going to try to delete the VK folder from the device plugged into USB mode and hope that works. Thanks
    yea just disable the webos internals feeds, update feeds, re-enable them, update again, n it should install
    None of the above worked, for me.

I deleted Preware and the Package Manager Service. I then reinstalled them via WebOS Quick Install. I then used WebOS Quick Install to install the only available virtual keyboard - the "OBSOLETE" version.

After successfully doing that, I believe that's when the Pre finally wanted to restart Luna. After the restart, I was able to uninstall the virtual keyboard (which still didn't work, if I remember correctly) then reinstall it... SUCCESSFULLY.

I can imagine doing things somewhat differently than I describe above (such as updating Preware instead of deleting and reinstalling) but the above describes my steps, as best I can recall.

I hope this helps someone. Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Same For Me