Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by snoPalm View Post
    Except that it is NOT there (for some of us).

I have checked chronologically, alphabetically and by typing "fair".

I have not only updated feeds, I have checked that all feeds are turned on. (I assume FairDinkum comes from the "Webos-internals" feed.) I also reset, to be safe. NOT THERE. (Interestingly, I continue to have the "Luna" theme but not the "Luna Manager" App.)

I did today download and run Jason Robitaille's WebOS Repair Utility. I can't see how that could play a role, but it is the only thing I did recently that might have affected the "internals" of my phone.

So, is this a feed issue, a Preware issue or something else?
    You likely have the same problem as Levi4u. Remove Package Manager Service, then reinstall it according to the instructions on the Preware wiki page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please do not call this app "FDAL" - use "fairdinkum" as the short form if you must.
    -- Rod

I'm curious... Why are we not supposed to call it FDAL??
    Cause that's not it's name

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I installed it fine but still get the app catalog error not enough space!
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    I Used WEBOSQI, ipkg Repository Viewer, WebOS-Internal Feeds(all), and found it there, Installed it and it now shows in the "Preware" app.
    For what it's worth, I also(like snoPalm) NEVER got the Luna App to show up either, I also installed it at the same time I found and installed the Fair Dinkum App, It(luna) also now is showing in the Preware app.

Thanks Guys!!!
    Note that you still will need to fix your Package Manager Service installation. At the moment it is badly broken - you will not see updates for Fair Dinkum if you leave it like it is.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post

cant figure out what the deal is. but i can not download any apps from the app catalog.
    Same here
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yes it is showing, I will try to uninstall it all again if you think I should, but I have allready done it twice without sucess.
    BTW, can you detail *exactly* how you are uninstalling the Package Manager Service and reinstalling it, cause what you are doing is not working and we want to work out what people are doing so that we can solve the root cause for everyone.

-- Rod
    no more not enough memory popup. thank you
    I must be in a minority not having installed enough apps to hit any limit as of yet. But I'm glad to see the recent developments to help those that have until the official update to resolve the limit.
    Woot!

I installed this, and then installed enough stuff from the app store to get a real not enough memory error. None of this namby pamby "we don't think you should have this many apps" nonsense, but honest to goodness ran out of room in /var.

Have I mentioned how much you guys rock?
    so it is working correctly i have not even tried to load anything since this app/patch yet lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I initially installed the Package manager update with Preware when it showed available sometime lastweek, also Preware, But today to fix it I went to WEBOSQI and uninstalled it and preware, Reinstalled them both(using WEBOSQI) and they are now fixed and showing the URL's instead of feeds in the preware feeds.
    I did see the updates available and came here first to see what others were saying about it, And seen I needed to install the Package manager first before updating preware, So I did, It seems I got a bad install of the package manager from preware. Could it be because I did not uninstall the package manager before updating it?
    Fixed the issue for me!!!
    Big Thanks to rwhitby.
    Amazinly he was able to fix in very little time what Palm was unable to do after several updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    and mark it as a donation for Fair Dinkum App Limit.

Note that the naming credits for this app go to fellow aussie Tim Carroll from PalmInfocenter.com

-- Rod
    Heh. And I must in turn give credits to whichever genius originally came up with "fair dinkum" in the first place...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Big-Quest...110931932.html
    Last edited by freakout; 10/12/2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: bloody url tags
    Well, like several others in here, this only causes problems for me. I've even uninstalled Preware and the Package Manager from WOSQI and then installed them again with Package Manager first. Then installed this app again. Everything goes fine, appears successful. But, then FileCoaster and App Catalog both say Install failed: not enough space while I did have free space before and could install the same App just fine before this patch. If I remove the patch, I can install again. So what is going wrong for some of us? It can't be blamed on Package manager service now..
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Very nice work!
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well, like several others in here, this only causes problems for me. I've even uninstalled Preware and the Package Manager from WOSQI and then installed them again with Package Manager first. Then installed this app again. Everything goes fine, appears successful. But, then FileCoaster and App Catalog both say Install failed: not enough space while I did have free space before and could install the same App just fine before this patch. If I remove the patch, I can install again. So what is going wrong for some of us? It can't be blamed on Package manager service now..
    Since the functionality that we are attempting to work-around is in a binary Palm LunaSysMgr executable, we can only determine what it does by what we observe at it's boundary. It could be doing any number of other things internally that we don't know about.

We will need to gather more debugging information for the small number of people for which this application is not operating correctly. At the moment, we're focussing on making sure everyone has it installed correctly, cause it's quite clear that a number of people are having problems because the Package Manager Service has not installed correctly previously.

Once the dust settles, we can focus on the unexplained failures. We will need to have people who are comfortable on the Linux command line to help us debug it, unless we can reproduce the problem ourselves.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    What I did was uninstalled package manager and preware then reinstalled preware with the stand alone installer this seem to fix my issues with the app catalog and the install errors. Oh before I reistalled I ran the EPR just to clean up anything that was left behind.
    Works great! Thanks!!!

I had hit my limit and couldn't download any thing from the appcat.
    Can someone provide me with instructions for how to display the du code to confirm the memory settings after an apparent successful installation? I'm confident in my PreWare, Package Manager Service and Fairdinkum installation skills. After installation, I'm still unable to install any additional Catalog Apps. Thanks.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Genobaby05 View Post
    What I did was uninstalled package manager and preware then reinstalled preware with the stand alone installer this seem to fix my issues with the app catalog and the install errors. Oh before I reistalled I ran the EPR just to clean up anything that was left behind.
    Thanks man, going to give that a try.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast