Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    open preware
    update feeds
    click list of everything and its right there
    very simple ppl dnt make it as complicated as you think.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    It's a conspiracy!
    For suree. Just tap List of Everything, sort alphabetically, and bam! It's there. I was confused as well, couldn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    It's a conspiracy!
    never mind sorry
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    wow. Okay.

Now that we have eliminated any obvious PEBKAC issues, let's check something else.

In very small gray text to the right of "Preware," as soon as preware finishes loading, it should list your version number. Mine says v0.9.4

Also, if you go to installed packages/services, you should see the package manager service installed. Tap on it to see what version you currently have installed. It should be version 0.9.7

If both of those are correct, I haven't got a clue. Hopefully rwhitby or someone else will have more ideas.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    i suggest you delete preware and package manager service and do a reinstall if its not showing anything something did not install correctly
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Not there(?) It should be listed between the fading into the blue and family guy if I have my file skills correct.
    excellent!!! Thanks!
    try reinstalling diffstat and gnu as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    NM, you already did it.

Add my vote for remove and reinstall through WebOSQI
  11.    #153  
    Preware v0.9.4
    Package Manager Service v0.9.7
    Please post a screenshot of the Feeds screen (top-right button on Preferences screen). Make sure the webos-internals feed entry is showing.

BTW, you're in the 10% who do follow the instructions

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    make sure you reinstall package manager service first !!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  13.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Rod, here is a mod to your 'du' command so that it will only return 0 if the app catalog is running. If app catalog is not running, it will run the normal du command. What you've posted is pretty risky for anything else that depends on the du command.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/running {} 2>&1 |grep findapps  >/dev/null
    if [ $? == 0 ]
    then
     echo "0 $2"
    else
     /usr/bin/du $*
    fi
    The round-trip time on a luna-send is going to slow things down - I was hoping to think of a more efficient way today after work.

If I don't I'll implement your suggestion. Thanks.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please post a screenshot of the Feeds screen (top-right button on Preferences screen). Make sure the webos-internals feed entry is showing.

BTW, you're in the 10% who do follow the instructions

Thanks,
    -- Rod
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yes it is showing, I will try to uninstall it all again if you think I should, but I have allready done it twice without sucess.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    open preware
    update feeds
    click list of everything and its right there
    very simple ppl dnt make it as complicated as you think.
    Except that it is NOT there (for some of us).

I have checked chronologically, alphabetically and by typing "fair".

I have not only updated feeds, I have checked that all feeds are turned on. (I assume FairDinkum comes from the "Webos-internals" feed.) I also reset, to be safe. NOT THERE. (Interestingly, I continue to have the "Luna" theme but not the "Luna Manager" App.)

I did today download and run Jason Robitaille's WebOS Repair Utility. I can't see how that could play a role, but it is the only thing I did recently that might have affected the "internals" of my phone.

So, is this a feed issue, a Preware issue or something else?
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I Used WEBOSQI, ipkg Repository Viewer, WebOS-Internal Feeds(all), and found it there, Installed it and it now shows in the "Preware" app.
    For what it's worth, I also(like snoPalm) NEVER got the Luna App to show up either, I also installed it at the same time I found and installed the Fair Dinkum App, It(luna) also now is showing in the Preware app.

Thanks Guys!!!
  17.    #159  
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yes it is showing, I will try to uninstall it all again if you think I should, but I have allready done it twice without sucess.
    OK, your Package Manager Service is not installed correctly. How did you install it?

If the grey text in a feed entry says "feed" instead of a URL, then it's broken.

Please reinstall the Package Manager Service, making sure you delete it first, then reinstall it.

BTW, this also explains why you couldn't find the Luna Manager app or Fair Dinkum in Preware.

-- Rod
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please do not call this app "FDAL" - use "fairdinkum" as the short form if you must.
    -- Rod

I'm curious... Why are we not supposed to call it FDAL??
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast