Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    no fair! I did the install and even rebooted my Pre but I'm still getting the 'not enough room' message when I try to download or even update anything in the app catalog. Using Preware 0.9.4 so not sure what to try....seems to be working for everyone else....come on, I wanna' play, too!
    Thank you so much.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Many thanks, works great for me; fixed the App catalog hang perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jluna9406 View Post
    This was a nice Idea but Preware already lets you download Homebrew apps over the limit! The REAL problem is how do we download from the APP CATALOG without getting the message???? We are definitely heading in the right direction but still cant download from Palms App Catalog.

Is someone gonna come up with a simple solution to that? Without having to know anything about Linux? A simple App??!!
    This lets you do that.................... I now can download from the app catalog.
    Awesome!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have installed it and It is not working for me. What did I do wrong? Any input?
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycpsu View Post
    Not at all! All I did was install zsh, which is probably not using the default /etc/profile. However, as I said in my follow-up reply, root is still using sh, and when I ssh in as root, I a profile with /usr/local/bin at the front of the PATH.

Installing an alternate shell for my non-privileged user shouldn't affect root's environment at all, right?
    Hmm - this needs further investigation then. Perhaps you can run a full strace and take a look through the output to see what you can see. I know you've got the skills for stuff like that

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    This lets you do that.................... I now can download from the app catalog.
    doesnt work for everyone.. didnt work on my pre.

i still wonder what will happen when you need to restore your pre after a full erase or when you get a new pre... what will it do if the amount of apps you have surpasses the 64mb limit during restore of backed up files.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    As I just posted I installed this and I am still getting the same message that I am up to my limit. I have uninstalled and re-installed and rebooted my phone after install and it still is not working. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you want to thank the author of this application, you can donate at

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

and mark it as a donation for Fair Dinkum App Limit.

-- Rod
    Just made a donation and I encourage everyone else to do the same to support all of the efforts of the talented people working on making the WebOS platform so usable and exciting.
    Last edited by MarkY; 10/12/2009 at 04:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    no go for me either...... Smh.........
    Im all for increasing my app storage...but when another palm update comes update; would I have to delete the additional apps (over 64mb) to accomdate the limit palm puts on app storage?
  13.    #133  
    For the people having problems installing WebOS Quick Install or Preware or Fair Dinkum, I'm going to let the other thousands of people who have those things installed properly help you out with that. 90% of problems are simply people not following the instructions, so that level of support needs to fan out into the community. I usually just ignore posts from people who have not even tried to follow the instructions - it's harsh, but I have to do it otherwise I would not have any spare time to actually do development.

For the people who have installed Fair Dinkum correctly, and can show the output of the linux command-line commands they have run to prove that, I will be very happy to work with you in real-time in the IRC channel. I'm assuming that you know how to get to the IRC channel.

For the people who are sending code to improve the du script to make it safer, you guys get top priority in the IRC channel. Let's together make it as safe as we can. That's why it is released as open source, so that many minds can work together to improve it. Anyone who helps improve the wrappers will get credit in the first post of this thread, and in copyright notices that I need to add to the wrappers.

Right now, it's time in Australia to go to the office and earn the living to feed the family ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is single handily the best app for the Pre/WebOs possibly! Before this app 64mb was so frustrating because homebrew apps come out so quicky (thanks) that it's hard
    to decide what to delete in order to get the new ones....now I can have it all muwhahahahaha!

Thanks!
    wondering if he left something out of the instructions because I followed completely and it's not wrking. Do we need to have our phone in developer mode?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    It's not that we are not following directions, The Fair Dinkum is NOT showing up in the program. I have updated the feeds many times, Uninstalled - reinstalled twice, Still nothing(?)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I know what you mean...I read and followed the instructions to the letter and it is not working. Now here is a question. When I get the error message I am attempting to download and app from the app store and not the Homebrew site. I have install WebOS Quick Install and Preware and all are up to date. So the question is I wonder if it has something to do with trying to DL from the Apps Store.
    CURSE YOU ALL!!!

The arbitrary app limit was the only thing keeping me from wasting a bunch of money on apps!!!

Seriously though, you guys rock. Took 30 seconds to find and install, and I'm rollin' with several new app store apps already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi4u View Post
    It's not that we are not following directions, The Fair Dinkum is NOT showing up in the program. I have updated the feeds many times, Uninstalled - reinstalled twice, Still nothing(?)
    That's because it does not show up under the program list.

It ONLY shows up under "List of everything."
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    That's because it does not show up under the program list.

It ONLY shows up under "List of everything."
    Duh, I meant it is NOT in the "List Of Everything" area of the "PREWARE" Program. Even when I search in the "List Of Everything" it is not there(?) There are many post in this thread of people with the same issue and no answers as to why it is not showing up for some of us.
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast