Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thank you! This works exactly as advertised.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hrm... didn't work for me either, just got around to testing it out. I verified it was installed and such (and all my du's resulted in 0's). Anyway...

I installed Fair Dinkum and then tried to install FriendsFlow from the app catalog. My /var was 74% full. The catalog definitely moved faster but instantly said I was out of space... which I of course was not.

For kicks I removed Fair Dinkum and tried again. App Catalog lagged horribly, but then installed the app just fine.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post

I installed Fair Dinkum and then tried to install FriendsFlow from the app catalog. My /var was 74% full. The catalog definitely moved faster but instantly said I was out of space... which I of course was not.

I wonder if there is also a limit for ~ >70% /var usage. I noticed that installing webOS 1.2.1 update used up 30% of /var temporarily for staging. Probably not wise to fill /var up too much.

The Dinkum method seems to solve part of the problem but still puts /var at risk of using up too much space.

Here's the other method that moves apps to /media and uses symbolic links, freeing up lots of space on /var...

Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by xorg; 10/12/2009 at 11:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    All you guy's are just amazing to me..You have made the pre the best..I thank you all so much for all the hard work..
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hrm... didn't work for me either, just got around to testing it out. I verified it was installed and such (and all my du's resulted in 0's). Anyway...

For kicks I removed Fair Dinkum and tried again. App Catalog lagged horribly, but then installed the app just fine.
    did you reboot after each patch installation?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    First - Thanks Rod You did it!!!! (donation following this post)

Second, after installing a couple apps from the catalog (finally able to)
    I went to check for updates. I had the AP News app installed and Updates showed one available. Tried to install it and Update said "update not available".
    Restarted Luna and saw that the AP app no longer had an icon. Tried to install another catalog app and got the memory error. Thought that the AP News app might be the problem so uninstalled AP News, restarted Luna, uninstalled FairDinkum and reinstalled FairDinkum.
    And am able to install new apps again.
    The AP News app is no longer listed, so I guess it's been pulled, possible because it can cause problems with 1.2.1?
    Want to share this as people running into problems may have an old app (like me) that's interfering with things.
    i was just *****ing about this last night when I tried to DL something, I didn't know it was limited to 64mb, thanks for this, you guys are programming geniuses.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    very nice Rod!!!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    I am having the same problem as the others. Patch installed fine and I am showing 48% free on the /var volume but apps from the catalog won't install.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    did you reboot after each patch installation?
    I did... For good measure. But I don't think it is a patch and it should not require reboot. But yeah, I did after I had issues. The weird part is that it blocked catalog install. Not just didn't fix it, but sort of made it worse. I was over 70% either way... But could install fine without fairdinkum.
    I also am trying to install Classic 2.0.0 and get the Not enough memory error. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.. Thanks
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Thanks rwhitby! This is fantastic!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    awesome app. thanks for the time and hard work you put into this. you are a life saver
    This was a nice Idea but Preware already lets you download Homebrew apps over the limit! The REAL problem is how do we download from the APP CATALOG without getting the message???? We are definitely heading in the right direction but still cant download from Palms App Catalog.

Is someone gonna come up with a simple solution to that? Without having to know anything about Linux? A simple App??!!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have BlockDrop and Checkers installed. In the App Catalog, it shows an update for it, but when I try to Update them even after installing the patch.. it still gives me the "Not Enough Memory" error. I then tried to download Flightview from the catalog and it still gave me the error also.. any ideas on this?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I wonder if there is also a limit for ~ >70% /var usage. I noticed that installing webOS 1.2.1 update used up 30% of /var temporarily for staging. Probably not wise to fill /var up too much.

The Dinkum method seems to solve part of the problem but still puts /var at risk of using up too much space.

Here's the other method that moves apps to /media and uses symbolic links, freeing up lots of space on /var...

Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals
    I could be wrong, just seemed like something more must being going on since the app installed fine once I removed fairdinkum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jluna9406 View Post
    This was a nice Idea but Preware already lets you download Homebrew apps over the limit! The REAL problem is how do we download from the APP CATALOG without getting the message???? We are definitely heading in the right direction but still cant download from Palms App Catalog.

Is someone gonna come up with a simple solution to that? Without having to know anything about Linux? A simple App??!!
    this DOES let u install apps from the catalog
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I am having the same issue. Fair Dinkum installed with no problems. Did a system reboot just for good measure. Tried installing a free app from Palm catalog, the lag was completely gone, but it instantly gave me the too many apps, remove one error. Uninstalled fairdinkum and the lag came back, but the app installed fine.

I do have hardly any apps so I could not have been over the 256mb limit or whatever it is. I could be close to the 64mb but not sure.
    Fantastic work! No problems yet, and I think the app catalog installs faster. Just impressive.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast