Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I reloaded preware today and Fair Dinkum is not available currently. Does anybody know why it was removed and when it will be available again?
    1) Launch Preware
    2) Select "List of Everything"
    3) Start typing "Fair Dinkum" and you will find it.

Which, by the way, was mentioned 3 posts above yours.

Edit: If you don't have Preware set up to automatically refresh the feeds when launched, you may have to manually refresh them. Open Preware, select the drop down arrow at top left and select "Update feeds." Then follow the 1-2-3 instructions above.
    Last edited by Trekker; 10/18/2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added more info
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Is this preventing updates in both preware and the app catalog from showing up?
    -m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    1) Launch Preware
    2) Select "List of Everything"
    3) Start typing "Fair Dinkum" and you will find it.

Which, by the way, was mentioned 3 posts above yours.

Edit: If you don't have Preware set up to automatically refresh the feeds when launched, you may have to manually refresh them. Open Preware, select the drop down arrow at top left and select "Update feeds." Then follow the 1-2-3 instructions above.
    I had the same issue as jingles...it's not that we don't know where to look or how to find it or how to follow instructions--the app simply WAS NOT THERE for me (after multiple manual refreshes and searches within "List of Everything"), which seems to be the issue jingles had/has. Fortunately for me, after reloading and refreshing late last night the app showed up along with some other apps that weren't displaying.

jingles, maybe a fresh install and refresh are in order for you. At least that's what worked for me.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    This is unbelievable. How are these guys not working for Palm???

Thanks 10,000,000 times infinity.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, this patch isn't working for me either. I installed it but still keep getting the infamous 'out of memory' error.
    this was working for me but now has stopped working. i tried removing and reinstalling but i still get the error. what's the deal? does this mod have a limit also?
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    this was working for me but now has stopped working. i tried removing and reinstalling but i still get the error. what's the deal? does this mod have a limit also?
    See the first paragraph in the first post of this thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I installed this and it didn't do anything - the app limit is still there. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it didn't work still. Disappointing.
    how weird that many people have so many issues with this...I actually haven't had one problem with it since install...never got the memory limit error..and just to make sure I even installed the script mvapp and moved 3 or 4 apps manually...but the fairdinkum apps worked as expected...no idea what other users are doing for it to now work for them hmmmmm
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    I installed this and it didn't do anything - the app limit is still there. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it didn't work still. Disappointing.
    Your problem may be related to having a large amount of email on your phone, even though it doesn't seem that way...fixing that requires accessing the terminal and using some linux commands. I have posted on it in earlier posts in this same thread.

The Fair Dinkum App Limit is not a fix all for the app limitation issue, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Your problem may be related to having a large amount of email on your phone, even though it doesn't seem that way...fixing that requires accessing the terminal and using some linux commands. I have posted on it in earlier posts in this same thread.

The Fair Dinkum App Limit is not a fix all for the app limitation issue, unfortunately.
    I'm sure that's the problem I'm having as well. I have several pop accounts synced to my Pre. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that that's what is causing the memory error after I installed FD. While I'm pretty computer literate, I won't be adjusting any code on the phone. This is an issue Palm needs to address.

Good on ya though, Rod. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am having the same prob. I d/l fair dinkum yet still have limit. I have EAS set up on phone. If this is my prob what is the suggested workaround?
    Ok so I was having problems with the app catalog hanging really bad on installs/updates so heard this app resolved that. After I installed this app, now ALL apps I try to update or install on the Pre gives me the app catalog unavailable error instantly. Done the restarts so what more was I supposed to to with the fairdinkum app?

**Update** Now its all working. Found an app was causing all the bane for install and update so removed it. Funny thing is was no longer in homebrew nor app catalog so maybe that explained it . Odd it just now did this :\
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 10/19/2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    **Update** Now its all working. Found an app was causing all the bane for install and update so removed it. Funny thing is was no longer in homebrew nor app catalog so maybe that explained it .
    What app was it? Maybe it will help others who are having similar problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Unfortunately, this patch isn't working for me either. I installed it but still keep getting the infamous 'out of memory' error.
    Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I am having the same prob. I d/l fair dinkum yet still have limit. I have EAS set up on phone. If this is my prob what is the suggested workaround?
    For all of the above quoted people, your advice is quoted below. You can clean up email by following the instructions earlier in the thread. People who get a lot of email especially multiple accounts and perhaps even have set to show back pretty far in time will likely have a lot of space used by email. After following the instructions to clean up email it would be best to reduce show email to like maybe one week or a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See the first paragraph in the first post of this thread.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    What app was it? Maybe it will help others who are having similar problems.
    what app is it??????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Does this work for the Palm App Catalog as well? I installed it but the out of memory still pops up. What gives?
    Oh, boy, I couldn't install my own app, even for testing. I made it smaller and still no go. It was taking forever too. This got it installed and it went on there fast. Thanks a Ton!
    This app works like a charm, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    So in looking at the wiki article at webosinternals, it looks like all you're really doing is "adding" space to /var? That is, the 64mb arbitrary limit you've addressed - is that really an arbitrary limit? Or is it a function of minfree in the /var file system, and the math just happens to work out to 64mb? Or a function of the installer maybe, to look at a percentage of free space in /var, and the math just happens to work out to 64mb?

All that is to ask in a round about way: If I've used lvresize to gank space from /media/internal and given it to /var (my /var is now 756mb), will I ever hit this limit, or should I still consider using your script to create the symlink and move stuff over?