Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Rod,

I installed it from preware, but when i go to the app catalog and try to download an app, it says I don't have enough room still. Any ideas?
    I can now finally buy some appss in the cripple app catalog. Once again homebrew beat palm to the punch
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Rod, will this ever be incorporated into the package manager service? Is getting hard for me to explain to my inlaws all the different packages and services, patches etc that will make their lives easier :-)
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    This is great news! Thanks Rod!

Can you go into any detail about how it works? Is it still limited by the physical space available in the /VAR partition? Does it use Sym links to the medial partition?

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    By far the best app to hit homebrew yet. Thank you so much for your work on this!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Wow! This is amazing, thanks!
    This is a Winner. Awesome awesome work.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    Rod,

I installed it from preware, but when i go to the app catalog and try to download an app, it says I don't have enough room still. Any ideas?

There is still the partition limit of 256MB. I had the same issue and deleted just a few apps this time. Did not have to delete 70 like before.

Now we just need an app to make the partition bigger.

Great work guys!
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Can you go into any detail about how it works? Is it still limited by the physical space available in the /VAR partition? Does it use Sym links to the medial partition?

TIA
    See my blog post at rwhitby.net : The Definitive Analysis of Palm Pre App Install Limits and the Palm App Catalog Hanging.

It is still limited by the physical space (so you now have about 200MB, depending on how many emails you keep, instead of 64MB) in the /var partition. But you can always use the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor to create your own customised webOS Doctor that changes your /var partition to be 2GB in size ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

TIA
    For the answer about the reason why app store gives the error, check out this thread.

Essentially this is fixing a bug in Palms process by putting a wrapper around a couple linux app calls.

Another excellent contribution by our friends over at webos-internals and especially mr. RWHITBY!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Rod, will this ever be incorporated into the package manager service? Is getting hard for me to explain to my inlaws all the different packages and services, patches etc that will make their lives easier :-)
    At the moment, I'd like to keep it separate, simply because I expect Palm will fix the problem in a future update, so I'd rather not include work-arounds in the Package Manager Service and then have to take them out again later - we'd get too many people uninstalling the Package Manager Service and then wondering why Preware no longer works

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Damit and I was just about to go get the HTC Hero. This is a major change of mind. Thanks for building this though. LOL
    doesnt show up for me.and yes i have the latest update and yes i have hit update feeds 4 times?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Does it simply remove the limit and still install apps on default /var? If so, sounds like a good tactical solution for now but there is still the issue of filling up /var quickly. Or does it use /media in some way? Have not tried it yet.
    You folks are geniuses! I can't believe how quickly you came up with a solution to this vexing problem. Thank you, rwhitby and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    Rod,

don't know wut you did wrong but it worked for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

got it thanks!
    Amazing work. I went and wikipedia-d 'fair dinkum', never heard of the expression before. Clever.

From another thread, I remember reading about resizing /var, and the only real hangup was having to comment out /media/internal and rebooting so it could be resized. Is there a way to get lsof on the phone so we can see what files are kept open on that partition?
    lets say I have installed the patch and downloaded multiple apps from the catalog that exceed the standard limit..then I have to reset the phone to factory settings..the phone will normally try to download and install all the apps I had on the phone before..but the patch has not been installed because the phone has just been restored...(Im talking about a complete restore using the webos doctor)..when putting your profile info upon boot up it will install all previous apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Damit and I was just about to go get the HTC Hero. This is a major change of mind. Thanks for building this though. LOL
    Dude get it anyway. Its totally awesome!
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast