Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 528
  1. tlove79's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #361  
    It installed fine and seemed to work at first, but now I am back to getting the not enough memory error. I un-installed and re-installed....it didn't help.
  2. #362  
    Thanks for this program. I was deleting programs and still getting not enough memory error. After installing I installed 2 programs fresh from the app catalog without a hiccup.
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlove79 View Post
    It installed fine and seemed to work at first, but now I am back to getting the not enough memory error. I un-installed and re-installed....it didn't help.
    You may have hit the 2nd limit. You will need to perform the steps requested in prior posts to report the free space left in /var. If you hit that limit you will need to look at your options which are also posted about in the thread. Unless you want to get rid of apps to add more. What option is best for you all really depends on how much effort you want to take to install more apps. Of course until the official fix is in place.
  4. #364  
    Can anybody help me with the terminal app? I want to use it to deal with emails but all I get is a black screen and nothing I type shows up. I did a search and couldnt find anything so thanks for any help
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Can anybody help me with the terminal app? I want to use it to deal with emails but all I get is a black screen and nothing I type shows up. I did a search and couldnt find anything so thanks for any help
    You probably did not install it correctly.

    Only Preware handles automatic installation of the dependencies that it requires to run. Using any other installer will not work (unless you manually install the dependencies too).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You probably did not install it correctly.

    Only Preware handles automatic installation of the dependencies that it requires to run. Using any other installer will not work (unless you manually install the dependencies too).

    -- Rod

    Thanks but installed it via preware, perhaps got corrupted somehow
  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Thanks but installed it via preware, perhaps got corrupted somehow
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling Terminal Service Plugin and Terminal using Preware 0.9.4

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling Terminal Service Plugin and Terminal using Preware 0.9.4

    -- Rod
    When I installed Terminal via Preware, it told me I had a dependency for Terminal Service Plugin and asked if I wanted to install both. I said YES and it worked flawlessly!
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    When I installed Terminal via Preware, it told me I had a dependency for Terminal Service Plugin and asked if I wanted to install both. I said YES and it worked flawlessly!
    Yes, once Preware 0.9.4 or later is installed correctly, then dependencies will be handled automatically for anything else as long as you use Preware to install them. The dependency information is in the feeds, so other applications can also do the right thing too if they support dependencies.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #370  
    Hello, I have it Fairdinkum installed throught preware....but now it seems that when I try to install something either through the App catalog, or filecoaster, it comes back with the 'not enough space' dialog box, wanting me to uninstall something first. Just to see if that was the case, I unistalled several apps from my Pre but to no avail. Please help with any suggestions you may have. Thank you.
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Hello, I have it Fairdinkum installed throught preware....but now it seems that when I try to install something either through the App catalog, or filecoaster, it comes back with the 'not enough space' dialog box, wanting me to uninstall something first. Just to see if that was the case, I unistalled several apps from my Pre but to no avail. Please help with any suggestions you may have. Thank you.
    u probably reached the 2nd limit...b4 fairdinkum it was 64 mb...after fairdinkum it gave u 256 mb...if u reach that it'll tell u not enough space...u can install the mvapp...which is a script that lets u move app MANUALLY...go here...

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1980126
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  12. #372  
    Is here a way to know at what limit I actually am at? (sorry to end my question with a preposition...lol)
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Is here a way to know at what limit I actually am at? (sorry to end my question with a preposition...lol)
    Yes type df at the root@castle prompt. This outputs the size of the partitions and how much free space is left.
  14. zenaa96's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #374  
    Want to say thanks to the developers here for all their hard work.
    I had a similar issue as many have posted before me with still getting "Sorry not enough memory" even after 1st installing fairdinkum, then uninstalling fairdinkum then reinstalling fairdinkum then installing and using mvapp. Still no luck with the App catalog. Plus in terminal my var was still over 64% and was not sure how to determine what else was taking up space or how to clean up my e-mail since it is IMAP...

    Anyway, then I uninstalled fairdinkum again as I've read has been done here. After this last uninstall of fairdinkum went immediately to App Catalog and was able to successfully download The Weather Channel, Shortcovers, AP Mobile, and purchase Workout Tracker... It was kind of slow to download these, but it's working now.:-)
    I'll say it was worth it to go through all this and the graduated learning experience to be able to download some favorites and new apps meanwhile still seeming to have unlimited download via Preware and WebOS Quick install.
    Thanks Again! :-)
  15. #375  
    Just loaded Preware for the first time (v0.9.4) and cannot find fairdinkum anywhere. Searched each term manually, reviewed list, etc. What am I overlooking?

    Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Just loaded Preware for the first time (v0.9.4) and cannot find fairdinkum anywhere. Searched each term manually, reviewed list, etc. What am I overlooking?

    Thx!
    ME
    Anybody?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  17. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Anybody?
    go to "List of Everything" (I believe that's what its called) in Preware and start typing fair dinkum. It should pop up
  18. lauracf's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #378  
    I posted earlier that this app wasn't successful for me. Well, I had to run WebOS Doctor today, and decided to try installing it again on my reset phone to see what happened. It WORKS now! Even with my phone full of "app catalog" and homebrew apps, I downloaded several more apps from the app store with no "out of memory" messages (and no freezing)! YAY!! Thanks for all your hard work on this!
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    go to "List of Everything" (I believe that's what its called) in Preware and start typing fair dinkum. It should pop up
    Thanks, but I do know WHERE the app is supposed to be. The problem was every time I searched for it, it was NOT listed. Refreshed multiple times, used search terms, looked manually, etc., etc.--NOTHING. However, late last night I reloaded the app and refreshed it and VIOLA!--there it was (along with a number of other apps that had not been there previously). Go figure.

    Anyway, thanks for the response.

    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  20. #380  
    I reloaded preware today and Fair Dinkum is not available currently. Does anybody know why it was removed and when it will be available again?

Posting Permissions