Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Thats odd, as I just copied and pasted exactly what either the directions or Rod told me to type in, and it worked fine for me....

Don't know why I use my wife SIM card, it works, so thanks all of you
    "sudo apt-get install git" in Ubuntu 9.10 in a Virtual Machine gives med the message:
    "Package git is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source."

Sorry for the noob question. Found out how.
    Last edited by tomoqv; 11/02/2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Beginner
    OK, sorry for my poor Linux skills, but here is another question. The command "git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git" doesn't work for me. I get a message saying "git.webos-internals.org[0: 140.211.169.177]: errno=Connection timed out".

I guess that's why the meta-doctor directory referred to in step 6.8 of the wiki doesn't exist on my machine.

Problem solved: I had to turn off firewall proxy.
    I now have my WebOS Doctor Build running under Vista, waiting for it to recognize my Pre connected with the USB cable...
    Last edited by tomoqv; 11/02/2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Problem solved
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    OK, sorry for my poor Linux skills, but here is another question. The command "git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git" doesn't work for me. I get a message saying "git.webos-internals.org[0: 140.211.169.177]: errno=Connection timed out".

I guess that's why the meta-doctor directory referred to in step 6.8 of the wiki doesn't exist on my machine.

Problem solved: I had to turn off firewall proxy.
    I now have my WebOS Doctor Build running under Vista, waiting for it to recognize my Pre connected with the USB cable...
    I suspect your firewall is not passing the git protocol. Contact your network administrator.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hello. Is there any way to just active wifi at registration page for palm pre gsm version with meta-doctor and don't just bypass it? I don't want the resized partition...Thank you
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parismessios3 View Post
    Hello. Is there any way to just active wifi at registration page for palm pre gsm version with meta-doctor and don't just bypass it? I don't want the resized partition...Thank you
    Yes, either modify the Makefile manually before running it, or wait for someone to create an end-user tool to customise it.

-- Rod
    ok thank you. basically what does the resize of the partition is needed for?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I made a change to the WebOS MetaDoctor Instruction Page reflecting difficulty I ran into trying to install the Palm SDK on the 64-bit version of Ubuntu 9.10. There's a packaging error and the instructions on developer.palm.com to use --force-architecture simply won't work. After reading this thread on the Palm Developer forums, and sifting through the man pages for dpkg-deb, I more or less figured out what to do:

right-click the link to the https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdo...pho33_i386.deb file, save as to my downloads folder.
    Open a terminal
    cd Downloads
    sudo dpkg-deb -x palm-sdk_1.2.0-svn202408-sdk77-pho33_i386.deb /
    System, Home directory, Downloads, browse into palm-sdk_1.2.0-svn202408-sdk77-pho33_i386.deb, open the postinst file, and manually complete the tasks that it otherwise should have done on its own. This requires editing /etc/hosts and adding a few lines, as well as using sudo to run rm -rf on some files. You might need to know at least a little about linux and the command line to complete this part.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    metadoctor its going to support WebOs 1.3.1 doctor?
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by javo0112 View Post
    metadoctor its going to support WebOs 1.3.1 doctor?
    It already does. It's not the default yet, cause the 1.3.1 doctor is not public as far as I know. Just change VERSION in the Makefile.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So I'm running Ubuntu using Virtualbox. I'm using 64 bit Vista. I have been able to follow the directions found in the meta doctor wiki. I have been able to bring up the webosdoctor, but the only problem I'm facing is how to get Ubuntu, running on Virtualbox, to recognize my Pre.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
    You don 't. It's been said earlier - you build the image in Linux but install from Windows or Mac OS because there are no Pre device drivers for Linux in the image yet.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Ok so I tried to follow the link posted on the meta doctor wiki on how to share folders in Virtualbox. I have followed each step, but when trying to mount I keep getting an error after following this command:

Then open a new Terminal window (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and execute the following command:

sudo mount -t vboxsf myshared Desktop/SharedItems

After typing this in Terminal I get an error regarding vboxsf.

Could anyone give me the proper command to type into Terminal where I can share a folder?

NOTE: I named my folders the same as the example.
    Last edited by TCCCCnME; 11/16/2009 at 11:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Ok I got it. I didn't install the vbox guest additions. Then I decided to just load the webosdoctor in the build folder onto a flash drive and transfer it to windows that way.

Anyway everything worked great!
  15.    #115  
    The Meta-Doctor now supports the Pixi, and has selectable options at the top of the Makefile (so you can use it just for increasing /var space to 2GB without bypassing activation).

-- Rod
    I'm having this error trying to patch the Pixi webOS Doctor.
    I tried using *sudo* and didn't work. I re-installed the SDK, Novacom and still getting this Error 1

Code:
    abe@laptop:~/meta-doctor$ make CARRIER=sprint unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar
    ( cd build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1 ; \
    		unzip webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar )
    Archive:  webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar
      inflating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF    
      inflating: resources/webOS.tar     
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS
    tar -C build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS \
    		-f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz \
    		./nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage ./pixie.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/rootfs
    tar -C build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/rootfs \
    		-f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./md5sums
    touch build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/.unpacked
    rm -f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/.patched
    [ -d patches/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1 ]
    make: *** [build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/.patched] Error 1
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeEstrada View Post
    I'm having this error trying to patch the Pixi webOS Doctor.
    I tried using *sudo* and didn't work. I re-installed the SDK, Novacom and still getting this Error 1

Code:
    abe@laptop:~/meta-doctor$ make CARRIER=sprint unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar
    ( cd build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1 ; \
    		unzip webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar )
    Archive:  webosdoctorp200ewwsprint-1.2.9.1.jar
      inflating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF    
      inflating: resources/webOS.tar     
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS
    tar -C build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS \
    		-f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz \
    		./nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage ./pixie.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/rootfs
    tar -C build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/rootfs \
    		-f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./md5sums
    touch build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/.unpacked
    rm -f build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/.patched
    [ -d patches/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1 ]
    make: *** [build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.2.9.1/.patched] Error 1
    Sorry about that, I forgot to commit the patches directory to git. Please try again now.

-- Rod
    It worked fine. Now I'm going to test it.
    Thanks.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeEstrada View Post
    It worked fine. Now I'm going to test it.
    Thanks.
    Thank you for testing it and giving a high quality bug report.

-- Rod
    One question.
    I copied the jar file from the build folder. I run it and flashed the Palm Pixi. How can I avoid the activation since the Palm Pixi doesn't have a WiFi? I couldn't use it
    Thanks in advance.