Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    Hi all, I have a german O2 Palm Pre, which does not work in Norway with a Telenor sim... So I am trying to use webosmetadoctor, and follow the instructions from this page: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

But get this error (output from terminal):

anders@Filosofen:~/meta-doctor$ make CARRIER=wr unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3/webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar
    ( cd build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3 ; \
    unzip webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar )
    Archive: webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar or
    webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp100eww-wr-1.1.3.jar.ZIP, period.
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3/.unpacked] Error 9

So, what to do now?

Kind regards,
    Anders Holt
    Your download of the original doctor file must be corrupted.

Please double check that the md5sum matches that on the webos doctor versions wiki page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thank you Rod, and thank you for your formidable knowledge and timeusing on these different forums.
    But, how do i check the MD% checksums? I am on a ubuntu 904 syste.

Kind regards,
    Anders Holt
    Quick update - I seem to have managed to get meta-doctor to work on MacOS X (Snow Leopard) through judicious use of MacPorts to get various supporting tools installed.

Minor issue though - when I try to reflash the Pre it stalls at 50% and stderr shows "Trenchcoat waiting" (Trenchcoat has reached 100% before this) for a very long period of time before I get bored and reflash with the standard image.

This is the freeze point for all version tried so far (1.1.3 UK and 1.2.1 Sprint)
    <INFO> 85 percent complete
    Oct 28, 2009 6:47:43 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> 90 percent complete

<INFO> 90 percent complete
    Oct 28, 2009 6:47:46 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Sent 171221845 bytes

Oct 28, 2009 6:47:46 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Waiting....
    Last edited by marshalla99; 10/28/2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Update - need to change TAR=tar to be TAR=gnutar in the Makefile for MacOS and MacPorts. I just spotted that MacOS tar was throwing an error on the --delete option.

Will report back later on the status of the new wr-1.1.3 build via MacOS.

Also note : build as root, but install as regular user otherwise it stalls just before device driver installation.
    Latest status - still won't install - it's now throwing a Java exception at

Oct 28, 2009 8:39:47 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController startFlash
    INFO: found resource in jar
    ./
    ./BadSys.tga
    ./BootLogo.tga
    ./Charging.tga
    ./NoBatt.tga
    ./NoPower.tga
    ./NoSys.tga
    ./Sync.tga
    ./Panic.tga
    ./Disk.tga
    ./boot-castle.bin
    ./castlecdma_evt1_fw.tar
    ./castleumtsfw.tar
    ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    ./._nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    ./castle.xml
    ./._installer.xml
    [Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
    java.io.IOException: Installer.xml cannot be parsed! There may be a problem with the base ROM and or Customization package you have chosen.Content is not allowed in prolog.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Update - need to change TAR=tar to be TAR=gnutar in the Makefile for MacOS and MacPorts. I just spotted that MacOS tar was throwing an error on the --delete option.

Will report back later on the status of the new wr-1.1.3 build via MacOS.

Also note : build as root, but install as regular user otherwise it stalls just before device driver installation.
    I have tried to make it work on MacOSX (that's why the variables are there for various tools) but could not get gnutar to do the right thing.

So I build in Ubuntu in VirtualBox.

-- Rod
    I've been setting up everything for when my Pre arrives...so far so good. I even got Virtualbox with Ubuntu running. (which is amazing for me

So far in rebuilding the webOS doctor file I've gotten 2 errors. I' m trying to patch the O2 version. This is what I get:

/bin/sh: patch: not found
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3/.patched] Error 127

Any idea what error 127 is? As far as I can see it hasn't got anything todo with wrong file names...

Also 'Patch not found' The file is in the patches directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upke View Post
    I've been setting up everything for when my Pre arrives...so far so good. I even got Virtualbox with Ubuntu running. (which is amazing for me

So far in rebuilding the webOS doctor file I've gotten 2 errors. I' m trying to patch the O2 version. This is what I get:

/bin/sh: patch: not found
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-wr-1.1.3/.patched] Error 127

Any idea what error 127 is? As far as I can see it hasn't got anything todo with wrong file names...

Also 'Patch not found' The file is in the patches directory.
    That looks to me like the "patch" command is not present in your path so the script which applies the patch files is failing.

The patch command should be somewhere like /usr/sbin/patch but if you type "which patch" at the command line it will tell you if it can find it or not.
    Good hint! I redid step 3 on the webOS internals site. Now it doesn't give me any error messages anymore. I think it worked! Thanks! I believe I'm completely ready for when the Pre arrives!
    Hello there,

Thank you for this topic, I have followed all instructions until now very late in Europe (3am) but I am stuck at the very last part.

I bought a German Palm PrPrPr $today$ $and$ $had$ $it$ $activated$ $at$ $the$ $O2$ $store$ ($living$ $in$ $the$ $Netherlands$, $so$ $was$ $1h$ $driving$). $However$... $As$ $I$ $had$ $all$ $the$ $contacts$ $of$ $the$ $german$ $sim$ $card$ $on$ $my$ $phone$ $and$ $found$ $it$ $very$ $unpleasant$ $to$ $delete$ $them$ $one$ $by$ $one$, $I$ $though$.. $let$'$s$ $do$ $a$ $partial$ $formating$ $of$ $the$ $phone$...

However, I was back in the Netherlands and didn't thought it will also desactivate my Palm PrPrPr .

I needed to install this tool anyway to hack around hoping to get data connection on the Phone (t-mobile neither vodaphone sim cards work for data connection, rest is ok and wifi was working fine too), but now I have to use it to bypass the activation too.

I spent my evening/night on it and I'm still stuck

I did :
    -Installed Ubuntu (Vmware thingy needed too much memory...)
    -Installed git, Java, virtual box, Palm SDK
    -Dwled the patch and did the git command
    -Launched the patch with carrier

Finally after a lot of troubles due to the limited size of my partition on which I installed Ubuntu (3Go... yeah...!), I finally got WebOs Internal Doctor patched and working. But impossible to get it recognise the Palm PrPrPr $connected$ $to$ $the$ $computer$. $Strangly$ $when$ $the$ $palm$ $is$ $ON$ ($waiting$ $for$ $PIN$ $code$ $for$ $example$), $Ubuntu$ $sees$ $it$ $connected$ ($but$ $can$'$t$ $explore$ $the$ $disk$). $However$, $when$ $the$ $palm$ $is$ $on$ &$quot$;$dev$ $mode$&$quot$; ($by$ $keeping$ $the$ $volume$ $button$ $on$ $and$ $placing$ $the$ $battery$), $it$ $is$ $not$ $recognised$ $by$ $the$ $system$.

In both cases web Os does not detect any PrPrPr $connected$... ...

Any idea of how to solve the problem? I felt so close from the end... Pfff...

Thank you very much in advance!

Cely
    I found that I couldn't install from Linux so built the new .jar on Linux and installed from MacOS. The problem is that the .jar does not contain drivers for Linux but only for Windows and Mac.
    Yeaah !

Reinstalled everything correctly on another computer via Virtual Box and it worked ! However I also had to use the created jar file on Windows, ubuntu couldnt detect the Pre connected (even though the Virtual Box did).

However, I have now a working phone (still no data connection but I have to look what to modify for this) . I could then run the program "First use" and create my palm profile via Wifi hourra !!

Will it now also update correctly in the future or should I change smgt in the configuration?

Thank you very much for the soft, it is so great to have my phone working back !
    Last edited by Cely_86; 10/30/2009 at 09:43 AM.
  13.    #93  
    You then need to run the First Use application after you have set up a wifi connection.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have checked that I have correct version od webOS doctor, and I am using Mac, and then I got the following error

Code:
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    	  ( cd build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs ; \
    	    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    xargs: md5sum: No such file or directory
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/md5sums.new
    make[1]: *** [build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/.patched] Error 127
    make: *** [pack-bellmo] Error 2
    I have updated the metadoctor wiki instructions as well as cleaned it up a little.... also added instructions for installing via Wubi which I personally find a lot easier than a virtual machine.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I contributed a little to the Wiki as there was a typo in "Doing it" line 5) where it should be "make CARRIER=wr unpack patch pack" and not "make CARRIER=rw unpack patch pack" if folks had renamed the file as mentioned earlier in the Wiki.
    Haha i fixed a similar typo on step 6 he had it set to rw there as well rather then wr
    Last edited by jack87; 10/31/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhklee View Post
    I have checked that I have correct version od webOS doctor, and I am using Mac, and then I got the following error

Code:
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    	    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/rootfs/md5sums.new
    make[1]: *** [build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.2.1/.patched] Error 127
    make: *** [pack-bellmo] Error 2
    I have solved the above problem by change MD5SUM to md5 in Makefile, however no matter which webOS Doctor I use, in progress 50%, it will not increase, and in log, I see the following

Code:
    Nov 1, 2009 2:57:54 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

Nov 1, 2009 2:57:58 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

Nov 1, 2009 2:57:58 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    Anyone know what is the problem??? Please help!!!
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhklee View Post
    I have solved the above problem by change MD5SUM to md5 in Makefile, however no matter which webOS Doctor I use, in progress 50%, it will not increase, and in log, I see the following

Code:
    Nov 1, 2009 2:57:54 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint

Anyone know what is the problem??? Please help!!!
    You currently cannot use meta-doctor on a Mac. I have a Mac myself, and I have to use a Ubuntu virtual machine in VirtualBox to run the meta-doctor. The problem is in the operation of tar or gnutar on the Mac.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Really thanks all of you, I can skip the sign in my profile part, however after I turn on the wireless, and run first run app, and enter the email and password, it still shows fails to sign it, is it normal?

Ray
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have asked my Germany friend to activate and sign in with me by T-Mobile sim card, and then when it arrives my place, it works fine, but after I flash the webOS, it asked me sign in again, but always return failed to sign it, i have turn on the WiFI, but still same result.

Anyone have same xp?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I have updated the metadoctor wiki instructions as well as cleaned it up a little.... also added instructions for installing via Wubi which I personally find a lot easier than a virtual machine.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Haha i fixed a similar typo on step 6 he had it set to rw there as well rather then wr
    Thats odd, as I just copied and pasted exactly what either the directions or Rod told me to type in, and it worked fine for me....
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast