webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  WebOS Internals > WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor
WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor
Like Tree4Likes

Old 09/26/2012, 06:19 PM   #701 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I have both a pre+ and a pre2, and don't mind experimenting, but is there an easy way (without actually doctoring) for me to find out what the differences are between the following builds? What is the difference between a meta and test script or a super and a test script? Is one prefered? Is one more feature rich? Is one more stripped down?

test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 and meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4 and super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4
test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 and super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4

Thanks,
Mike
Easiest way is just to read the scripts. "Test" and "Super" seem to be obvious names for the corresponding functionality.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
rwhitby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2012, 10:34 PM   #702 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I have both a pre+ and a pre2, and donít mind experimenting, but is there an easy way (without actually doctoring) for me to find out what the differences are between the following builds? What is the difference between a meta and test script or a super and a test script? Is one preferred? Is one more feature rich? Is one more stripped down?

test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 and meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4 and super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4
test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 and super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
Easiest way is just to read the scripts. "Test" and "Super" seem to be obvious names for the corresponding functionality.

-- Rod
The scripts I wrote test/super are my attempt to make a doctor as clean as possible with the right functionality, test-verizon-preplus-2.1.0, is my attempt to make as close to a Verizon PrePlus 2.1.0 as possible, but updating a few modules to get the best out of both worlds, give one MAP with the Touchpad (webos 2.2.4 BlueTooth Stack), Updated Flash.Enyo,Calender/contacts sync for Google/Yahoo (from webOS 2.2.4), Motionapps Classic Support (from webOS 1.4.5.1/2.0.1), Default Maps swapped to Mobile Google Maps, Updated Carrier Apps from Veer webOS 2.1.2 (Palm Voice Command), Pre2 webOS 2.1.0 (Skype Mobile, VZNavigator, Verizon Carrier Configuration, Amazon MP3 Store). Whereas the meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0, is the WR 2.1.0 with Verizon Pre2 carrier apps. It is up to the user as to which they wish to choose.

The webOS 2.2.4 scripts, the test-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4, is a vanilla script which was to test the functionality of webOS 2.2.4 on the PrePlus/Pre2 (close to a stock released doctor), the super-verizon-preplus-2.2.4/super-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 was to update the functionality, updated Motionapps Classic Support (from webOS 1.4.5.1/2.0.1), Updated carrier apps from Pre3 webOS 2.2.4, Default Maps swapped to Mobile Google Maps, webOS 2.1.0 YouTube app, although one can also add the Bookmark webOS 2.2.4 YouTube app.

I hope that helps.... Also there are threads for the Verizon PrePlus and Pre2 scripts if you need further information

WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...

2.2.4 for the VZW Pre 2?
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by mtiberio likes this.
Thanked By: mtiberio
Old 09/27/2012, 09:19 AM   #703 (permalink)

Thanks for the input. I just spent some time looking at both 2.1.0 scripts in side by side vi's (since diff jackpots) and it looked like test had skype added, at least from the IPKS defines, but otherwise they were similar. Obviously I missed a bunch. I now see the block of $make's where you unpack all the sources for the goodies in the test script. Thanks for the lesson...
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/05/2013, 11:29 AM   #704 (permalink)

I had started my own thread, but I suppose this might be a more appropriate place to ask my question.

I was gifted a strange Pre. It started life as a Verizon Pre Plus. The previous owner turned it into a FrankenPre using his Sprint comms board. He then got a Rogers Pre 2, and did another comms board swap - the Sprint board into the 2, the Rogers board into the Plus.

So, I have a Verizon Pre Plus, that thinks it's a Sprint phone, but has a Rogers GSM comms board in it.

I'd like to get it up and running as a spare phone. I have an unlocked Pre 2 as a daily driver, and I'd like to have the Plus ready to accept my SIM should anything happen to the 2. I've tried a few (meta-) Doctors, but I keep getting token mismatch errors. How do I work around that? I know that tokens can be baked into a Doctor, but is it possible to get the proper tokens now?

Thanks for any help.
Potential spare phone: Verizon Pre Plus, formerly with Sprint Pre board, now with Rogers Pre 2 board
jeffro-tull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2013, 07:48 AM   #705 (permalink)

Does anyone have a meta doctor made for an unlocked at&t pre 3 running 2.24 with the option to set up over WiFi?
Tyh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2013, 12:50 PM   #706 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyh2o View Post
Does anyone have a meta doctor made for an unlocked at&t pre 3 running 2.24 with the option to set up over WiFi?
That already exists for distribution http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...24mantaatt.jar. I'm under the impression that once a device is unlocked it remains unlocked regardless of a fresh doctor. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That link is for an AT&T Pre 3 for 2.2.4. To set up over wifi simply hit the emergency call button on the setup screen and type ##DEVMODE#, set developer mode to on, the device will reboot, and then you can enable wifi and use impostah to login to your palm profile. Otherwise, visit Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals to learn about what options you have. Good luck.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0