Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 724
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #641  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.allrobots.org View Post
    I have created a patch to enable building with alpha and beta feeds.
    Thanks. I've incorporated a slightly modified version of that patch.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #642  
    Hey guys,
    I just received my first ever palm pre plus at&t from eBay today, and I have no idea what I am doing!! I use consumer cellular for my service, they go off of AT&T towers, so it's basically att, anyway, they don't really support smart phones. I have been using my iPhone 3GS with them for years, I get messages, phone service and wifi just no data, which is great. So, I just got this palm for my husband, and I am stuck at the profile creation failed screen, it says 'try again' or enter phone settings.

    I am great with apple products, I know how to do quite a bit n those, but the palms are a whole new world to me. I am reading about this metadoctor, but I am totally lost. Can someone break it down for me a little? I see a lot of talk about the sprint version but mine is att and I didn't want to mess around with anything until I knew for sure that I was looking at the right instructions. First of all, how do I even get the metadoctor thing on the phone if I can't get past this profile creation??

    I really appreciate any help that you guys can give, I don't want to have to return the phone, it's really nice!!

    - Keri Marks
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdj942 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just received my first ever palm pre plus at&t from eBay today, and I have no idea what I am doing!! I use consumer cellular for my service, they go off of AT&T towers, so it's basically att, anyway, they don't really support smart phones. I have been using my iPhone 3GS with them for years, I get messages, phone service and wifi just no data, which is great. So, I just got this palm for my husband, and I am stuck at the profile creation failed screen, it says 'try again' or enter phone settings.

    I am great with apple products, I know how to do quite a bit n those, but the palms are a whole new world to me. I am reading about this metadoctor, but I am totally lost. Can someone break it down for me a little? I see a lot of talk about the sprint version but mine is att and I didn't want to mess around with anything until I knew for sure that I was looking at the right instructions. First of all, how do I even get the metadoctor thing on the phone if I can't get past this profile creation??

    I really appreciate any help that you guys can give, I don't want to have to return the phone, it's really nice!!

    - Keri Marks
    I expect the phone is locked to AT&T. Meta-Doctor won't help with that.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #644  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdj942 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just received my first ever palm pre plus at&t from eBay today, and I have no idea what I am doing!! I use consumer cellular for my service, they go off of AT&T towers, so it's basically att, anyway, they don't really support smart phones. I have been using my iPhone 3GS with them for years, I get messages, phone service and wifi just no data, which is great. So, I just got this palm for my husband, and I am stuck at the profile creation failed screen, it says 'try again' or enter phone settings.

    - Keri Marks
    This probably belongs in a thread all by itself. You might try creating one in the general section. I'm stumped. Part of what would be helpful is understanding how a new phone is activated for that network. If you bought a brand new phone from AT&T how would you move it to this carrier?
  5. #645  
    is there any plans for 2.2 on teh veer? im assuming that it could be created from the 2.2. pre3 doctor? or is the hardware so different im tooking utter rubbish?
  6. #646  
    Hi

    Couple questions that I could not find direct information about.

    - Do I need meta-doctor to create the ext3fs partition(for installing Debian) ?

    - Would Meta-Doctor destroy-reset my TP if I were to use it to create the ext3fs partition that I need for the Debian stuff?

    thanks
  7. depscribe's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #647  
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Hi

    Couple questions that I could not find direct information about.

    - Do I need meta-doctor to create the ext3fs partition(for installing Debian) ?

    - Would Meta-Doctor destroy-reset my TP if I were to use it to create the ext3fs partition that I need for the Debian stuff?

    thanks
    Apparently the answer to both of your questions is yes. I've looked for a backup program that will save *everything* on the TouchPad before doing this, so that it can be restored after the partition is created, but have not found one. Alas.
  8. #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by depscribe View Post
    Apparently the answer to both of your questions is yes. I've looked for a backup program that will save *everything* on the TouchPad before doing this, so that it can be restored after the partition is created, but have not found one. Alas.
    Thanks for the reply. I am glad I have asked before trying
  9. hxp
    hxp is offline
    hxp's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #649  
    Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I've searched and couldn't find an answer to this question:

    I'm selling my Veer and want to reflash it to factory settings. How do I remove the Meta-Doctor'ed settings?
  10. 5hieldz's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #650  
    iv got a pre-. It is the main phone. Over all is running the meta docot worth it??
  11. #651  
    Not that good with Ubuntu but generally techy !

    However when I try to follow the commands for installing MetaDoctor I just get

    E:Malformed line 61 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)
    E:The list of sources could not be read.

    I am running as administrator - but then I'm not sure how to add another user or run as another use.

    I think I have checked spelling and everything is OK so can't see what else to do.

    I think I have the 64 bit version and got the latest version from the ubuntu web site.
  12. dzee206's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #652  
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~$ cd
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~$ git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    Cloning into meta-doctor...
    remote: Counting objects: 1475, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1445/1445), done.
    remote: Total 1475 (delta 970), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (1475/1475), 217.45 KiB, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (970/970), done.
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~$ cd meta-doctor
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ mkdir downloads
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
    DEVICE = preplus
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST = P101EWW
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST = Verizon
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga

    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar

    --2011-10-20 03:47:04-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...onwireless.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.52.138, 174.35.52.131
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.52.138|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 192183052 (183M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.1.0.jar'

    100%[======================================>] 192,183,052 1.48M/s in 1m 56s

    2011-10-20 03:49:00 (1.58 MB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.1.0.jar' saved [192183052/192183052]

    --2011-10-20 03:49:00-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...p101ueu-wr.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.52.134, 174.35.52.131
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.52.134|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 195114555 (186M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar'

    100%[======================================>] 195,114,555 1.53M/s in 2m 4s

    2011-10-20 03:51:04 (1.51 MB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar' saved [195114555/195114555]

    webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar did not download properly. Please run this script again.
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$

    ok ive compiled the meta-doctor plenty of time and this is the first time this has happen to me. its been happening for a week now, im following the instructions step by step. is this happening to anybody else lately? i know i got 6 gigs worth of space to play with so i know thats not the problem. any suggestions?
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

    novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    jennysoeung@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0

    --2011-10-20 03:49:00-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/prepl...p101ueu-wr.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.52.134, 174.35.52.131
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.52.134|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 195114555 (186M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar'

    100%[======================================>] 195,114,555 1.53M/s in 2m 4s

    2011-10-20 03:51:04 (1.51 MB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar' saved [195114555/195114555]

    webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar did not download properly. Please run this script again.
    I've just downloaded that file, and checked the md5sum and it is correct.

    There is something wrong with your download.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. dzee206's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've just downloaded that file, and checked the md5sum and it is correct.

    There is something wrong with your download.

    -- Rod
    i have no clue whats going on, i tried the process again with same results. before i go and uninstall ubuntu and reinstall it, any ideas as why its continously doing this?
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

    novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    i have no clue whats going on, i tried the process again with same results. before i go and uninstall ubuntu and reinstall it, any ideas as why its continously doing this?
    Download it on a different computer, or with a browser, or some other way, then check the md5sum and put it in the right directory with the right name.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #656  
    Hi Rod,
    Any update for webos 3.0.4?
    I've just updated to WebOS 3.0.4, it killed all of my old fonts. And I could not copy the fonts back to my touchpad using xterm. It said that the file is 'read-only'. I tried to use chmod but it didn't let me do anything.
    It said that the file is 'read-only'. Is it because the file is created by another 'root' ?!!
    Please help!
    Thanks,
  17. #657  
    What is the command I use, for making an AT&T meta-doctor for the Pre3 that gets rid of the AT&T branding and bloat ware? Also, I would like to enable the missing options in phone preferences & settings, such as 'Network type = auto/2g/3g', These settings are missing from the default AT&T doctor.

    Thanks.

    PS: This is my first attempt at a meta-doctor and I also have no prior experience with Linux, thus please bear with the noob questions.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    What is the command I use, for making an AT&T meta-doctor for the Pre3 that gets rid of the AT&T branding and bloat ware?
    ./scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    ./scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Could you please clarify, whether I need the 'dot' before 'scripts'. Reason I ask is, I tried it with the 'dot' as you have typed it, with the following results:
    sanjay@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ .scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3
    bash: .scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3: No such file or directory

    I then tried it without the 'dot' and I got the following results:
    sanjay@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3
    DEVICE = pre3
    CARRIER = att
    VERSION = 2.2.3
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga

    Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3/webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar

    --2011-11-03 05:57:47-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...220mantawr.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 174.35.82.9
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|174.35.82.9|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 233622874 (223M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp220manta-wr-2.2.0.jar'

    100%[======================================>] 233,622,874 340K/s in 10m 39s

    2011-11-03 06:08:27 (357 KB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp220manta-wr-2.2.0.jar' saved [233622874/233622874]

    --2011-11-03 06:08:27-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...23mantaatt.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address `palm.cdnetworks.net'
    webosdoctorp223mantaatt-2.2.3.jar did not download properly. Please run this script again.

    What am I doing wrong here?

    Also, how do I find and edit the 'Makefile' to be able to make a few changes, such as enabling wifi profiles, enabling developer mode and also how would I go about adding Preware and Skype IPKs?

    Thanks.

    EDIT: I figured out how to open 'Makefile' with the text editor in Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/02/2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks Rod. Could you please clarify, whether I need the 'dot' before 'scripts'. Reason I ask is, I tried it with the 'dot' as you have typed it, with the following results:
    sanjay@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ .scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3
    bash: .scripts/meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.3: No such file or directory
    That is not what I wrote in my post.

    If you do not follow instructions precisely using the meta-doctor, you will end up with things that will cause your phone not to boot. I suggest triple-checking the commands you type, and ensuring you research everything about what you are typing and understanding what you are typing before running them, rather than just parroting blindly (which will end in tears).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions