Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I was just wondering, my German O2 Pre- is QWERTZ, but when I got it back from Palm/Asurion for repair of the phantom touch, it was still in QWERTZ but this time using a Pre Plus layout (OPT-P becomes "-" instead of "=").

Can I repair this with the Meta-Doctor? I'm thinking that maybe CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE would do it? But to what?

I already tried using the Pre webosdoctor for this, but still no go. Help?
    Yes, you can fix this with Meta-Doctor.

See the documentation in the Makefile for CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE. If your KEYoBRD token is currently 'y' (you can check this with Show Properties), then change it to 'y1'. Or vice versa.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    @ROD
    Pre-/+ running 2.1 that include the Veers Voicedial, are they only the Test-meta- scripts or the regular scripts also? Has this fixed the system sounds mute issue?
    what about text messages? will they be safed if i use metadoctor?
  4.    #604  
    Note that the VAR and EXT3FS partition size features have now changed names in the latest version of the Meta Doctor.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Is there a way to tell Meta-Doctor to create a webOS Doctor image which completely wipes all data from the USB storage area.
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Is there a way to tell Meta-Doctor to create a webOS Doctor image which completely wipes all data from the USB storage area.
    No. Just do that from the Device Info app.

-- Rod
    Is there a way to run the steps in "step 1." on the meta-doctor wiki page without an internet connection for Ubuntu? I already have meta-doctored my wife's pre- several months ago using Cygwin but I see that's now a problem (her phone works fine...at least the wifi and programs since there's no phone service on that phone anymore). I really want 2.1 on my pre- but I can't get Ubuntu to recognize my wireless Sprint Overdrive...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Is there a way to run the steps in "step 1." on the meta-doctor wiki page without an internet connection for Ubuntu? I already have meta-doctored my wife's pre- several months ago using Cygwin but I see that's now a problem (her phone works fine...at least the wifi and programs since there's no phone service on that phone anymore). I really want 2.1 on my pre- but I can't get Ubuntu to recognize my wireless Sprint Overdrive...
    Ubuntu in VirtualBox should work just fine if the Overdrive is working on your hostOS. If your hostOS can connect, there's no reason your guestOS shouldn't be able to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Ubuntu in VirtualBox should work just fine if the Overdrive is working on your hostOS. If your hostOS can connect, there's no reason your guestOS shouldn't be able to connect.
    How do you open Ubuntu using VirtualBox? Thanks for your help, by the way!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

The fact that you have a Sprint Overdrive is irrelevant. It is just like any other router. If your laptop has a wifi chip, then your OS supports the Sprint Overdrive without drivers.

If there is a problem with Ubuntu on WUBI, however, I'm not 100% positive that Ubuntu on VirtualBox would solve the problem. It's certainly worth a look, tho. Just take a stab at that link and see where it leads???
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html

The fact that you have a Sprint Overdrive is irrelevant. It is just like any other router. If your laptop has a wifi chip, then your OS supports the Sprint Overdrive without drivers.

If there is a problem with Ubuntu on WUBI, however, I'm not 100% positive that Ubuntu on VirtualBox would solve the problem. It's certainly worth a look, tho. Just take a stab at that link and see where it leads???
    I think there's a problem with dual booting to Ubuntu on WUBI 'cuz I tried everything and could not establish a wireless (only option with Sprint Overdrive) Internet connection. Thanks for suggesting I download Ubuntu on VirtualBox! Working like a charm....building my doctor as I type. Hope to have 2.1 working on my launchday Pre before I hit the hay. Thanks to you and all the wonderful people at webOS Internals!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have followed the instructions and tried to meta-doc the 2.1.1 rom to my AT&T, my phone get flashing finished but cannot start. It loops at the HP starting screen, so is there any tricks or scripts that can help me to complete the task automatically?

Thank you very much~
    Crimson™Waiting for Battery Fixes to buy again...
    I have a Pixi Plus (Verizon) that I Meta-Doctored to bypass activation. If I flash a standard Doctor, can it then be used on Verizon? Or is the cell radio permanently borked?
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I have a Pixi Plus (Verizon) that I Meta-Doctored to bypass activation. If I flash a standard Doctor, can it then be used on Verizon? Or is the cell radio permanently borked?
    Nothing is ever permanently affected.

-- Rod
    What needs to be done to get your device back to what it was (so no ext3fs partition for xserver anymore). Just reflash original webOS doctor? Not really needed now but maybe in a year I will sell my touchpad for another one and it might be wise to get it back in original state for that.
  16.    #616  
    Destroy the lvm partitions and then doctor.

-- Rod
    My understanding of this process is that I'm building a special version of the device image based on the original. If I decide to meta doctor my touchpad to install ubuntu, will I be forced to repeat this process with every OTA update or will OTA updates work normally once I do it the first time.

(I've skimmed through all of the 32 pages of stuff here rather quickly.. my apologies if I've missed this question being asked somewhere along the way).
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    My understanding of this process is that I'm building a special version of the device image based on the original. If I decide to meta doctor my touchpad to install ubuntu, will I be forced to repeat this process with every OTA update or will OTA updates work normally once I do it the first time.

(I've skimmed through all of the 32 pages of stuff here rather quickly.. my apologies if I've missed this question being asked somewhere along the way).
    If all you're doing is adjusting partition sizes, future OTA updates will work without issue.

If you're doing other complex things with Meta-Doctor (which could include disabling the update daemon for example), then results will vary according to what you do.

-- Rod
    I used the broken-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1 script and the new verizon 2.1 doctor to make this script. I have noticed that there seems to be less lag on sending text messages and (so far at least) the voicedial seems to work well. Anyone else with a verizon preplus is welcome to give this a try and see how it work for them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpl View Post
    I used the broken-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1 script and the new verizon 2.1 doctor to make this script. I have noticed that there seems to be less lag on sending text messages and (so far at least) the voicedial seems to work well. Anyone else with a verizon preplus is welcome to give this a try and see how it work for them.
    I've checked this in as the new version of the meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script.

Thanks,

-- Rod