Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Hello,
    I have a Palm Pixi(no SIM ATT network) and used Meta-Doctor to bypass activation and create a palm profile but I did make a existing profile with a Pre at the ATT store but when attempting to sign in with that profile it tells me if I want to take the profile off the existing phone I choose yes but it will NOT work!!! When I try to make a new profile it didn't work so then I tried a way through the terminal which doesn't work either.
    Can anyone help who has done this or knows how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    i would open up a chat session on palm's support site and have them look at the profile with you.
    Using metadoctor to modify webOS is not supported by Palm

Here is what I am trying to do:
    Sign in to/create a palm profile on a Pixi + doctored to bypass activation and Create Profile over WIFI but I can not create a profile
    Quote Originally Posted by ppixi View Post
    Hello,
    I have a Palm Pixi(no SIM ATT network) and used Meta-Doctor to bypass activation and create a palm profile but I did make a existing profile with a Pre at the ATT store but when attempting to sign in with that profile it tells me if I want to take the profile off the existing phone I choose yes but it will NOT work!!! When I try to make a new profile it didn't work so then I tried a way through the terminal which doesn't work either.
    Can anyone help who has done this or knows how?
    Are you using wifi are 3g connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Are you using wifi are 3g connection?
    WIFI because I do not have ATT service
    Using metadoctor to modify webOS is not supported by Palm

Here is what I am trying to do:
    Sign in to/create a palm profile on a Pixi + doctored to bypass activation and Create Profile over WIFI but I can not create a profile
    You need 3g connection for setting up your palm profile.
    No, that's the point of the metadoctor.
    Ok thanks guess no apps for me then I understand that is the case but I do not understand why meta doctor says you can create a palm profile over WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No, that's the point of the metadoctor.
    ...but the Op stated that using the metadoctor doesn't work.
    Ok thanks guess no apps for me then I understand that is the case but I do not understand why meta doctor says you can create a palm profile over WIFI
    Don't worry, Rush is wrong. You can log in to your profile over wifi using Metadoctor.
    Lets say it does work for activation, however, for some reason its not working for you. How many times have you tried using the metadoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Don't worry, Rush is wrong. You can log in to your profile over wifi using Metadoctor.
    I have never said that the metadoctor doesn't work for that. come on now.
    I have never said that the metadoctor doesn't work for that. come on now.
    See:

Anyway... OP what is the error you are getting?
    Could you help me I have tried everything but nothing is working and have been trying for over a month!
    Run MetaDoctor on your phone.
    Turn on wifi.
    Run 'FirstUse' app.

Where are you having trouble?
    When you were making the Metadoctor, did you edit the makefile at all?
    Anyway... OP what is the error you are getting?
    I get the simple Sign in Failed message even when attempting to sign in with a existing profile(with the addition of telling me that I am signed into another device and doing this will log me out of that device)

I have also tried creating a profile via terminal which tells me
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"errorCode": "ACCOUNT_CREATION_ERROR", "errorText": "There is an error in your request. Please try again"}
    When you were making the Metadoctor, did you edit the makefile at all?
    Yes
    Hmm. you mentioned that you made your profile on a Pre at the ATT store? Do you have a lot of info and apps already on that profile? If not, you could try making a new profile instead...
    Hmm. you mentioned that you made your profile on a Pre at the ATT store? Do you have a lot of info and apps already on that profile? If not, you could try making a new profile instead...
    No unless people have been installing apps but I cant create a new profile(on the pixi +) it says profile creation failed.