Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    In the makefile, did you enable the Bypass FirstUse option?
    Just checked and I didn't remove the # for first use.
    That's probably my problem.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Just checked and I didn't remove the # for first use.
    That's probably my problem.
    Yep, that's it! lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    traded some spare toyota parts for another used sprint pre looking at doing a meta-doctor, but everything seems to be older versions. i do have ubuntu on 1 of my pc. i usually use vbvbvb $through$ $xp$ $though$, $already$ $webOS$ $dr$'$d$ $the$ $pre$ $to$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $did$ $the$ $palm$ $activation$ $bypass$ $tool$. $do$ $i$ $need$ $to$ $re$-$doctor$ $before$ $i$ $attempt$ $to$ $meta$-$doctor$
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    traded some spare toyota parts for another used sprint pre looking at doing a meta-doctor, but everything seems to be older versions. i do have ubuntu on 1 of my pc. i usually use vbvbvb $through$ $xp$ $though$, $already$ $webOS$ $dr$'$d$ $the$ $pre$ $to$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $did$ $the$ $palm$ $activation$ $bypass$ $tool$. $do$ $i$ $need$ $to$ $re$-$doctor$ $before$ $i$ $attempt$ $to$ $meta$-$doctor$
    You may not need to use MetaDoctor at all. What are you trying to do with it?
    have a palm profile on it lol i wanna use it as a replacement for my ipod since i have multiple batteries and it has better sound than my gen2
    Palm prē-ist.
    If you already used the Palm bypass tool, install the "Show FirstUse App" patch from Preware. Open the app, create/login to a profile, and you're set. You can only use a Palm profile on one device though...
    garrett92c you rock. didn't even think to check if someone patched a 1st use app, freakin awesome community!
    Palm prē-ist.
    damnit, just realized i doctored it with 1.4.1.1 lol well at least i know what im doing now lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    damnit, just realized i doctored it with 1.4.1.1 lol well at least i know what im doing now lol
    If you're logged in to a profile, you should be able to use the Update app.
    nope, had to re-doctor, tryin to find a 1.4.5 dr and downloaded 2 that were 1.4.1.1 so far with placemarkers of 1.4.5
    Palm prē-ist.
    nope, had to re-doctor, tryin to find a 1.4.5 dr and downloaded 2 that were 1.4.1.1 so far with placemarkers of 1.4.5
    Have you tried looking here?

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    yeah, im trying again there already. it stopped twice wondering if its a verizon dsl issue.
    the palm site was a bad install... not having very good luck with this one lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Even though I'm not technical, I was able to follow the excellent instructions on the wiki to download meta-doctor and use it to modify the WebOS Doctor. However, I can't get WebOS Doctor onto my two Palm Pre Plus devices. This is what happened:

1. On PPP#1, the device driver installed when I plugged he USB cable from my device into my computer. Then I clicked "Next" on the WebOS Doctor window, and a program called something like novacmd installed itself. After that, nothing happened.

2. I followed the instructions to put the Pre into bootloader recovery mode, and when the "next" button reappeared, clicked it. Very soon after, I got a message on he WebOS Doctor window saying that the installation failed and referring me to a troubleshooting page on the palm Web site.

3. On PPP#2, the device driver did not install properly. I tried to download the WebOS Doctor anyway, and after the novacmd installed, I got a command terminal window with the message, "Service Removed."

4. Trying same in boatloader recovery mode, had same results as in #2 above.

5. With PPP#1, tried reinstalling the battery and inserted the USB cable with the device off this time (previously, it was on, at the Palm activation screen). This time, the device driver did not install properly. I went ahead and tried the download, anyway, and got the "Service Removed" message, as with the other Pre.

Any ideas why this is not working on either device? I can't seem to find this addressed in the literature on the wiki.

If it matters, I have two deactivated, used Verizon phones that I'm trying to activate on PagePlus Cellular.

Thanks!
  15.    #475  
    What host OS and version?

-- Rod
    Windows Vista 64-bit, version 6.0, SP 2
    I am having trouble with meta doctor, i have everything downloaded and in the makefile i have the # taken off the options i wanted. Where do i put this file now?
    An ebay phone dealer emailed me some instructions that included downloading Pre drivers at MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service . I did that, and tried to download the OS Doctor again. This time, when I plugged in the USB cable, the pop-up window told me the device drivers installed correctly. However, I still had the same results as before with the download.

Then I followed the OS Doctor's advice, following a failed install, and checked the support page at the Palm site. One of the suggestions was to charge the phone's battery. Since both these phones are used, it didn't seem they were holding a charge very well. I charged one of them and tried again. This time, on the bootloader recovery mode, I finally achieved a successful download.

However, after the phone rebooted, I was right back where I started -- being asked to create a Palm Profile and not being able to do so.

Am I missing something? I have a feeling I'm making some bonehead error here, but need someone to enlighten me. I saw the verbiage about using WiFi, but how do I set up Wifi when my phone only allows me to try to create a profile? While the number was set up by PagePlus Cellular, I can't actually pay for my first month's usage because I have to set up an account on the Web, and to do that it texts the phone a message, which I don't get.

Help!
    After having gone back through the instructions on the wiki, I realize that I omitted a critical step -- I didn't uncomment any of the Meta-Doctor's modification's to OS Doctor. (I thought those were only for supplementary modifications, not the essential one to bypass the Palm Profile creation process.)

My question now is this:

In order to activate my Verizon phone on PagePlus, do I need to "BYPASS ACTIVATION", "BYPASS FIRST USE APP," or both?

From the documentation, it looks like "bypass activation" means I can't ever use my phone over a cellular network. Since I do intend ot activate the phone on PagePlus, I'm assuming what I want to do is just "bypass first use app" in order to activate my phone using PagePlus' instructions, right? (I guess I'll need to figure out how to connect to WiFi on the phone, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ...)
    I've been informed that I misformatted my Makefile by using Notepad, whereas editing this file requires a Linux text editor.

I downloaded a cross-platform text editor called jEdit and did see the misformatted code when I opened the Makefile in it. I made the corrections and saved it, but found that it created a second Makefile, and renamed the original one "Makefile~". I moved the latter to a different directory and tried to rebuild webOSDoctor. However, the make DEVICE= command didn't work.

If I ever find a way to successfully execute Meta-Doctor, I'll edit the wiki page to indicate that one can "use your favorite [LINUX] text editor" to edit the Makefile ...